(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, what's better than one Mood / Thermal polish... *THREE*?!?! In addition to a Ditsy, I am also the proud owner of Envious and Blissful. WOW!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am just so spoiled at this point.

And, what's better than one Mood / Thermal polish... *THREE*?!?! In addition to a Ditsy, I am also the proud owner of Envious and Blissful. WOW!!! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> :) :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I am just so spoiled at this point.
It's so fun seeing you open your gifts a little at a time. It's Christmas every day at make up talk!

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And, what's better than one Mood / Thermal polish... *THREE*?!?!

In addition to a Ditsy, I am also the proud owner of Envious and Blissful.

WOW!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
I am just so spoiled at this point.
I've never tried that brand... such pretty colors!!  Love seeing you open yours one at a time.  So much fun!

Quote: Originally Posted by Parasoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To my surprise, I received a package in the mail yesterday. I don't normally get anything but bills so this was truly exciting! However, I was running late for work so I didn't have a chance to open it until afterwards.

My favorite part was the outside of the box and how the card was embedded into it!! However I can't show that so I'll move on.
frown.gif

At first I thought you had sent me a pair of earrings which totally caught me off guard. I thought you may have made a mistake when wrapping. Lol! Soon enough I realized they were just apart of the beautiful little ribbon holding a lovely new bottle in its wrapping. When I opened it I felt a pure and simple joy. Not because I got a gift but rather because someone put a lot of thought and effort into it all. Thank you.
You're so bad! Lol. I should send you some polish named after coal! You're too sweet Donna. I truly appreciate the gift and especially the card. I'll turn a blind eye and pretend I don't know how much you spent but you really shouldn't have.
frown.gif

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart. I never would have imagined I'd become apart of such a loving and supportive community.

I don't even know which to start with. I'm especially curious about the bottom three of the Nails Inc. When I saw the Butter London I was instantly reminded of wine. Love the color hate the taste. So I bought some bourbon whiskey to go with my mani night (Day off yay!).
biggrin.gif

You're killing me Donna. <3

I wish I had participated now. I feel so bad not having even been apart of this and receiving something. I tried posting here earlier but there was no button to quote and no place to reply. It turns out the mobile version doesn't show you the pop-up that tells you this is part of a group you need to join to be able to post in.

Thank you again Donna. I know where you live now. I will have my gift revenge!
smile.gif
The Butter London was from an ipsy bag or some such.  I didn't buy it special...I just thought you'd like it!   You remind me of my nephew and I've developed a soft spot for you because you're totally adorable lol.  Merry Christmas, Sweetie!

Quote: Originally Posted by Animezing /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I shipped my SS (nails) gifts in a flat rate priority box on Sat. & was told that the package would be delivered by Tues. However, tracking not only shows that it has NOT been delivered but it stopped updating the moment it left my town. I went to the Post Office that I delivered the package from & was told to call Consumer Affairs. When I called I was told that I can file a claim in 30 days. Hello, I don't want to file a claim I want my box!!! I'm really hoping that this is all a mistake and the box will get delivered soon. So now I'm wondering if I should put together another box for my Santee? I would feel horrible if the package was "lost" & she has nothing to open for Christmas.
frown.gif

What do you guys suggest?
My Local Post Office is staffed by ZOMBIES. Please don't stress about the tracking not being updated - for some of the workers, handing them a scanner is like using a laser pointer with a cat on catnip.   I get packages all the time that show statuses like: "Package Not Found","Invalid Tracking Number", "Left Sorting Facility, NJ (I live in Atlanta), and "Sacrificed to Chthulu" when the package is sitting on the kitchen table opened.    

If memory serves on Saturday we were still climbing out of all the flight delays and then we were hit with the ugly weather that people all over the country are dealing with. The USPS uses commercial flights to send mail so they would be affected by the weather and delays as well.   

By the way, if you read their ridiculous terms, they don't actually guarantee that Priority Mail will arrive in 2-3 days.  

MAIL CLASS DELIVERY STANDARD CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE AFTER: First-Class Mail®
2 - 3 days (not guaranteed)
5 or more Days from the date of mailing Priority Mail®
1, 2, or 3 days (not guaranteed)
5 or more Days from the date of mailing Priority Mail Expressâ„¢
1 - 2 days (guaranteed) Guaranteed Delivery Date/Time Missed Standard Postâ„¢
2 - 8 days (not guaranteed)
14 or more Days from the date of mailing
Edited to add:  Oh and if the package is lost, you can file a claim and it's like giving your Santee a $50.00 Gift Certificate since all priority mail comes with $50 insurance.  

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  UPS ground is actually pretty fast. That's how shipped my packages. I shipped yesterday and both should be at their destinations by Monday. 
I just realized that most of my purchases from Sephora have come UPS Ground - and they are here in just a couple of days.   Thank you for letting me know that.   I am still going to go to the mall because my only interactions for the last week has been snarling at my Mail Woman, Tea with the UPS guy, Posting on Here and conversations about the news with my cats.    

I had the worst morning... No alarm set, overslept a bit. And, my hair dryer blew up half-way drying my hair.

So, I opened a few more SS gifts to cheer myself up. Yay!

I love this Sephora perfect pair mini duo. What a cute color combination! Awesome.

I actually don't own any Sephora OPI really. So, I am also looking forward to trying this brand. Yay!
Your Secret Santa loves you lol!  I'm sorry you had such a bad morning but a little present makes everything better!

I haven't had any issues with things being lost but I've noticed in the last week that some packages have been just a day late...either ones I'm sending or receiving.  I'm putting that down to holiday volume.  My post office is like the best in the world...it pays to live in a tiny town, I guess.

The Butter London was from an ipsy bag or some such.  I didn't buy it special...I just thought you'd like it!   You remind me of my nephew and I've developed a soft spot for you because you're totally adorable lol.  Merry Christmas, Sweetie!
Not adorable. Anything but that. D: I have no idea what an ipsy bag is so I'll assume it was a great deal and the BL was just a dupe of one you already had. It makes me feel better so there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'll quit fussing and just accept. Thank you Donna.

@Animezing Im sorry to hear your having trouble with the shipping, hopefully its moving along and will get safely to your SS. I know just recently I shipped out priority through USPS and it was stuck in one place almost 2 weeks so I had to call around and track the phone number down to the sorting facility. Eventually it arrived safely to the destination but it does make it frustrating. I also have pretty good experience with UPS so I try to use them as often as possible personally.

WOW!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Blissful is sooo pretty, you're going to love it! It's a really neutral pale pink/nude when it's warm.

I was so excited to see that you wanted thermals, because I had been wanting to try them also!

And since it was flat rate shipping, it only made sense to buy a bunch...right? 
rolleyes.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by FrostKitty /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I just realized that most of my purchases from Sephora have come UPS Ground - and they are here in just a couple of days.   Thank you for letting me know that.   I am still going to go to the mall because my only interactions for the last week has been snarling at my Mail Woman, Tea with the UPS guy, Posting on Here and conversations about the news with my cats.    
Your welcome.   And this is totally off topic, but it is finally snowing here! 
brrrr.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Your welcome.   And this is totally off topic, but it is finally snowing here! 
brrrr.gif

It finally snowed here not too long ago and I was excited! ....about 3 hours later when it went to below 0, I was over it lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  It finally snowed here not too long ago and I was excited! ....about 3 hours later when it went to below 0, I was over it lol.
We haven't had any yet and I'm already over it.  I hate winter.  Thank God my father had the foresight to move us the hell out of Newfoundland.  I'd never leave the house and be all reclusive sitting by the stove in 5 cardigans and a blanket.

Quote: Originally Posted by Sakura83 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  We haven't had any yet and I'm already over it.  I hate winter.  Thank God my father had the foresight to move us the hell out of Newfoundland.  I'd never leave the house and be all reclusive sitting by the stove in 5 cardigans and a blanket.
I hate the cold, but love the snow. It is still in the upper 20's here. 

add me in to the random surprise gift group, i had to opt out of participating due to finances, so i really wasn't expecting any packages, and when i got home from a very rough day i had a box on my desk, i was confused, i knew i didnt order anything in months...then i saw the card and address label..

my surprise secret santas DonnaD and Christa W

we have the most Awetastical people on MuT!

and of course i opened it, i have no ability to wait on those things.

Got my very first butter london..disco biscuit (i LOVE the name and the color is soooo me....you know me too well,lol)

and butter london cuticle oil, and china glaze Frostbite, and nails inc  icecream & sprinkles collection

AND handmade fingerless gloves(so i can still show off my polish whenever it gets out of the 70s and 80s so i can wear them!

I've been bawling like a baby all afternoon!

oh and the kitties have already "furred" my gloves!! LOL

Lol you guys are funny.  I heard them say on the radio this morning that it was -4 with -17 windchill and I remember thinking, really? it felt nice out today.
laughing.gif
I guess I'm used to it already!

On the bright side, one of you better get ready for your package, it's being dropped off tomorrow!!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  add me in to the random surprise gift group, i had to opt out of participating due to finances, so i really wasn't expecting any packages, and when i got home from a very rough day i had a box on my desk, i was confused, i knew i didnt order anything in months...then i saw the card and address label..

Got my very first butter london..disco biscuit (i LOVE the name and the color is soooo me....you know me too well,lol)

and butter london cuticle oil, and china glaze Frostbite, and nails inc  icecream & sprinkles collection

AND handmade fingerless gloves(so i can still show off my polish whenever it gets out of the 70s and 80s so i can wear them!

That was very sweet of them!  Donna makes the most precious gloves, and Disco biscuit is such an awesome looking color.

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oooh, so YOU'RE the lucky one with the black fingerless gloves.  They are so beautiful!

DonnaD and Christa, it is so sweet of you guys to be super secret Secret Santas.

WOW!!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

ooohh - thermals.  They are so very pretty!

Back