(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Wow Julep really sucks! I called them and they said they have no more mystery glitter polishes left so I am SOL. All they offered me was a voucher for 2 other polishes or a return label to return my box.  I said, "I thought I saw you guys just post on FB recently that you had 600 more boxes for sale?" She said, "no you definitely didn't see that, we are all sold out."  I told her I wanted to cancel my maven account because this was BS and she just said no problem. 

I looked up my order history and I have purchased $232 from them since I became a maven in January.  I guess they don't care about my money or me as a customer.
I am shocked by this.  That is the worst!  I just can't believe they think this is acceptable.  So, sorry to hear you were treated that way. 

Wow Julep really sucks! I called them and they said they have no more mystery glitter polishes left so I am SOL. All they offered me was a voucher for 2 other polishes or a return label to return my box.  I said, "I thought I saw you guys just post on FB recently that you had 600 more boxes for sale?" She said, "no you definitely didn't see that, we are all sold out."  I told her I wanted to cancel my maven account because this was BS and she just said no problem. 

I looked up my order history and I have purchased $232 from them since I became a maven in January.  I guess they don't care about my money or me as a customer.
You mean this post:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152406822290884&set=a.91704360883.105302.49239265883&type=1&theater

Wow Julep really sucks! I called them and they said they have no more mystery glitter polishes left so I am SOL. All they offered me was a voucher for 2 other polishes or a return label to return my box.  I said, "I thought I saw you guys just post on FB recently that you had 600 more boxes for sale?" She said, "no you definitely didn't see that, we are all sold out."  I told her I wanted to cancel my maven account because this was BS and she just said no problem.  I looked up my order history and I have purchased $232 from them since I became a maven in January.  I guess they don't care about my money or me as a customer.
It shouldnt matter if you spent $20 or $200. A company should value all its customers. Since it was their error in failing to include the star features of the box, and if they really are out of the glitters now, the whole thing should have been comped. You didn't get what you paid for through their mistake. I have a super hard time believing they are really all sold out of the glitters. I wont be surprised if they show up in the Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales

Yeah, that's crap!  I would def be calling back ( to get a better CS agent, or else ask to speak to a manager) and tell the exact date of the FB post and what they said in it,  because that's complete BS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You mean this post:  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152406822290884&set=a.91704360883.105302.49239265883&type=1&theater

So 10pm on Tuesday they had "a few hundred extra boxes" and then at 10am on Friday they have not 1 single extra of each? I think the girl I talked to did not believe me.  I have only made 1 other complaint ever to them about a super thick glitter (over 6 months ago), that I subsequently sent them a picture of and they replaced so it's not like I am trying to squeeze them for freebies.  She did not understand that 2 substitute polishes from the website was not the same as 2 limited edition glitters that you can't buy.

Oh well, at least its easy to swap for Juleps and people are always selling them cheaply.  I have seen the glitters up for swap so I will just try to get them from somewhere else.  I still have to return my box once they send me the label before they will refund me.

So 10pm on Tuesday they had "a few hundred extra boxes" and then at 10am on Friday they have not 1 single extra of each? I think the girl I talked to did not believe me.  I have only made 1 other complaint ever to them about a super thick glitter (over 6 months ago), that I subsequently sent them a picture of and they replaced so it's not like I am trying to squeeze them for freebies.  She did not understand that 2 substitute polishes from the website was not the same as 2 limited edition glitters that you can't buy. Oh well, at least its easy to swap for Juleps and people are always selling them cheaply.  I have seen the glitters up for swap so I will just try to get them from somewhere else.  I still have to return my box once they send me the label before they will refund me.
I hate glitters, so I would be happy to trade you!

And even if they are sold out, I would expect them to keep some bottles in store in case something gets damaged during shipping or if a packing mistake happens as in your case. Strange!

[@]Lolo22[/@] that is total crap!!! I'm so sorry!! I was looking at their FB page today and noticed Julep only seems to respond nice and sweet to positive posts but not so much with criticisms....I noticed someone complained about her being charged although her account was supposed to be closed 6 months ago (I don't know why she is just now complaining but anyhow) Julep left some flippant response to her then below that response was one from the founder of the company who was very, very nice and said she was so sorry and get on it immediately, I thought that was so cool and that she need to start making sure her employees are just as gracious to customers!!! Anyway my point is that you should contact her! I think her team needs some serious training on how to be nice.

That sucks Lolo! 

I do think that second round of boxes sold out pretty quickly but that's weird that the CS rep denied there's was ever more to be sold AND that they are totally out of the diamond glitters too. 

I feel like Julep's CS is either hit or miss for people, I've only had awesome and fast service/responses but I see so many stories of people who don't. Hopefully they are taking on more CS and will train them better in the future, it can really make or break a company.

Hopefully you find the polishes you want in trades :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@Lola22 I am sorry to hear about your polishes. I think it's absurd that they wouldn't/ couldn't replace the exact items. I got my polishes and the glitters do look pretty in the bottles. I haven't tried them out yet. I am sure you will be able to trade but that wasn't the point since you had ordered the box in the first place, smh.

Wow, that totally sucks. I'm sorry you didn't get the glitter polishes and you had a crappy CS experience. I hope you didn't really cancel your account because of that. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hope your weekend is a good one at least!

ok I my diamond box finally came today I ended up with version 1. I really wanted version 2. I would totally do a trade with anyone who is not happy with the version 2 colors

Wow Julep really sucks! I called them and they said they have no more mystery glitter polishes left so I am SOL. All they offered me was a voucher for 2 other polishes or a return label to return my box.  I said, "I thought I saw you guys just post on FB recently that you had 600 more boxes for sale?" She said, "no you definitely didn't see that, we are all sold out."  I told her I wanted to cancel my maven account because this was BS and she just said no problem.  I looked up my order history and I have purchased $232 from them since I became a maven in January.  I guess they don't care about my money or me as a customer.
Sorry you had to deal with that, I can't believe the way you were treated.

I have seen the glitters up for swap so I will just try to get them from somewhere else.  I still have to return my box once they send me the label before they will refund me.

I feel bad...I literally JUST arranged a trade for the glitters :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Otherwise, I would have worked something out with you.  I can't use them because the glitter is so huge.  They're really pretty, but I own a bakery and I'm more afraid that someone will return something to me that has a giant piece of glitter that I accidentally kneaded into it.  I am sure you'll find them on someone's trade board because they are definitely not for everybody.

Wow, that's awful! I'm so sorry! So weird how those particular two just HAPPENED to be left out of the box and are now sold out. If they suddenly show up in another box or sale later I'd definitely call up their CS and let 'em have it!

I find it funny (ok, lame!) that they sent us the mystery boxes via DHL but my return label is for priority 1 day! Okay then! Cookie, I will keep my eyes peeled for any shenanigans but I don't think they have ever sold a mystery glitter before? I remember how hard it was for me to find Camille. Oh well. Yes I did really cancel (at least for now) because that was the only thing I could think of to do so they would know how uncool that was. I even received my cancellation email while I was still on the phone with the girl. Btw I was not rude and didnt yell or swear or anything either, I was mostly in shock and caught off guard. She even said to me "you didn't use any of the products, did you?" which I thought was the weirdest thing to say.

I find it funny (ok, lame!) that they sent us the mystery boxes via DHL but my return label is for priority 1 day! Okay then!

Cookie, I will keep my eyes peeled for any shenanigans but I don't think they have ever sold a mystery glitter before? I remember how hard it was for me to find Camille.

Oh well. Yes I did really cancel (at least for now) because that was the only thing I could think of to do so they would know how uncool that was. I even received my cancellation email while I was still on the phone with the girl. Btw I was not rude and didnt yell or swear or anything either, I was mostly in shock and caught off guard. She even said to me "you didn't use any of the products, did you?" which I thought was the weirdest thing to say.

I can't believe how unbelievably rude they were with you.  There's ONE rule of good customer service...treat every customer like they are your ONLY customer.  Treating you that way (regardless of whether you've spent $200 with them or $2) is completely unacceptable.

After receiving my mystery box and being so disappointed in not only the contents, but also that horrific shipping they insist on using, I kind of decided to be done with them.  I can spend $55 on Zoya every 3 months and get some really great polishes with free shipping and be just as happy, if not happier.  This just sealed that for me.

I find it funny (ok, lame!) that they sent us the mystery boxes via DHL but my return label is for priority 1 day! Okay then!

Cookie, I will keep my eyes peeled for any shenanigans but I don't think they have ever sold a mystery glitter before? I remember how hard it was for me to find Camille.

Oh well. Yes I did really cancel (at least for now) because that was the only thing I could think of to do so they would know how uncool that was. I even received my cancellation email while I was still on the phone with the girl. Btw I was not rude and didnt yell or swear or anything either, I was mostly in shock and caught off guard. She even said to me "you didn't use any of the products, did you?" which I thought was the weirdest thing to say.
I thought they typically did put the mystery polishes in the store. Estelle is, and so are the two jelly like glitters from the summer box (destination or big picnic? can't remember which one). I'm also pretty sure the mystery glitter from last New Years was in the store too, it came un named but is now Erica I believe. 

Oh your right [@]cari12[/@]! I never noticed that. Perhaps we will see some mystery glitters pop up after all haha

Oh your right @cari12! I never noticed that. Perhaps we will see some mystery glitters pop up after all haha

They pop up in the secret store a lot. Actually I think I've bought all the mystery box exclusives on sale eventually since I usually skip the box itself and when they do appear they're on sale shortly thereafter. What a rude cs rep! She most certainly shouldn't have questioned if you were returning used products. I don't think she was very knowledgeable and you probably were unlucky with the rep you happened to get. You probably could have used those two vouchers on the glitter polishes eventually but what a hassle it would be to monitor the site waiting for them to pop up.

Back