Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL I was thinking the same thing. This past month was SO INTENSE since I was stocking up left, right and sideways with my make up collection. 

I'm not sure I could survive another month last this last one has been. LOL

Right? I could survive it, but my wallet can't. I need a raise lol, not sure how my boss would take that request. "Can you pay me more so I can buy more make up? Thanks."

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Right? I could survive it, but my wallet can't. I need a raise lol, not sure how my boss would take that request. "Can you pay me more so I can buy more make up? Thanks."

Girl, I'm sayin! Of course, we just found out we are getting some pretty nice bonuses next month. So I see another large purchase in April!  LOL

lol! My tax return should be coming soon, but I need to pay off my credit cards first. THEN STOP USING THEM TO BUY MAKE UP, lol. 

lol! My tax return should be coming soon, but I need to pay off my credit cards first. THEN STOP USING THEM TO BUY MAKE UP, lol. 
LOL My tax refund came yesterday and what's funny when I don't have money to burn I see so much stuff I WANT but when I have money I never want to buy. lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL My tax refund came yesterday and what's funny when I don't have money to burn I see so much stuff I WANT but when I have money I never want to buy. lol

Isn't that the way it always goes? Of course, I need new spring clothes too...why is shopping so addictive. 

Jealous! I haven't gotten a tax refund since I was like, 17 lol. I owe big bucks every year. If only Mastiffs were tax write-offs :/

Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Jealous! I haven't gotten a tax refund since I was like, 17 lol. I owe big bucks every year. If only Mastiffs were tax write-offs :/

ha, well I file single 0 so that I pay too much in to get some back. Its like  a savings account I can't touch, lol. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, it's like Murphy's Law. I'm so stoked for my tax return. I expected to pay taxes on some contracting work; I didn't realize I could write off business expenses while still claiming the standard deduction, woo!

I definitely upped by cosmetics budget for the month when I saw I was getting money back, heh.

Originally Posted by randerso /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yep, it's like Murphy's Law. I'm so stoked for my tax return. I expected to pay taxes on some contracting work; I didn't realize I could write off business expenses while still claiming the standard deduction, woo!

I definitely upped by cosmetics budget for the month when I saw I was getting money back, heh.
EXACTLY like Murphy's Law. lol

ha, well I file single 0 so that I pay too much in to get some back. Its like  a savings account I can't touch, lol. 

Haha that's smart. I do "independent contracting" so I get a ton of 1099s at the end of the year.

I hate 1099s. I really do. Such a pain because you have to go file a schedule C with it. It's bad enough I have to file a Schedule C when I do my husband's business tax returns but to do one for a 1099 is an absolute PAIN.

You guys are making me so glad my aunt works for h&r block. I just hand everything over and she takes care of it...for free lol. I did some "independent contracting" when I was tutoring through a website in college, and that was such a pain in the butt. Never again, lol.

I don't even want to know what's involved in filing 1099s, calculating business expenses, etc... thank gawd I have a friend who is an accountant and files my returns for free. I did buy a house in 2010 so at least now I have one big write off.. mortgage interest!

If you did ANY kind of repairs to the house make sure you keep your receipts as some are also tax write offs (like new appliances, windows, etc).

You can write off appliances? I bought my house new, so it came with the stainless appliances and crap already.. but I wouldn't mind trading those puppies in and upgrading if it meant I could write it off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You can write off appliances? I bought my house new, so it came with the stainless appliances and crap already.. but I wouldn't mind trading those puppies in and upgrading if it meant I could write it off :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I have never heard of writing off appliances but it's possible. This is my reference list:

Automobile expense Equipment and furniture (must be depreciated) Office supplies Postage and delivery Continuing education Home office deduction Utility expense (energy, water, wireless)
I loooooove doing my taxes, I would never let anyone else touch them. But then again I am going into accounting so that is probably a good thing.

If your contracting work involves working from home, you can pretty much write off a portion of anything you purchase involving your work. Rent expense, mortgage, utilities, wireless service, laptop, computer accessories, office supplies, etc. Appliances might be iffy unless you are a personal cook, lol. 

I loooooove doing my taxes, I would never let anyone else touch them. But then again I am going into accounting so that is probably a good thing.
I've always been afraid of using the home office write-off because I've heard that is a red flag for the A word... lol

I've always been afraid of using the home office write-off because I've heard that is a red flag for the A word... lol

I know what you mean, the correct percentage for home office write offs is very subjective ... subjective and the IRS don't mix, haha.

I know what you mean, the correct percentage for home office write offs is very subjective ... subjective and the IRS don't mix, haha.
LOL truer words were never spoken!

Back