Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by GirlyEnthusiast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've always been afraid of using the home office write-off because I've heard that is a red flag for the A word... lol
There are certain rules one has to abide by. A home office deduction requires so much more work for me than the money I would save only because I have to figure out what the sq ft of my work space is then factor how much electricity I used in that month and then factor that into the square footage of my place. And that's just the beginning of the headache and frankly, I don't have that kind of time. 

It helps that my "home office is literally a laptop sitting on a sofa tray like the one below. For me, the fact that I don't have to deal with the commute or other annoyances every day (except once a week for meetings) is rewarding enough.

Wow, what a headache. I swear they purposely make deductions hard and complicated so people either do them wrong or blow them off.

Originally Posted by Pancua /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There are certain rules one has to abide by. A home office deduction requires so much more work for me than the money I would save only because I have to figure out what the sq ft of my work space is then factor how much electricity I used in that month and then factor that into the square footage of my place. And that's just the beginning of the headache and frankly, I don't have that kind of time. 

It helps that my "home office is literally a laptop sitting on a sofa tray like the one below. For me, the fact that I don't have to deal with the commute or other annoyances every day (except once a week for meetings) is rewarding enough.

The calculation itself isn't too tricky for me. I can look up the square footage of my home on zillow and then eyeball my workspace and use that ratio to use for utility costs. There are some tax programs that will do it for you. For me, the biggest hurdle is that the space is supposed to be used exclusively for your work. Proving that is a pain in the butt. Accountants recommend taking time stamped pictures throughout the year, but who is going to remember to do that?

I agree, unless you know all the ins and outs of it, it is not worth it ...

Hello Beauties, I have a question...I'm trying to pick out samples for Beautyarmy, but it seems that you can pick up to six samples out of nine...There isn't any makeup or anything to choose from. Just skincare and haircare. Am I missing something here? I was excited to start using them, but I'm not seeing much variety. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by marusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hello Beauties, I have a question...I'm trying to pick out samples for Beautyarmy, but it seems that you can pick up to six samples out of nine...There isn't any makeup or anything to choose from. Just skincare and haircare. Am I missing something here? I was excited to start using them, but I'm not seeing much variety. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Retake your beauty profile. They had lipgloss and eye shadow, but I'm pretty sure they've run out of those samples.

Last I knew, as of yesterday, they still had eye primer too.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Retake your beauty profile. They had lipgloss and eye shadow, but I'm pretty sure they've run out of those samples.

Last I knew, as of yesterday, they still had eye primer too.

Thanks for the fast response! So maybe I should wait a couple days for more samples? I did retake it and said I wanted everything lol. When I went back, still only 9 to choose from. I just signed up to Birchbox. Any other great US based companies that can help break my wallet?
inlove.gif

Thanks for the fast response! So maybe I should wait a couple days for more samples? I did retake it and said I wanted everything lol. When I went back, still only 9 to choose from. I just signed up to Birchbox. Any other great US based companies that can help break my wallet?
inlove.gif
Yeah, you will always only get 9 samples so if you want make up to show up, make that the only one that shows up. 

I also recommend the look bag. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, you will always only get 9 samples so if you want make up to show up, make that the only one that shows up. 

I also recommend the look bag. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Ok, just signed up to the look bag too. If it's horrible, I'll blame it on you. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I always give my sisters anything I don't like. They are label girls who can't afford to buy it themselves so it's nice to rain high end things on them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ok, just signed up to the look bag too. If it's horrible, I'll blame it on you. :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I always give my sisters anything I don't like. They are label girls who can't afford to buy it themselves so it's nice to rain high end things on them. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, as a warning, the look bag I got was less high end and more independent products, but I thought it was a really great bag. It came with a full size eyeliner (that included a second "tower" of tubs of shimmer and glitter), a ginger soap, shadow shields, body butter, a perfume sample, and a hair deep conditioning mask. 

One more week! Yay! I hope it's worth the 15, or not...because then i'll be able to trim down my subscriptions!

I'm getting pretty excited as well. The anticipation is killing me. I just started down subscription mania and have really not been wowed yet.

Same here, March will be my first month of getting boxes (not including the first one I got this month from the Look Bag).  I was pretty impressed with the Look Bag, but i'm excited to see how the other subs are!

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm getting pretty excited as well. The anticipation is killing me. I just started down subscription mania and have really not been wowed yet.

Good luck, it's hard not to have every single one! lol

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Same here, March will be my first month of getting boxes (not including the first one I got this month from the Look Bag).  I was pretty impressed with the Look Bag, but i'm excited to see how the other subs are!

No, their FAQ says the boxes are shipped on the 5th so I expect them to ALL ship on the 5th lol we will see.. i hope since its their first month that they will keep their word 

Back