Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah that ends up being a great deal! Though I wonder how expensive the brands they offer will be...for $15 off I can't image they would offer products for less than 30. Unless it's $15 off a certain amount?

I think it's $15 off a $50 purchase.

They will prob be around the prices BB are. They also offer a referral program like BB. I gotta log in and go through the FAQs to make sure I am not lying to yall. 

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah that ends up being a great deal! Though I wonder how expensive the brands they offer will be...for $15 off I can't image they would offer products for less than 30. Unless it's $15 off a certain amount?

I have really high hopes for this subscription! I can't wait to get my first bag/box

Also very excited about checking out Sample Society!!! Hopefully its a little bit more organized, and higher quality, than MyGlam.

Does anyone else not have anything on their Dashboard? I got a confirmation email that my box would be shipped March 5th, but I don't see any other reference to the order I just placed (i.e. can't review my shipping info, payment info, etc.).

Originally Posted by sky595 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Also very excited about checking out Sample Society!!! Hopefully its a little bit more organized, and higher quality, than MyGlam.

Does anyone else not have anything on their Dashboard? I got a confirmation email that my box would be shipped March 5th, but I don't see any other reference to the order I just placed (i.e. can't review my shipping info, payment info, etc.).

I think the dashboard will show your samples once you get them, like the box page of birchbox.

I know everyone is really excited about this, but I'm setting my expectations low. I don't want to be disappointed. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know everyone is really excited about this, but I'm setting my expectations low. I don't want to be disappointed. 

I don't know. I guess I have high expectations because it is the first bag. So I'm hoping for some really great stuff. I guess I signed up just in time too. I cancelled myglam yesterday after I saw what was in the bag. Not that it's terrible or that I won't use any of it, but I was just hoping for much higher quality stuff. So I signed up for Sample Society right after, and I'm hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

Originally Posted by becarr50 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know. I guess I have high expectations because it is the first bag. So I'm hoping for some really great stuff. I guess I signed up just in time too. I cancelled myglam yesterday after I saw what was in the bag. Not that it's terrible or that I won't use any of it, but I was just hoping for much higher quality stuff. So I signed up for Sample Society right after, and I'm hoping that it doesn't disappoint.

I'm hoping it will be good too, and I think it will be better than myglam, but I also don't expect them to be sending me full size urban decay or anything like that. I do expect some nice samples though, and I don't think thats setting our hopes too high. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

iagree.gif

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gifI do expect some nice samples though, and I don't think thats setting our hopes too high. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Just joined! I caved and clicked the box for the Allure subscription.. I'm always a little suspicious of things like that, though--I don't think they'd charge me or anything, but they never explicitly said "free". I'm sure I'll get an a**ton of junk mail in my name, but that's ok as long as I don't get roped into anything I can't cancel.

I'm loving the fact that they ship on the 5th, instead of sayy... two hours ago (just received my MG confirmation). Just to confirm, the first bag ships March, right? If so, YAYY first bags are always amazing.

I'm super excited for this too! I was able to sign up for it through their Facebook page. 

Yes the first box is March! And I wouldn't worry about the magazine, I get TONS of free magazines from sites.  Forever21 always gives a free subscription when you order over $25. I've never had a problem with spam or hidden charges.  As long as it doesn't say "auto-renewal" in the fine print than you should be fine. I think I remember this one specifically stating that there wasn't an auto-renewal attached to it.

Originally Posted by americanclassic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Just joined! I caved and clicked the box for the Allure subscription.. I'm always a little suspicious of things like that, though--I don't think they'd charge me or anything, but they never explicitly said "free". I'm sure I'll get an a**ton of junk mail in my name, but that's ok as long as I don't get roped into anything I can't cancel.

I'm loving the fact that they ship on the 5th, instead of sayy... two hours ago (just received my MG confirmation). Just to confirm, the first bag ships March, right? If so, YAYY first bags are always amazing.

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so bummed! I finally decided to sign up and now they're full. =( 

Go through their FB page. I literally just signed up. Like their page and go through the sample society app on the left side.

I figured those would run out thats why I signed up as soon as I heard!

Originally Posted by CaliMel /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so bummed! I finally decided to sign up and now they're full. =( 

I tried signing up as well and got put on a waiting list 
frown.gif
.  Just a sample of Bond No. 9 would put me over the moon!  No one sells them around here and I've been dying to try it!

One reason I am really excited about this is that I think the chance of them saying they will send out 5 deluxe sized luxury brand samples each month, and NOT doing it is slim to none. (unlike MG) I think the Allure and Beauty Bar association would not willingly do that damage to themselves. I have a lot of reasons to be excited about this one! I can hardly wait for the first box!

Darn. I'm still having trouble. All my info is there and I put in my CC number, but when I hit "purchase" it gives me an error code "unknown exception". 

So frustrating!
=( 

Back