Secret Santa 2014! - Main thread

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know, I bought a z palette, but returned it because all I could think is how messy it would look if I mix and matched stuff into it, but looking at the start of your palette has me rethinking that...would love to see a pic when you fill yours up!
You can check out how other people's palettes have come out on the Z-Palette site:

http://zpalette.com/gallery-35/inspirations.html?fc=module&module=customgallery&langiso=en

And here is the user-submitted photo gallery for the UniiPalette, which I think runs smaller than most of the Z Palettes (doesn't stop them from being adorable,though!):

http://uniicosmetics.com/gallery.html

ETA: There are some pics that make me want to reach through the monitor and straighten out their palettes into some sort of order. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My package was delivered this morning! Which is highly unusual because I never get mail this early. I'm on my way to work, but a reveal from my lovely Santa @@Shalott will be forthcoming this evening! Hopefully the work day will fly by :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Ahhh! I am so excited! I was getting worried since USPS said it would be there yesterday. My biggest fear was that it wouldn't arrive until after Christmas! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know, I bought a z palette, but returned it because all I could think is how messy it would look if I mix and matched stuff into it, but looking at the start of your palette has me rethinking that...would love to see a pic when you fill yours up!
I think it helps to have several of the same size eyeshadows together. I was just on another thread and they mentioned these!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MiniMintPalette?ref=l2-shopheader-name

il_570xN.702465691_3hx3.jpg

That one is now mine! Can't wait for it to get here. Now I can have my big Z-Palette and have a mini palette for my purse and I can choose what I want from the big one!

ETA: There are some pics that make me want to reach through the monitor and straighten out their palettes into some sort of order. 
And that right there is a big problem for me...I think I might be a little OCD actually.  Having a big problem with the unevenness of the layout!  LOL!  

Hmmmm...do you think it is possible to not find out you have serious OCD issues until you are in your mid 40's???  YIKES!   But then again...I haven't had all my pretties for long either, like what...6 months??  Yeah about that long, so that could be it too.  Hmmm....

And that right there is a big problem for me...I think I might be a little OCD actually.  Having a big problem with the unevenness of the layout!  LOL!  

Hmmmm...do you think it is possible to not find out you have serious OCD issues until you are in your mid 40's???  YIKES!   But then again...I haven't had all my pretties for long either, like what...6 months??  Yeah about that long, so that could be it too.  Hmmm....
Maybe its that pre-made palettes are so pretty and organized. I think with you having them for only 6 months it makes it hard to take the pretties apart and put them together in a less visually appealing manner. The Urban Decay Palette needed some less sparkly things so I would rarely use it since I have more convenient complete looks The Stila eyeshadows were just two in one palette and never get reached for. The quad was bad packaging. So I am hoping to use these thing more often with the Z-palette since I liked them but they were not convenient before.

I didn't have time to take pictures yet but OH MY GOSH you guys. 

So 1) I received two Sephora packages in the mail from @@ohsailor and they're both AMAZING and I am still in shock. Things I have been lusting over fooooorever

2) I got the nicest, most thoughtful package ever from @ yesterday!!! 

Pictures of both soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love you all so darn much. 

So 1) I received two Sephora packages in the mail from @@ohsailor and they're both AMAZING and I am still in shock. Things I have been lusting over fooooorever

Pictures of both soon :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love you all so darn much. 
And we love you, too!

Thanks for being such a good "room mother" for our SS this year!!  Shall we call you Mrs. Claus??

Maybe its that pre-made palettes are so pretty and organized. I think with you having them for only 6 months it makes it hard to take the pretties apart and put them together in a less visually appealing manner. The Urban Decay Palette needed some less sparkly things so I would rarely use it since I have more convenient complete looks The Stila eyeshadows were just two in one palette and never get reached for. The quad was bad packaging. So I am hoping to use these thing more often with the Z-palette since I liked them but they were not convenient before.
I don't think I have the heart to de-pot a couple of my larger palettes, like my Nude Tude (too cute!) or maybe Revealed (it would take up most of the zpalette) but I really want to get something to get rid of my smaller palettes (UD vegan, a couple of the little Benefit ones, a few starlooks, and maybe my Cargo quads if they're able to be depotted.) I never use them because i hate having to dig them out of my "smaller palettes" box!

Oh!  Good point!!  That could be it...I have to think about that.  And look, I'm a  total gazer, I loooooooooove looking at my makeup.  I am still drooling over the mystery present I bought myself from bare minerals! LOL!!  (yeah, I know how that sounds but I don't care  :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)  

I don't think I have the heart to de-pot a couple of my larger palettes, like my Nude Tude (too cute!) or maybe Revealed (it would take up most of the zpalette) but I really want to get something to get rid of my smaller palettes (UD vegan, a couple of the little Benefit ones, a few starlooks, and maybe my Cargo quads if they're able to be depotted.) I never use them because i hate having to dig them out of my "smaller palettes" box!
That's what I did with my Uni palette.  I don't think I'll be tearing apart my bigger palettes until they start to get used up.  But I put most of my singles, duos and trios into it, and it makes it so much easier to find the specific one's I want for the day.  I also put a few small sample blush and bronzers in there since I didn't like the packaging they came in.  I need to get a few more palettes to finish depotting, but I really like the size of the uni palettes, they fit perfectly in the makeup box I use.

Well, that was interesting (and totally off topic), but while making pumpkin pie, the hand mixer blew up in my hand.  I'm okay, but geez was that startling!  It threw a big spark and dimmed the lights in the house for a second.  There's even small poka dots on my wrist near where it happened.  It could have been much worse, but now I have to make the pie by hand :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, that was interesting (and totally off topic), but while making pumpkin pie, the hand mixer blew up in my hand.  I'm okay, but geez was that startling!  It threw a big spark and dimmed the lights in the house for a second.  There's even small poka dots on my wrist near where it happened.  It could have been much worse, but now I have to make the pie by hand :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yikes...glad you're ok! I hope Santa brings you a new mixer!

I am so glad you are ok!!!  YIKES!!!  I'd be afraid of anything that plugged in if that happened to me!!  I used to go to bible study with a man who got electrocuted pretty severely, in fact it's more a miracle he survived.  He had I don't know how many volts or watts or whatever go through him...all I can remember of what he said was it was like a 1 to 2 in diameter 'beam' of electricity (he does some technical engineering stuff for Chevron, beam is the closest word I could think of from my memory of his description of the incident) and it went through his forearm and upper arm (of the same arm).  I've never seen anything so gnarly in my life.   Just has baseball sized scars left from it - otherwise he is fine. But I guess it was one of those 'if' moments...if he had been in any other position when the beam went through, it would have killed him.  Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Again...so happy you are ok!

That is awesome, you deserve to be spoiled!

Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok.

Yikes...glad you're ok! I hope Santa brings you a new mixer!
I am so glad you are ok!!!  YIKES!!!  I'd be afraid of anything that plugged in if that happened to me!!  I used to go to bible study with a man who got electrocuted pretty severely, in fact it's more a miracle he survived.  He had I don't know how many volts or watts or whatever go through him...all I can remember of what he said was it was like a 1 to 2 in diameter 'beam' of electricity (he does some technical engineering stuff for Chevron, beam is the closest word I could think of from my memory of his description of the incident) and it went through his forearm and upper arm (of the same arm).  I've never seen anything so gnarly in my life.   Just has baseball sized scars left from it - otherwise he is fine. But I guess it was one of those 'if' moments...if he had been in any other position when the beam went through, it would have killed him.  Gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

Again...so happy you are ok!
Sorry to hear that, glad you are ok.
Thanks guys.  All of the spots are gone now, they looked like tiny scorch marks so they come off with some scrubbing.  At least most of the Christmas baking was done, all that was left was the pie and some dog treats.  Yesterday, my Mom also broke the timer too, so after Christmas we're going to have to find some deals on kitchen supplies.

Back