Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feb BB info won't be up for a few days. There is no signs of anything yet other than there are possibly 22 boxes to be sent out in February.

I got this in my e-mail today. So it looks like it's not an actual subscription to Allure but a mini-magazine instead.

I looked into both Shoe Dazzle and Just Fab. Shoe Dazzle shoes are more my style, and I signed up and ordered my first pair at 20% off so 32.00 total 
rolleyes.gif
I really hope it works out I do need a way of getting cute inexpensive shoes in my closet
biggrin.gif

Are you subscribed to any of them?

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Which one? Shoe Dazzle, Sole Society or Just Fab?

I looked into both Shoe Dazzle and Just Fab. Shoe Dazzle shoes are more my style, and I signed up and ordered my first pair at 20% off so 32.00 total 
rolleyes.gif
I really hope it works out I do need a way of getting cute inexpensive shoes in my closet
biggrin.gif

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

sorry for all the postings, the forum was telling me there was an error after each time I tried to post my reply..

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif
biggrin.gif

I am indeed. I haven't ordered in a while, I keep skipping the month, but plan on getting something in Feb from Shoe Dazzle - specifically a dragon bracelet set. I had only one problem with a pair of shoes about two years ago and easily exchanged it. I've been a member of Shoe Dazzle since... 2008 or 2009 I believe.

Got this from Sample Society this morning on Facebook.

Hi Zadidoll! Saw your commentary on makeuptalk.com. Just wanted to clarify that you're right that Beauty Bar's Sample Society does not have a points system. Instead, we give you a $15 gift code each month to redeem at BeautyBar.com. We thought a gift code was a more straightforward, valuable addition! Commentary is always welcome. Please feel free to send further suggestions for Sample Society to [email protected].

wow, I didnt know they were around that long.. I like that you can skip a month if you need to or want to

I am indeed. I haven't ordered in a while, I keep skipping the month, but plan on getting something in Feb from Shoe Dazzle - specifically a dragon bracelet set. I had only one problem with a pair of shoes about two years ago and easily exchanged it. I've been a member of Shoe Dazzle since... 2008 or 2009 I believe.

Got this from Sample Society this morning on Facebook.

Yup. I went to look up my account info and I've been a member since March 26th, 2009 and that's the same month they launched.

At "checkout" it asked me if I wanted this subscription and I could opt out of it. Even though its free and they said they won't auto renew after the year is up, I don't trust it.

Originally Posted by antonella /img/forum/go_quote.gif

wait im confused so if we say we dont want the allure subscription  we get it for free?

I signed up! looks really cool! I am so curious to see what my box will be like :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I was about to do myglam but myglam sucks in customer service and I was impressed by januarys bag..i have the concealer already, the mask is cheap i can buy it myself lol and iv heard so many disaster stories with the WEN conditioner so no thanks ill pass LOL

Totally caved and signed up just now. I got this message:

THANK YOU

We're delighted you've joined Sample Society.

In every delivery, you'll discover five deluxe-sized samples from world-class beauty brands, plus coveted expert advice from the editors of Allure. You'll love dabbing on the perfume, sweeping on the blush and smoothing in the moisturizer with flourish...and, of course, adding new favorites to your beauty bag.
'you'll discover five deluxe-sized samples from world-class beauty brands' PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE!

Also, I clicked I did not want the Allure subscription. We will see if I get a refund of 15.00 in March.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also, I clicked I did not want the Allure subscription. We will see if I get a refund of 15.00 in March.

I hope you do as well, their FAQs is a bit misleading. I'm under the impression you need to get the magazine in order get a refund on it. And if you do get the refund it probably won't be until April

Can I cancel my Allure magazine subscription? You are not billed for this subscription, nor will it automatically renew. The subscription is a special bonus included with your Sample Society membership. If you do not wish to receive an Allure subscription (or you prefer to receive a refund for the value), please click here and mail your request - along with current (within 30 days) Sample Society proof of purchase (your $15 monthly membership fee) to: Condé Nast Special Programs, Sample Society, PO Box 37722, Boone, IA 50037-0722. Refund requests without completed forms or proof of purchase, or those received more than 30 days after the postmark on the refund request envelope will be forfeited.

Found this on their website FAQ:   I kind of like that, so we will truly be surprised when we get it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> For this box, I decided I am staying off of these threads until I receive mine, or it will spoil the surprise.     Will you tell me ahead of time what I'll find in my box? You will not be able to view which samples are included in your box before receiving them.

I saw that. LOL The only downside to that is knowing if you want to continue or not until you actually get the products.

I hope you do as well, their FAQs is a bit misleading. I'm under the impression you need to get the magazine in order get a refund on it. And if you do get the refund it probably won't be until April

Just joined, woo! I just saw the official line up for this month's myglam and knew I had start diversifying. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Has anyone tried getting a magazine refund yet? I found this: http://stag.condenastdirect.com/corp/beautybar/

I wonder what receipt they are referring to. There's no receipt of purchase in the dashboard. Maybe they will send you a confirmation when they charge your card? Or maybe you can use the statement for your card as the receipt?

I'm sure you'll have to wait until you've been charged to ask for a refund. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just joined, woo! I just saw the official line up for this month's myglam and knew I had start diversifying. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Has anyone tried getting a magazine refund yet? I found this: http://stag.condenastdirect.com/corp/beautybar/

I wonder what receipt they are referring to. There's no receipt of purchase in the dashboard. Maybe they will send you a confirmation when they charge your card? Or maybe you can use the statement for your card as the receipt?

I would like a refund but Im not placing bets on it. I will ask but no biggie if they dont give me money back since it was 'free' anyway.

Back