(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I opened one gift tonight...
My first Essie polish in my collection! In The Cabana, from the 2013 Resort Collection. Wow! LOVE it. The funniest thing is that I actually have had the mini set sitting in my Amazon cart for a few weeks. I had been looking at Essie colors, because I live pastel shades. This is such a pretty color. I agree with your card... We have very similar tastes! Wow. Excited for the rest, but I think I am going to save for now. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thank you to my SS Nails Wendy (secretlyhoarding) for the lovely package today! I was going to send you a message, but I can't seem to find your username on here. I'm tired tonight, so I'm not sure if I am just having a ditzy moment. The package and wrapping job was so pretty. And, I loved the very thoughtful card.

Beautiful!   I suck at wrapping so my gift looks nothing like that lol.

There is no way I'd be able to wait to open one a day.  I'm a total instant gratification slut. 
laughing.gif

I should be getting ready for work, but I had to open another this morning... In The Mood - Ditsy - Hot Pink to Light Pink Thermal ... WOW! SOOO excited. I had never heard of that brand. And, I really wanted Thermals!!! Thank you! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

wub.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I should be getting ready for work, but I had to open another this morning...

In The Mood - Ditsy - Hot Pink to Light Pink Thermal ...

WOW! SOOO excited. I had never heard of that brand. And, I really wanted Thermals!!!

Thank you!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

OMG!!!! My SS nails is tgooberbutt who spoiled me like crazy!!! I feel so lucky to have had such a fantastic Santa! I wish I could post a pictue of all m goodies now, but I promise to post one when I get to work tomorrow! I will say that I am wearing my Jouer gloss, eating my Chuao, and planning which polish (out of FIVE) and which topcoat (out of THREE) to use!!!! You are so wonderful!!! Thank you so much!!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thank you to my SS Nails Wendy (secretlyhoarding) for the lovely package today! I was going to send you a message, but I can't seem to find your username on here. I'm tired tonight, so I'm not sure if I am just having a ditzy moment. The package and wrapping job was so pretty. And, I loved the very thoughtful card.

I have had everything sitting on my bed now for an hour. I haven't decided if I am going to open it yet or not. I think I may just open one item a day and stretch it out. But, I am also slowly dying of curiosity. Hmm. Decisions. My boyfriend was just encouraging me to open it, but we will see. Haha.

I have had a ton of packages coming this week from my Black Friday & Cyber Monday shopping. So, I nearly missed this sitting on the counter when I got home tonight. After a very hectic and semi-stressful day at work, it was such a pleasant surprise. I am SOOO glad I got my post count up and decided to participate last minute. Feeling blessed!

You lovely MUT ladies have really added to my holiday cheer this year. This has been such a fun process, and I feel like the fun is only starting.

Edit: I finally figured it out. thank you, @Secrethoarder ...
smile.gif

YAY! You're very welcome. I'm so excited for you to open everything!! I really didn't think anyone would have the restraint to open them one at a time (lord knows I don't), so some of the items are super small gifts/extras. You're probably better off just opening them all at once 
laughs.gif

YAY! You're very welcome. I'm so excited for you to open everything!! I really didn't think anyone would have the restraint to open them one at a time (lord knows I don't), so some of the items are super small gifts/extras. You're probably better off just opening them all at once :laughs:
Yes! All at once! I second that motion! We want to see the pretties!

It's funny because... I am totally the girl that looks at all the spoiler threads for my subscription boxes. And, I am really bad at keeping secrets. And, I hate surprises. So, this is definitely not like me. Haha. But, for some reason, it's giving me something to look forward to this week. I have had such craziness at work. I opened another one when I got home tonight. I think I am just going to continue opening slowly, but I am betting I will be done this weekend. Tonight's pretty: Goose Creek Apple Cider Candle
I LOVED the hand written tag. I have never tried this brand before, so this is excellent. Love the scent! I actually have apple cider in my fridge right now. It's one of my favorite fall treats. Yum! And, as my wish list said, I love candles.

It's funny because... I am totally the girl that looks at all the spoiler threads for my subscription boxes. And, I am really bad at keeping secrets. And, I hate surprises. So, this is definitely not like me. Haha.

But, for some reason, it's giving me something to look forward to this week. I have had such craziness at work. I opened another one when I got home tonight. I think I am just going to continue opening slowly, but I am betting I will be done this weekend.

Tonight's pretty: Goose Creek Apple Cider Candle

I LOVED the hand written tag. I have never tried this brand before, so this is excellent. Love the scent! I actually have apple cider in my fridge right now. It's one of my favorite fall treats. Yum! And, as my wish list said, I love candles.
Yea! Love the sound of that candle, as it sounds yummy! I'm a sucker for candles and have a ton that I haven't gotten around to burning yet, but can't seem to resist buying more. Looking forward to seeing what you open next!

It's funny because... I am totally the girl that looks at all the spoiler threads for my subscription boxes. And, I am really bad at keeping secrets. And, I hate surprises. So, this is definitely not like me. Haha.

But, for some reason, it's giving me something to look forward to this week. I have had such craziness at work. I opened another one when I got home tonight. I think I am just going to continue opening slowly, but I am betting I will be done this weekend.

You're going to love Goose Creek! In my opinion, the scent is much better than Yankee Candles (sorry, Yankee fans!).

Also, I should thank you for your ultra-detailed and amazing wishlist!

Shopping for you was so easy; as I read each line I was getting more and more like "omg, we're the same person!!"

I sent out my SS gift. I think it's gonna take a bit though because the PO woman said it needed to go the slowest way possible (by truck) due to the fact that there is nail polish in the box.

Anyone else encounter this problem?

Subbing for updates! I've been kind of MIA for the last week or so, but I'm all set to wrap and ship to my Santee this weekend. And I got a message from a Helpful Elf saying my package is on it's way!! Thanks Santa! I'm super excited to see what I'm getting, and even more excited to see my Santee open hers!

LOVE!!!  The little note is almost better than the candle!

Quote: Originally Posted by FunAtTheCircus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I sent out my SS gift. I think it's gonna take a bit though because the PO woman said it needed to go the slowest way possible (by truck) due to the fact that there is nail polish in the box.

I've never told them it's polish...ever...so I've never had that problem.

I sent out my SS gift. I think it's gonna take a bit though because the PO woman said it needed to go the slowest way possible (by truck) due to the fact that there is nail polish in the box. Anyone else encounter this problem?
My PO told me the same thing. Flammable items can't go by air, so it's ground shipping.

I sent out my SS gift. I think it's gonna take a bit though because the PO woman said it needed to go the slowest way possible (by truck) due to the fact that there is nail polish in the box. Anyone else encounter this problem?
I've never told them it's polish...ever...so I've never had that problem.
I ship perfume, polish, hairspray, etc. I don't tell the post office. I don't want it to take 3 weeks to get there.

Quote: Originally Posted by jennm149 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My PO told me the same thing. Flammable items can't go by air, so it's ground shipping.

Quote: Originally Posted by FunAtTheCircus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I may or may not tell them there is nothing that can catch fire or break in the box.  I usually package it in a baggie if I can and basically make sure if that if it does break there is something to absorb it all and there isn't the risk if you just stuck a bottle in a box.  I find it odd that most nail polish indie companies you buy from ship air and you can take polish with you as a carry on but they want it shipped ground. 

I once sent Tootsie Rolls along with a package of polish.  (it was in a separate baggie) and I didn't tell them there was anything perishable either. 

I ship perfume, polish, hairspray, etc. I don't tell the post office. I don't want it to take 3 weeks to get there.
I'm probably not going to tell them either. I mean, seriously, Julep, Square Hue, they only take a few days (usually) to get where they're going, do you think that stuff goes by ground??

I shipped my SS (nails) gifts in a flat rate priority box on Sat. & was told that the package would be delivered by Tues. However, tracking not only shows that it has NOT been delivered but it stopped updating the moment it left my town. I went to the Post Office that I delivered the package from & was told to call Consumer Affairs. When I called I was told that I can file a claim in 30 days. Hello, I don't want to file a claim I want my box!!! I'm really hoping that this is all a mistake and the box will get delivered soon. So now I'm wondering if I should put together another box for my Santee? I would feel horrible if the package was "lost" & she has nothing to open for Christmas. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  What do you guys suggest?

Back