(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART!

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Did anyone get the Maven question of the week about blush? I skipped the one about mascara because I don't really give much thought to it beyond "hey, I have, like, seven unopened tubes," but I'm intrigued by what they might do with blush.
I got the one about mascara, but not one about blush.  

All I know is I'd much rather see blush in a box than mascara.

Hey, does anyone know if julep glosses have any sort of flavor/scent?? I can't use nars glosses because the nothing taste just tastes gross to me. Thanks!!

Hey, does anyone know if julep glosses have any sort of flavor/scent?? I can't use nars glosses because the nothing taste just tastes gross to me. Thanks!!
I got one in a mystery box before and it smelled like vanilla frosting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree with you, I like the scented (and flavored!) ones better!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got one in a mystery box before and it smelled like vanilla frosting
smile.gif
I agree with you, I like the scented (and flavored!) ones better!
I will definitely be ordering the lip gloss now.  Vanilla frosting sounds awesome! 
lovelovee.gif

I got one in a mystery box before and it smelled like vanilla frosting :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I agree with you, I like the scented (and flavored!) ones better!
Oooooh sounds perfect!!!! Now I'm in!! I'm hoping it's the same formula since they changed the packaging and stuff?? At first I wasn't that into them doing the makeup thing but as my collection of nail Polish is begging to get out of hand I'm enjoying the diff options ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

How is the pigment of Julep glosses?  I love lipglasses from MAC.  I was looking at Julep berry color and was wondering if it would be a true color.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooooh sounds perfect!!!! Now I'm in!! I'm hoping it's the same formula since they changed the packaging and stuff??

At first I wasn't that into them doing the makeup thing but as my collection of nail Polish is begging to get out of hand I'm enjoying the diff options
wink.gif

Yea, I am wanting more options. I am trying not to get burned out with nail polish.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Help us celebrate this weekend with a new forum under Nail Talk: Nail Art & Stamping:

https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/138524/nail-art-stamping

Thank you so much, MuT and Zadidoll for setting up this forum for us to share our artistic manicures, product reviews, how-to ideas, etc. No matter what brand you love the most, this forum is for ALL nail polish brands. The focus is strictly on the art - whether it is a new version of a French manicure, learning to stamp, or just showing off your creativity with geometry, beginning to use rhinestones and striping tape, you name it - if it is beyond a simple and elegant single polish manicure, please share it with us here also, even though you may have also shared it with a subscription group or What Polish Are You Wearing? I hope this forum reflects all the beauty that is NAIL ART
I will be checking this out.

Quote: Originally Posted by stephstrong /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I remember reading somewhere in the comment section on the julep lip gloss blog page that these have just the slightest touch of vanilla.

I'd actually love some Julep minis! I can barely make it a 1/4 through a bottle in a year as is! Even my most used full sized Juleps barely look used.

Saw this gem on a fb group. I keep laughing but that blue is fab.
Haha cute! Those are adorable. Juleps are already so small to begin with though, I'm halfway thru a few that I've had less than a year. But minis would make a great gift.

I have reached the point where I prefer minis. I'd rather have more colors, since I don't usually finish polishes before they are passed on to my nieces.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lolo22 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Haha cute! Those are adorable. Juleps are already so small to begin with though, I'm halfway thru a few that I've had less than a year. But minis would make a great gift.
Right? I feel like they're ALREADY minis! Some of their formulas are so thick I've gone through a third of a bottle in a single mani before!

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have reached the point where I prefer minis. I'd rather have more colors, since I don't usually finish polishes before they are passed on to my nieces.
Me too. I actually stopped buying huge sizes of everything because I think they're a terrible deal. I end up having to throw away product because even with daily use, I cannot use things up before they go bad.

I realized after buying a bunch of those Sephora Favorites sets and seeing how long the "mini" products last even with daily use, I would rather buy that size of things.

The only things I want full size are mascara and eyeliners.

I actually wish they had an option to get minis instead of "full size" nail polishes.

If I love something, I'll keep rebuying it. I'd rather be able to use something up completely before it goes bad than have a ginormous "Good Value" container of whatever sitting around for years.

I have yet finished a single julep polish. Each time before I finish the bottle, it become so thick and unusable.

Quote: Originally Posted by yunii /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet finished a single julep polish. Each time before I finish the bottle, it become so thick and unusable.
I haven't ever used up any nail polish, no matter what brand. They always get all weird and gloppy. So frustrating!

Latest posts

Back