(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by luckyme502 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Right now I have use swatch sticks to find the color I feel like wearing and then I just go in my closet and get it.  I plan on purchasing some wall racks for Christmas so I can store my polish on those.  
I use swatch sticks too, my polishes are in pretty boxes I bought at HomeSense. I wanted wall racks but no where to anchor them in my condo that would make sense. Not a fan of the colour caddy.

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quote: Originally Posted by cari12 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  What's the name of that color?
Claudette, according to the bottle.  The package was missing its label.

Interesting. I don't have it but it looks far from orange in swatches! Bummer :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by madricka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I use swatch sticks too, my polishes are in pretty boxes I bought at HomeSense. I wanted wall racks but no where to anchor them in my condo that would make sense. Not a fan of the colour caddy.
I'm not a fan of the color caddy either.  I used to have a "caddy" that looked just like it that I purchased at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  It was a lot less money.  For Christmas we are going to IKEA and getting some Alexes and some Helmers and a desk top and we are making my vanity in our guest bed room.  We are also buying a couple wall racks for my polish.  Since we only have overnight guests sporadically and most of the time it's my little niece, I decided the spare bedroom was the best place for it!  I'm very excited about having my own makeup/nail space!  

I received my Mystery box and add-ons this morning!  I love it!  I received Version 2 with the Night Life, Neon Nail Dips, Estelle and the Holiday Glam Kit.  Having just received it is making me think maybe I shouldn't do the full polish upgrade for December, but I probably will anyway.  

Interesting. I don't have it but it looks far from orange in swatches! Bummer :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Weird...this is what it looks like boxed:

Quote: Originally Posted by biskies /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Weird...this is what it looks like boxed:

I don't see orange at all when I look at that but it could be my monitor. 

I ordered my mystery box on the 11th and it's FINALLY out for delivery today! EEEK! I'm realllly hoping for version 1, we shall see!

I'm not a fan of the color caddy either.  I used to have a "caddy" that looked just like it that I purchased at TJ Maxx or Marshalls.  It was a lot less money.  For Christmas we are going to IKEA and getting some Alexes and some Helmers and a desk top and we are making my vanity in our guest bed room.  We are also buying a couple wall racks for my polish.  Since we only have overnight guests sporadically and most of the time it's my little niece, I decided the spare bedroom was the best place for it!  I'm very excited about having my own makeup/nail space!  
That's a great idea! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm in grad school right now so our extra bedroom is my study/office space with a small corner devoted to my polishes (makeup is in the bedroom!). You should post pics when it's all finished!

I don't see orange at all when I look at that but it could be my monitor. 
I have this colour and to me it looks like a creamy brick red (seriously, like red bricks). At first I thought it was super orange too but when I swatched it, it looks more red. Kind of a different shade but not ugly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by madricka /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I have this colour and to me it looks like a creamy brick red (seriously, like red bricks). At first I thought it was super orange too but when I swatched it, it looks more red. Kind of a different shade but not ugly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'll give it a whirl then.   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My mystery box FINALLY arrived, and it's missing the mystery add-on. :/ Did this happen to anyone else? I also got version 3, which is my least favorite. Anyone with version 1 up for a trade?

Quote: Originally Posted by smurfy29 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  My mystery box FINALLY arrived, and it's missing the mystery add-on. :/ Did this happen to anyone else? I also got version 3, which is my least favorite. Anyone with version 1 up for a trade?

Yeah, I got version 3 too.  I'm thinking that was nearly everyone's least favorite.  Marion is a really nice shade though!  *upside*

You can only see the tops of the bottles. Each compartment fits four Julep bottles, so I am going to have to buy some swatch me stickers as well. I was hoping it would give me a nice spot to store all my Julep polishes, because since I became a maven in July, my collection has really grown.

You can only see the tops of the bottles. Each compartment fits four Julep bottles, so I am going to have to buy some swatch me stickers as well. I was hoping it would give me a nice spot to store all my Julep polishes, because since I became a maven in July, my collection has really grown.
What's the total number of bottles that fit?

Quote: Originally Posted by LinaMingo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the total number of bottles that fit?
In the main section it will hold 48' then there is a side section that looks like it holds 9-10 more.

See, my thinking is that for $26 on amazon I can buy a wall rack that holds 100 polishes, probably more if many of them are juleps. Edited to add: I realize that wall racks are not a suitable option for everyone. This just applies to me and the way my mind works.

Yay, got my mystery box yesterday! I got version 2, which gave me the least dupes! Turns out I have Evie, not Eva, so the only dupe I got was Karen. I'll give that to a coworker since my sister already got another dupe of Karen. Geo and Antonia are so gorgeous! I adore holos. I keep staring at them. I'm also so happy I got Karmen and Candace at last. The mystery add on was kind of a let down, since both Adele and Lois are dupes for me, but my sister was very happy to get them. I love the mask trio so it's not a total loss. I also got Fireworks at last, and the Labor Day trio I had my eye on for awhile. Too bad I have to give Amber away; giving my coworkers polishes with their names for Christmas.

See, my thinking is that for $26 on amazon I can buy a wall rack that holds 100 polishes, probably more if many of them are juleps.

Edited to add: I realize that wall racks are not a suitable option for everyone. This just applies to me and the way my mind works.
I ended up buying a wall rack.  Mostly because I feel like I get a better sense of what colors I own if they are in front of my face - lol.  I can fit two Juleps in each slot, one in front of the other as well as many more across the shelf.

I ended up buying a wall rack.  Mostly because I feel like I get a better sense of what colors I own if they are in front of my face - lol.  I can fit two Juleps in each slot, one in front of the other as well as many more across the shelf.
I feel the same way, even with the lil swatches on the top it's just not enough!! Haha. It would be cool if there was an acrylic case so you can get a sense of the colors but they don't have to be hanging on a wall, I checked the muji site and maybe I can make one of their cases work even though the polishes wouldn't be upright....hmmm

Back