Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in the middle of moving, and I'm about to go sit in the spa...oh I'm going to be sad when I am out of here, but happy at the same time.  I'll be saving $400 mo/rent but giving up the spa that is open year round that almost NO ONE uses here.  And this is the only place I've ever found one so HOT.  Truly, it takes adjusting just to get in, and my tired muscles are soooooooo looking forward to that right now!

I came on here to post and ask for help from some of you tech savvy posters, but realize now that I've been sitting on my duff for a while (having dinner, shopping for my elfster!) that I am just too damned tired to learn something new right now!  Have a great night all - I repeat I AM SO EXCITED!!! (just a little sore and tired!)

I need to print out my persons wishlist and survey and then take stock of coupons, points, and sales.  I have a million ideas and have to get my thoughts organized.  

Also, I forgot to log out before viewing my santee's profile so now I will be spending the next half hour clicking on as many profiles as I can.  ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Also, I forgot to log out before viewing my santee's profile so now I will be spending the next half hour clicking on as many profiles as I can. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Another perk of Elfster:  You can't tell who is looking at your list!  You can see friends and who someone is following, but most followers show up as "Secret Elves following from a gift exchange."  I think if someone is participating in an exchange you're also participating in, Elfster automatically makes them a Secret Elf, whether or not you're matched with them.

I'm so excited!!!! I was thinking, "oh it's so great that this person loves so many things that I love, she's gonna be so easy to shop for!" Then I realized that's true of pretty much every single person on MUT. IT'S WHY WE'RE ALL HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!  Hah :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
HA!  I thought the same thing!!!  My santee and I have a lot in common!!  THIS is going to be FUN!! (Why can't Ulta be open 24 hours???  You mean I have to wait until SUNDAY!!??!?!)

So excited to shop for my Santees!

So excited that apparently at some point in the last few minutes, my happy humming turned into me singing "stalky, stalky, stalky" without my knowledge. My first clue was getting this face

Who should I PM to get my Santee's address (it's not on Elfster)?
Anyone missing an address can PM @, @, or me! 

ETA:  I believe you can also send a message to your Santee on Elfster requesting that information, and it will not be a message that shows up for everyone else to see.  Secret Q&A questions *do* show up for the rest of the participants, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoever has me I am still working on the elfster wishlist. If you'd give me another 24 hours or so to work on it it would be appreciated.  With that said it's already insane long so if you want to or have started shopping that's no issue.  I just hope I'm not adding to a wishlist when my person is already done shopping :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Does anyone have any super stealthy stalking tips for our santees?  I tried logging out and looking at her profile, but I can't see anything.  Boo hiss!

TIA!

GUYS I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

And, welcome to Secret Santa season to all our first time participants!

How to stalk in-depth on MUT:

Go to their profile

Click "find content" on the right hand side of the page over the colored bar showing the number of likes

Click "by posts only" to sort and you will see everything they've written

Read

Stalk

Be a ninja

On elfster you have the option to do a "secret Q&A" and ask a question that would make the answer public on your profile. Otherwise there is an anonymous PMing system.

I can't wait to see everyone's completed wishlists! Happy stalking!

I have already BLOWN through the $25 minimum, but my santee has a pretty specific wishlist, so it was easy.  :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I still have quite a few items to add over the next few weeks, and I'm planning to do serious research for those items so that I can use lots of coupons and deals! My girl wants to get into indies and I don't even know where to start haha... off to message a sugar plum fairy! 

I am going to spoil her... SO... much..  :santa:

GUYS I AM SOOOOO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!

And, welcome to Secret Santa season to all our first time participants!

How to stalk in-depth on MUT:

Go to their profile

Click "find content" on the right hand side of the page over the colored bar showing the number of likes

Click "by posts only" to sort and you will see everything they've written

Read

Stalk

Be a ninja

On elfster you have the option to do a "secret Q&A" and ask a question that would make the answer public on your profile. Otherwise there is an anonymous PMing system.

I can't wait to see everyone's completed wishlists! Happy stalking!
Yay thanks! People are mentioning logging out before looking at profiles...is there a way people can see we are stalking them?

@ there is a thing when you view your own profile you can see the last 5 people to view it. Someone mentioned, during Summer Swap, that you can turn that off, so whenever one of these comes up I am now turning that off in my "edit profile" section, so I don't accidently ruin the surprise LOL

@ there is a thing when you view your own profile you can see the last 5 people to view it. Someone mentioned, during Summer Swap, that you can turn that off, so whenever one of these comes up I am now turning that off in my "edit profile" section, so I don't accidently ruin the surprise LOL
I think we should just all start looking at the PF of the Santa folks so we don't give away the surprise!

Will a list be posted here of participants?  Or just on Elfster.  

thanks!

Latest posts

Back