(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually kind of excited about the lipgloss. I wear lipgloss every day to prevent chapping and give my thin, pale lips some color. I like Charming and Glowing best.

Quote: Originally Posted by JayneDoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  The colors are up on the site, they are selling them as a set. 

http://www.julep.com/shop/collections/november-right-at-home/julep-lip-gloss.html
Or, they could be separate with a drop down box to let you select which color you want once they go live.  I'm guessing they are $22/ea, as that seems more in line with Julep pricing.

If not, $22 for the set is not bad!

Quote: Originally Posted by Lulubelle107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Or, they could be separate with a drop down box to let you select which color you want once they go live.  I'm guessing they are $22/ea, as that seems more in line with Julep pricing.

If not, $22 for the set is not bad!
Or they can assign one of the colours to each of the five boxes >:

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On their facebook page it says that each color will be matched to a profile. In that case I hope I get the Burgundy one! :)

Quote: Originally Posted by smiletorismile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  On their facebook page it says that each color will be matched to a profile. In that case I hope I get the Burgundy one! :)
Oh, hm, but then I realized It Girl doesn't have a product...

so where is the last colour going?

I was thinking about that too! Curious to see how all the boxes look on the 20th now. 

Oh that sucks!  I was hoping the primer would be in all of the boxes
frown.gif
In that case I will probably get the MB box and add on Cynthia.  If the MB comes with the set that would be a great deal, but that doesn't seem right if the other boxes only have 1 gloss in them?  How would they decide which color to put in MB?

Or maybe one color each for Classic w/a Twist, Boho Glam, Bombshell & Modern Beauty and the 5th color is the one in the Upgrade. The email glitch the poster got said something about it being "Right at Home - Charming". Maybe each box is "Right at Home - ::insert lipgloss color here::" depending on which shade is featured? Then It Girl is just the 3 polishes as always?

Maybe the last color will be an add-on only? 

I do love that julep always shows swatches and on different skin tones to boot! I was more interested in the lip primer so I'll either do modern beauty and add on or upgrade depending on the swatches released. I'm leaning towards Aisha (I'm a sucker for plum shades), Cynthia, and Brielle. I'm pretty interested in the cocoa frost also just because I don't have one and I think it would be pretty with bronze or copper glitter or maybe combined with a burnt orange in some way. I'm super curious about Lola and if she has a special finish as well. Julep always makes the selection window so exciting. I can't wait to see swatches!

I'm glad to see that they got rid of the weird brushes they had in the lipglosses the first go around when they first made them.

I thought the product was good, but the package was awful. The lids all leaked on mine, no matter how tightly I shut them, and I ended up having to throw them away because they were a leaky mess after awhile. Plus the applicator brush was really odd and hard to use.

I prefer the doefoot that they made this time. Hopefully they don't leak either!

Quote: Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Any ladies in Canada get charged extra shipping by Canadian Duty? I got charged $22.60 - just wondering if this was just for me - or if other ladies got charged as well.

I haven't yet for Julep. But occasionally on other items. (ELF for example.)

I think customs randomly stops bigger parcels to charge duty if it's valid.

Was the $22.60 all duty? Or is that total inclusive of duty + GST + BLOOD MONEY (i.e. "handling" charge)??

I really like the polish colors- if the spoiler is correct.

But I do not want the lipgloss. I have so many lip products.

Did anyone get the Maven question of the week about blush? I skipped the one about mascara because I don't really give much thought to it beyond "hey, I have, like, seven unopened tubes," but I'm intrigued by what they might do with blush.

Quote: Originally Posted by autopilot /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't yet for Julep. But occasionally on other items. (ELF for example.)

I think customs randomly stops bigger parcels to charge duty if it's valid.

Was the $22.60 all duty? Or is that total inclusive of duty + GST + BLOOD MONEY (i.e. "handling" charge)??
Soor. $22.30 - I was guestimating earlier. GST was $12.35 and Handling was $$9.95. It got delivered by Canada Post.

I usually upgrade when I get the monthly boxes so this was very unusual for me to get charged.

I have the option to Appeal. I just don't know how to go about doing it.

Quote: Originally Posted by foxyroxy-26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Soor. $22.30 - I was guestimating earlier. GST was $12.35 and Handling was $$9.95. It got delivered by Canada Post.

I usually upgrade when I get the monthly boxes so this was very unusual for me to get charged.

I have the option to Appeal. I just don't know how to go about doing it.
You may not be able to. Are nail polish and cosmetics supposed to be exempt from duty? If yes then go for it, but bear in mind you will not get GST or handling refunded.

I have been successful in claiming for yarn that I buy from Germany (wool yarn is exempt but sometimes the packages get miscategorized). Sometimes I get dinged for GST and handling but not duty.

It's fairly random. They stop some, but not all.

:rolleyes:
Someone in the swap group got a glitch email that shows all the November colors!
https://www.makeuptalk.com/content/type/61/id/215092/width/350/height/700[/img] The one on the far right is Autumn-burnt red orange glitter top coat/
I'll be waiting to see online, but for now, nothing terribly exciting. How many times are they going to send out that navy color? I think I have 3 now from them??

Quote: Originally Posted by rachelshine /img/forum/go_quote.gif

rolleyes.gif

I'll be waiting to see online, but for now, nothing terribly exciting. How many times are they going to send out that navy color? I think I have 3 now from them??
It's satin texture so I'm thinking it might be semi-matte? :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Nothing you can't do with your own matte coat.

Latest posts

Back