(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
See, my thinking is that for $26 on amazon I can buy a wall rack that holds 100 polishes, probably more if many of them are juleps. Edited to add: I realize that wall racks are not a suitable option for everyone. This just applies to me and the way my mind works.
I ended up buying a wall rack.  Mostly because I feel like I get a better sense of what colors I own if they are in front of my face - lol.  I can fit two Juleps in each slot, one in front of the other as well as many more across the shelf.
I made a wall rack this summer for about $5 and it's hanging in my closet. It has helped me avoid purchasing a lot of dupes/too simular colors.

Still waiting on my mystery box...It hasn't moved in 6 days now. 
icon_frown.gif

Just got my first ever Maven box. One of the colors was incorrect, so I called to clear that up. Now I try the Luxe Repair and it is pumping out funny, I look inside and no tube is connected on the pump. Is it supposed to be this way? I would think there would have to be a tube. I feel weird trying to call back, and if I dump the product out to try and find a tube I will waste so much product, grrr.

Quote: Originally Posted by JayneDoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Still waiting on my mystery box...It hasn't moved in 6 days now. 
icon_frown.gif

I feel for you!  Today is the 8th business day since I received my tracking number and it finally moved this morning.  DHL is quite painful.  I really hope the wait was worth it and we both get versions we like!

I finally got my box today! I got version 3. I'm not the biggest fan of 3 of the colors I got, but at least I didn't get any dupes. 

In the main section it will hold 48' then there is a side section that looks like it holds 9-10 more.
I would need more space. It's cute tho.
See, my thinking is that for $26 on amazon I can buy a wall rack that holds 100 polishes, probably more if many of them are juleps. Edited to add: I realize that wall racks are not a suitable option for everyone. This just applies to me and the way my mind works.
If I wasn't planning on moving soon I would total go this route. My storage is close to max and the draws are getting heavy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Davis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Just got my first ever Maven box. One of the colors was incorrect, so I called to clear that up. Now I try the Luxe Repair and it is pumping out funny, I look inside and no tube is connected on the pump. Is it supposed to be this way? I would think there would have to be a tube. I feel weird trying to call back, and if I dump the product out to try and find a tube I will waste so much product, grrr.
I've had bottles like that before. It uses some sort of suction something or other to pull the product up and out of the spout. Usually the product will have an inner thingy on the bottom of the product that raises as the product is dispensed.

I'm lousy at describing things...I'm sure I make no sense! Anyway, I was trying to say that a tube is not necessarily needed depending on the packaging.

i got my mystery box today...version 1 with add on, what a great box only 1 dupe (coco) ...i didn't get the pink cloth though that some people did in my box ;( i guess i can't complain

OMG my mystery box finally arrives and it's missing BOTH the diamond glitters!!!!! And of course I got the version with 2 dupes for me. So pissed off!! If they try to send the replacements DHL I will seriously freak out! And it's basically Friday so I probably won't even get a response until next week :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( major pouting situation over here!

OMG my mystery box finally arrives and it's missing BOTH the diamond glitters!!!!! And of course I got the version with 2 dupes for me. So pissed off!! If they try to send the replacements DHL I will seriously freak out! And it's basically Friday so I probably won't even get a response until next week :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :( major pouting situation over here!
I'm sorry. That just sucks!

Quote: Originally Posted by puppymomofthree /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I want my mystery box by my birthday on Friday--it must be hanging out with lots of friends--it has not updated since the 12th! I want my polish--not just for me, but every year on my birthday I give my student workers and staff members gifts. Tis better to give than to recieve--and I was going to add more polish to their make your own subscription box station (perfume, gloss, sample of some sort, and German Chocolate Advent Calendar).
birthday.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Onto my box! I got the motherload today!

Mystery Box, version 2 with the Mystery Add on. I also added Autumn onto the order to reach the $35 minimum for the glam kit since I ordered before that promo ended.

$46 and some change for everything. Not too shabby!
That's some awesome nail mail!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jstull1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Here are the pctures of the julep caddy I ordered. inside it wasn't so much a insert, it was actually the cloth covered cardboard pieces you have to connect and insert yourself.

Thanks for posting pics  I definitely want to get this.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Davis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  still waiting and I was hoping to get to wear my new polish for my birthday this Friday. booooo
icon_cry.gif

Sorry to hear that, hope your order gets to you soon.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jstull1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the total number of bottles that fit?
In the main section it will hold 48' then there is a side section that looks like it holds 9-10 more.

I would need a lot more room for my polishes.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG my mystery box finally arrives and it's missing BOTH the diamond glitters!!!!! And of course I got the version with 2 dupes for me. So pissed off!! If they try to send the replacements DHL I will seriously freak out! And it's basically Friday so I probably won't even get a response until next week
frown.gif
frown.gif
major pouting situation over here!
Sorry to hear that, hope they get back to you soon.

OMG my mystery box finally arrives and it's missing BOTH the diamond glitters!!!!! And of course I got the version with 2 dupes for me. So pissed off!! If they try to send the replacements DHL I will seriously freak out! And it's basically Friday so I probably won't even get a response until next week
frown.gif
frown.gif
What a disappointment after all the waiting!  Julep needs to make this up to you.  At the very least ask for Jules & NO DHL shipping!  

Good luck getting your new glitters.  
smile.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
Wow. Thats rough.

The only polish I wanted from the Gem Collection - Angela. Arrived broken. Just my luck!

What a disappointment after all the waiting!  Julep needs to make this up to you.  At the very least ask for Jules & NO DHL shipping!   Good luck getting your new glitters.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
Wow. Thats rough. The only polish I wanted from the Gem Collection - Angela. Arrived broken. Just my luck!
Thanks ladies. I was so sad/mad last night to open my glitter-less box after working a 14 hr day. I'm going to try calling them today because their email auto reply says its a 3-4 day response time and with the maven window and all. I'm sure they will fix it. I think the added shipping time makes it worse when something isn't right :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wow Julep really sucks! I called them and they said they have no more mystery glitter polishes left so I am SOL. All they offered me was a voucher for 2 other polishes or a return label to return my box.  I said, "I thought I saw you guys just post on FB recently that you had 600 more boxes for sale?" She said, "no you definitely didn't see that, we are all sold out."  I told her I wanted to cancel my maven account because this was BS and she just said no problem. 

I looked up my order history and I have purchased $232 from them since I became a maven in January.  I guess they don't care about my money or me as a customer.

Back