(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It does seem like the mystery box is taking forever.

But, mine is finally out for delivery today.  Yay!

My monthly boxes take way longer than the mystery. I guess because I am in WA and they started shipping from NJ. I got my mystery box in 2 days.

So my tracking finally updated. It took from the 12th until today to get from Washington to Maryland. I don't live in Maryland. Now let's see how much longer it takes.

So my tracking finally updated. It took from the 12th until today to get from Washington to Maryland. I don't live in Maryland. Now let's see how much longer it takes.
Still no update here :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Auburn, WA I hate thee......

Ordered Thursday and received today - not too bad time-wise (of course it just had to make its way down the coast to CA).  But my box was BEAT UP.  Broken seal, hole in the top, whole 9 yards.  I don't think anything was missing unless there was supposed to be a pair of earrings in there
wink.gif

Version 3.  A tad disappointed, I was hoping for version 2.  I have no use for Kristy or Gemma, but really like all the others.

Here are the pctures of the julep caddy I ordered. inside it wasn't so much a insert, it was actually the cloth covered cardboard pieces you have to connect and insert yourself. 

Quote: Originally Posted by acostakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ordered Thursday and received today - not too bad time-wise (of course it just had to make its way down the coast to CA).  But my box was BEAT UP.  Broken seal, hole in the top, whole 9 yards.  I don't think anything was missing unless there was supposed to be a pair of earrings in there
wink.gif

Version 3.  A tad disappointed, I was hoping for version 2.  I have no use for Kristy or Gemma, but really like all the others.

Mine was open too! I found that very odd that the seal was broken but I was relieved there wasn't anything missing inside. Also  I do not enjoy the scent of that body frosting but I do like the texture.

Quote: Originally Posted by Alicia Loves /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine was open too! I found that very odd that the seal was broken but I was relieved there wasn't anything missing inside. Also  I do not enjoy the scent of that body frosting but I do like the texture.

That's really weird that so many are damaged! I hope it's not a continuing trend. Glad all your stuff was in there though. I can't imagine how much it would suck to wait so long to receive it and then have things be missing!

Speaking of, my box is taking forever. It's still in Auburn according to the tracking! I think I might be done with Julep after this. It's seriously ridiculous. I have made many orders to other companies AFTER I ordered the mystery box and I have gotten all of them already! Grrrr. It really takes the fun out of ordering when you get it 2 weeks after ordering it.

Going to have to trade my top coats from the mystery box.  I hate them so much :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I think I'm too grown up for them or something.  Sad.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Going to have to trade my top coats from the mystery box.  I hate them so much :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I think I'm too grown up for them or something.  Sad.

awwww sorry to hear that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  well if you ever want to swap 'em, let me know, I'd love to trade for them!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

awwww sorry to hear that :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  well if you ever want to swap 'em, let me know, I'd love to trade for them!

I loved my first Juelp box, but honestly, this was the Julep Mystery Box O' Regret for me.  I thought, if I liked five of the colors, the box would be worth the $25 I spent on it.  I liked two.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I opened the pink top coat and saw the giant glitters and thought, "nope, too old for this" and put it away and back into the box.  It doesn't help that I own a bakery and the last thing I need is for a piece of this glitter to wind up in a ball of dough I'm kneading.  Then I got what I think looks black, but according to the Julep site, is dark blue.  I also got a really funky ugly orangish color.  Then I got Candace, which is a duplicate for me, which is kind of weird since last month was my very first month with them (what are the odds that I would get a duplicate after only one box??)  The foot stick...can't see me using it, but maybe.  The body frosting and scrubby really isn't me, but I knew that going in.  I really was just hoping that five of the shades would have worked for me.  That's all.  I guess it was too much to ask though.  Grrrrr, Julep!

Now my Pinterest trade board looks like Julep Central.

EDIT:  Yeah, totally willing to trade for something that works better for me, if you have any suggestions.  Even just on the top coats.  I had some interest in it via one of my Facebook groups, but nothing has been offered that's been particularly pretty for me.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by Lily V /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved my first Juelp box, but honestly, this was the Julep Mystery Box O' Regret for me.  I thought, if I liked five of the colors, the box would be worth the $25 I spent on it.  I liked two.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I opened the pink top coat and saw the giant glitters and thought, "nope, too old for this" and put it away and back into the box.  It doesn't help that I own a bakery and the last thing I need is for a piece of this glitter to wind up in a ball of dough I'm kneading.  Then I got what I think looks black, but according to the Julep site, is dark blue.  I also got a really funky ugly orangish color.  Then I got Candace, which is a duplicate for me, which is kind of weird since last month was my very first month with them (what are the odds that I would get a duplicate after only one box??)  The foot stick...can't see me using it, but maybe.  The body frosting and scrubby really isn't me, but I knew that going in.  I really was just hoping that five of the shades would have worked for me.  That's all.  I guess it was too much to ask though.  Grrrrr, Julep!

Now my Pinterest trade board looks like Julep Central.

EDIT:  Yeah, totally willing to trade for something that works better for me, if you have any suggestions.  Even just on the top coats.  I had some interest in it via one of my Facebook groups, but nothing has been offered that's been particularly pretty for me.   :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

What's the name of that color?

Thanks so much for posting pics of this! They did finally post more pics on the website too that show the inner compartment. Its not really what I was imagining, and I'm still not sure if I want it. Definitely not for $30 but if I can get it cheap later on I may go for it. So how do you see all of your polishes when they're stored, do you only see the top of the bottle? That would mean I would have to get a bunch of swatch me stickers too.

Here are the pctures of the julep caddy I ordered. inside it wasn't so much a insert, it was actually the cloth covered cardboard pieces you have to connect and insert yourself. 

Quote: Originally Posted by mrst909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks so much for posting pics of this! They did finally post more pics on the website too that show the inner compartment. Its not really what I was imagining, and I'm still not sure if I want it. Definitely not for $30 but if I can get it cheap later on I may go for it. So how do you see all of your polishes when they're stored, do you only see the top of the bottle? That would mean I would have to get a bunch of swatch me stickers too.
Right now I have use swatch sticks to find the color I feel like wearing and then I just go in my closet and get it.  I plan on purchasing some wall racks for Christmas so I can store my polish on those.  

Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What's the name of that color?
Claudette, according to the bottle.  The package was missing its label.

Latest posts

Back