Sample Society

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I called Beauty Bar and spoke to a very nice woman who told me subscriptions have been closed for two days and she herself is waiting for it to become available. She said she waited too long and was like, "Noooo, but I work here!" haha. Who knows if that is true, but she was funny. Anyway, we laughed and made sure I was on the email notification list. Oh well. sigh. lol.

I figured thats what it was. The Facebook link that was working the last few days was probably a glitch and those people barely squeezed in.

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I called Beauty Bar and spoke to a very nice woman who told me subscriptions have been closed for two days and she herself is waiting for it to become available. She said she waited too long and was like, "Noooo, but I work here!" haha. Who knows if that is true, but she was funny. Anyway, we laughed and made sure I was on the email notification list. Oh well. sigh. lol.

Hmm I hope they're able to accommodate all the people who signed up through the glitch (ahhem me lol). but if they have to sub out samples, I'll completely understand. I think this subscription service should be pretty good since Allure is a well-established name, not some young start-up companies would be hesitant to do business with.

Originally Posted by yanelib27 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I figured thats what it was. The Facebook link that was working the last few days was probably a glitch and those people barely squeezed in.

Can my $15 gift code be used on any purchase on Beauty Bar?

Yes. You can redeem your $15 gift code on any $50 purchase—as long as that order includes at least one product from the brands you sampled that month.

I hadnt noticed it says as long as one product in your order is from one of the BRANDS you sampled that month, so you dont necessarily need to buy the product, just something from that brand. Thats a nice deal! 

I signed up through facebook yesterday and it let me, I must have been one of those that just barely squeaked by. The link through facebook isn't working anymore, I take it?

Weird, I signed up at 2 AM this morning through FB got a confirmation email and everything.

Still waiting for a tracking. I double checked my account and it says my first delivery date as 2/15 so we'll see. I've been told by a few people their boxes have shown up without being sent a tracking #.

I got as far as placing the order and it gave me the "Unknown Exception" error.  Looks like its still sold out. 

It says on the website they do not email you a tracking number. You track your box from My Dashboard on their website. You can only track it once it actually ships. And you should be able to see whats in your box as well from your Dashboard.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still waiting for a tracking. I double checked my account and it says my first delivery date as 2/15 so we'll see. I've been told by a few people their boxes have shown up without being sent a tracking #.

Also, I thought their first box was going to ship out in March. Am I missing something? My Dashboard says March 5th 

Yes mine is March 5th too so I dont expect an email tracking anytime soon. Maybe people are confusing this with Beauty Box 5? Those are supposed to ship Feb 15

Originally Posted by javagirl87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm yeah I thought their first box was on March 5th also

They emailed me back and said that they're not taking anymore sign ups right now. There's a wait list, and I got placed on it, but they aren't sure when they're opening them back up again. 

Hopefully soon! 

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this for your myglam bag or Sample Society? I thought the first Sample Society bagged shipped on March 5th?

It was for the Look Bag and Beauty Box 5. I just got my Look Bag today without a tracking # email. There was a tracking # on the box but none sent to me. Looks like they're doing things manually at the post office instead of doing pre-print labels since the box actually had a label with the price for shipping ($5.90).

Originally Posted by Diana Mangual /img/forum/go_quote.gif

its getting closer to march 5th and im dying here!!!! lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

me too, lol! I pretty much wish my time away waiting for these boxes lol. I think I need another hobby. 

Back