(SPOILERS!) Secret Santa FOR NAILS 2013 Presents Revealed!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And would you believe I don't have a pair of my own gloves?  For real.
You have been bumped up in the list to numbers one, two and three. Don't forget about yourself Donna. Those magical hands of yours need some loving too. I of course have been bumped up to number four because reasons.

@lissa1307 awwww! I especially love the gloves.

Days 5  &6 of my opening spree have given me great joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Today I got Opi's Can't Find my Czechbook, my #1 wanted color OF ALL TIME.

And yesterday I got an AMAZING book called Daddy Long Legs.  To say that I LOVE it so far is an understatement.  It is about a girl writing letters to her benefactor and so far I think it is a really beautiful book.  I will keep you all updates as I keep reading lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I forgot you were my business manager lol.   Sorry @Sakura83.  You have to put your order in, in triplicate, with @Parasoul, CEO of DonnaD Enterprises. 
lol.gif

Lol, will do, better set up an Etsy shop ! " Le gloves by DonnaD" would be an fantastic shop name. I'd totally purchase it for every girly I know. That's why my nail SS icon badge below is a pair of hands in gloves holding a cup of joe or sorts! because that's totally me every morning going to school or work. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yesterday I got an AMAZING book called Daddy Long Legs.  To say that I LOVE it so far is an understatement.  It is about a girl writing letters to her benefactor and so far I think it is a really beautiful book.  I will keep you all updates as I keep reading lol.
I love that colour.  It's one of my all time favourites!  I want your secret santa next year!!!

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Awww..i sorta like you too miss Donna,lol!
I need to start crocheting again..last thing i made was a blanket that took me three years to finish..trying to hide it from hubby for a surprise.lol.that was probably eight years ago,lol. What pattern do you use?
I use a bunch of different patterns and I combine some in weird ways to get the look I want.  I'm big on beautiful buttons on my gloves and I have some unbelievable gorgeous buttons!  This isn't the forum for LeGloves By Donna Enterprises but I'll put a spoiler in of a couple of different gloves I've done recently.  The teal and the cream are "real" gloves.  The blue, white and dusty pink heather are pattern experimentations.

I love that colour.  It's one of my all time favourites!  I want your secret santa next year!!!
I am biased but I think you should want her- she is the BEST.

I use a bunch of different patterns and I combine some in weird ways to get the look I want.  I'm big on beautiful buttons on my gloves and I have some unbelievable gorgeous buttons!  This isn't the forum for LeGloves By Donna Enterprises but I'll put a spoiler in of a couple of different gloves I've done recently.  The teal and the cream are "real" gloves.  The blue, white and dusty pink heather are pattern experimentations.

I'm big on buttons also, love it. That's why I couldn't stop staring at them, the buttons on that black one make it pop especially because it goes so well with the pattern.

@tulosai you definitely got lucky there! love all the little surprises. I'm kinda like a squirrel myself buying stuff throughout the year lol, not so much polish but this gives me an idea for next year 
happy.gif

@lissa1307  awwww! I especially love the gloves. Days 5  &6 of my opening spree have given me great joy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Today I got Opi's Can't Find my Czechbook, my #1 wanted color OF ALL TIME. And yesterday I got an AMAZING book called Daddy Long Legs.  To say that I LOVE it so far is an understatement.  It is about a girl writing letters to her benefactor and so far I think it is a really beautiful book.  I will keep you all updates as I keep reading lol.
I loved that color too. It was hard to wrap because I wanted it too. Ha ha ha. After Christmas I'll have to buy me one. I hope you like the book. It is my all time favorite book. It's just a feel-good book that makes you happy. I love it. It makes me happy that you are enjoying your goodies.

Quote: Originally Posted by tulosai /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Such a gorgeous color!

You are so very talented Donna! I love these, and you use the coolest button embellishments. Makes me wish I had been your SSantee. 

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You are so very talented Donna! I love these, and you use the coolest button embellishments. Makes me wish I had been your SSantee. 
My Santee got a pair with my most beautiful pearl buttons.  I also made a pair just like it for another honorary santee but I haven't mailed it yet...she has no idea so shhhh.

My Santee got a pair with my most beautiful pearl buttons.  I also made a pair just like it for another honorary santee but I haven't mailed it yet...she has no idea so shhhh.
You are one super awesome lady!

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  You are one super awesome lady!
I was thinking old and boring but I can accept super awesome.

Thank you, @secrethoarder !
heart.gif

I am sure you ladies all have nice gifts, but I am certain mine is the best. She seriously curated this box so well for me! I have zero envy.

I know I've posted a few pics already in this thread, but I decided to open up everything tonight. And, I am going to consolidate it in this post. Edit: Oops, I added a Spoiler. I realized how obnoxious it was to scroll through when I switched to my iPad.
smile.gif

It arrived so beautifully wrapped this week. I loved the red and silver color combo. And, everything was so securely wrapped. Bubble wrap, etc.

Ooh. Look at all these pretties! How did I resist opening you all for a whopping... 2 Days. Haha.

Goose Creek Apple Cider Candle - I started burning it last night, and it smells amazing! This may be my new favorite candle brand.

Local Homemade Organic Soap - It also smells great. I just ran out of bar soap last week, so it's perfect timing as well.

Big Sexy Hair Stuff - Yay! One of my favorite brands. I can never have enough products. This was a great extra item.

Washi Tape - I don't have any, and I've never used any. You ladies will have to educate me how I can incorporate it for some cute looking mani's! How cool.

Stash Tea - I got my first box a few months ago, and I just opened it in November. I haven't tried the flavors sent, so I'm really excited. I love a good hot cup of tea in the morning in my office. I also am gifting my SS some Stash tea. It's seriously the perfect winter treat. Yum!

Swatch Sticks - I meant to take a picture of the envelope, where I've been testing my polishes. It's really sad looking. I desperately needed these, so I can start keeping track of my collection. It has seemed to double recently. Haha. I was so thrilled to see these included. And, I loved the bow around them. So perfect!

Wait, my box has been so perfect... And, we haven't even talked about POLISHES yet!?

Sephora O.P.I. Perfect Duo - I actually have never tried O.P.I., so I'm excited! The minis are so cute. Coral & Golden Shimmer!

Essie In the Ca-ba-na - I also don't own any Essie, so this was perfect. I love the shade. The picture doesn't do it justice.

In the Mood Thermal / Color Changing - Sooooo happy to try my first thermals! I absolutely love all the colors. I was giddy running them under hot water to see what color they looked like when they changed. This is going to be perfect this winter. At least I'll enjoy being cold / hot now. Haha. So fun!

Julep Jennifer, Cassie, Renee - I love Julep's, and I can never have enough. I don't subscribe, but I will buy during the warehouse sales. And, I bought my first mystery box recently... The Diamond Mystery Box, which featured Lavendar and Pink diamond glitter toppers. She purposefully picked the colors to match as undies. How thoughtful was that?! Again, I'm just floored by how much thought went into every single item. I loved the hand-written tags included.

Wait... We're still not done?! I've been dying to try LaVanila, particularly the Vanilla Grapefruit version. When I was in Sephora in my hometown Black Friday shopping, I had even went and found it and tested a sample. But, I had decided to hold off buying it. This was the biggest surprise in my box. Wow!!!

And, I'm still not done rambling on... Look at what I can write my rambly notes on! HANDMADE cards, she designed and letter-pressed. How cute are these cards!? With my job, I've relocated seven? times in the last six years. I love sending out handwritten cards to family and friends. These are perfect for my letter writing. The top one is my favorite... Thanks For: Making me smile, Being the bee's knee, Brightening my day... My SS has accomplished all of these things!

It's overwhelming when I see everything together in the last picture. I signed up for both the SS & SS Nails on the very last day of sign-up's. In fact, I signed up only hours before they closed. I really was on the fence about joining. In fact, I barely had enough posts in time to join. This has been such a wonderful experience for me. I've enjoyed getting to know you ladies and hearing your stories. And, I've just been shocked with the generosity and thoughtfulness.

In fact, it's really put me in the holiday spirit this year. I am a Finance Manager, and my job is so stressful for year-end closing. I work ridiculously long hours over the holidays, including New Year's Day. The holiday season normally tires me out. But, this has really helped me de-stress a bit. It's been fun to follow the thread and put energy into shopping for my SS's.

I was leery when I made my Wish Lists. I didn't want to get too specific, or ask for crazy luxury brands. I had hoped I would like whatever my SS picked out for me. But, I honestly never expected to LOVE every single item. I'm just kind of in shock tonight, after I opened everything up. Thank you again, @secrethoarder! And,  thank you @magicalmom and @angismith for organizing!

And, thank you anyone else who actually read my endless rambly post. Sorry it's a bit long! Happy Holidays, Ladies. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heart.gif

I am sure you ladies all have nice gifts, but I am certain mine is the best. She seriously curated this box so well for me! I have zero envy.

I know I've posted a few pics already in this thread, but I decided to open up everything tonight. And, I am going to consolidate it in this post. Edit: Oops, I added a Spoiler. I realized how obnoxious it was to scroll through when I switched to my iPad.
smile.gif

It arrived so beautifully wrapped this week. I loved the red and silver color combo. And, everything was so securely wrapped. Bubble wrap, etc.

Ooh. Look at all these pretties! How did I resist opening you all for a whopping... 2 Days. Haha.

Goose Creek Apple Cider Candle - I started burning it last night, and it smells amazing! This may be my new favorite candle brand.

Local Homemade Organic Soap - It also smells great. I just ran out of bar soap last week, so it's perfect timing as well.

Big Sexy Hair Stuff - Yay! One of my favorite brands. I can never have enough products. This was a great extra item.

Washi Tape - I don't have any, and I've never used any. You ladies will have to educate me how I can incorporate it for some cute looking mani's! How cool.

Stash Tea - I got my first box a few months ago, and I just opened it in November. I haven't tried the flavors sent, so I'm really excited. I love a good hot cup of tea in the morning in my office. I also am gifting my SS some Stash tea. It's seriously the perfect winter treat. Yum!

Swatch Sticks - I meant to take a picture of the envelope, where I've been testing my polishes. It's really sad looking. I desperately needed these, so I can start keeping track of my collection. It has seemed to double recently. Haha. I was so thrilled to see these included. And, I loved the bow around them. So perfect!

Wait, my box has been so perfect... And, we haven't even talked about POLISHES yet!?

Sephora O.P.I. Perfect Duo - I actually have never tried O.P.I., so I'm excited! The minis are so cute. Coral & Golden Shimmer!

Essie In the Ca-ba-na - I also don't own any Essie, so this was perfect. I love the shade. The picture doesn't do it justice.

In the Mood Thermal / Color Changing - Sooooo happy to try my first thermals! I absolutely love all the colors. I was giddy running them under hot water to see what color they looked like when they changed. This is going to be perfect this winter. At least I'll enjoy being cold / hot now. Haha. So fun!

Julep Jennifer, Cassie, Renee - I love Julep's, and I can never have enough. I don't subscribe, but I will buy during the warehouse sales. And, I bought my first mystery box recently... The Diamond Mystery Box, which featured Lavendar and Pink diamond glitter toppers. She purposefully picked the colors to match as undies. How thoughtful was that?! Again, I'm just floored by how much thought went into every single item. I loved the hand-written tags included.

Wait... We're still not done?! I've been dying to try LaVanila, particularly the Vanilla Grapefruit version. When I was in Sephora in my hometown Black Friday shopping, I had even went and found it and tested a sample. But, I had decided to hold off buying it. This was the biggest surprise in my box. Wow!!!

And, I'm still not done rambling on... Look at what I can write my rambly notes on! HANDMADE cards, she designed and letter-pressed. How cute are these cards!? With my job, I've relocated seven? times in the last six years. I love sending out handwritten cards to family and friends. These are perfect for my letter writing. The top one is my favorite... Thanks For: Making me smile, Being the bee's knee, Brightening my day... My SS has accomplished all of these things!

It's overwhelming when I see everything together in the last picture. I signed up for both the SS & SS Nails on the very last day of sign-up's. In fact, I signed up only hours before they closed. I really was on the fence about joining. In fact, I barely had enough posts in time to join. This has been such a wonderful experience for me. I've enjoyed getting to know you ladies and hearing your stories. And, I've just been shocked with the generosity and thoughtfulness.

In fact, it's really put me in the holiday spirit this year. I am a Finance Manager, and my job is so stressful for year-end closing. I work ridiculously long hours over the holidays, including New Year's Day. The holiday season normally tires me out. But, this has really helped me de-stress a bit. It's been fun to follow the thread and put energy into shopping for my SS's.

I was leery when I made my Wish Lists. I didn't want to get too specific, or ask for crazy luxury brands. I had hoped I would like whatever my SS picked out for me. But, I honestly never expected to LOVE every single item. I'm just kind of in shock tonight, after I opened everything up. Thank you again, @secrethoarder! And,  thank you @magicalmom and @angismith for organizing!

And, thank you anyone else who actually read my endless rambly post. Sorry it's a bit long! Happy Holidays, Ladies. ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm so glad you loved everything! SS mission complete! 
santa.gif
 Like I said in my card, I know that being a young professional is really tough (and we don't get nearly enough credit!) and as a designer we are also crazy busy around this time of year. So I'm very happy I was able to help you get a little de-stressed and in the holiday spirit!! It was really fun to shop for your gift and seeing this post has made everything totally worthwhile. Also, these are really great pictures! Thank you so much for the lengthy and detailed post, it really made my week so much better. I can only hope that my own photos will be just as good for my SS. 

I'm touched by this whole community and the generosity of people (sorry, having lots of feelings right now 
icon_redface.gif
 but honestly seeing all these gifts being exchanged and reading the comments, it's something seriously special). Happy Holidays, everyone! I'm looking forward to some more awesome reveals!

Quote: Originally Posted by NittanyLionGRRL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
heart.gif

smile.gif

WOW!  Great present!  Mine is paltry by comparison but in my defense, I wanted to surprise secret santa a few different people...also, I didn't honestly have as much fun with it as I thought I would since my person never showed up or said a word of excitement.  So I guess I am happy with what I got her but next year, I think I'll do a bit more since now I think I've got the hang of it seeing all the great stuff you girls are getting.

I would die for this present!  SecretHoarder is a fantastic little gift giver!!

I was thinking old and boring but I can accept super awesome.
old and boring my fat a...ok i wont finish that statement..lol

you are for sure super awesome fantazmically awetastical!

you have the most fun and opinionated(i love the hilariously honest/speak your mind and screw the others posts) and you're always doing sweet things for your fellow MuT-ers and we all LOVE you Donna!

not to mention the UH-MAZE-A-RIFIC nails...

I am loving all the reveals and I honestly would be happy receiving any of the things that have been sent! Everyone did such a great job so far, I'm hoping my Santee likes my gift as much as I liked getting it for her!

WOW!  Great present!  Mine is paltry by comparison but in my defense, I wanted to surprise secret santa a few different people...also, I didn't honestly have as much fun with it as I thought I would since my person never showed up or said a word of excitement.  So I guess I am happy with what I got her but next year, I think I'll do a bit more since now I think I've got the hang of it seeing all the great stuff you girls are getting.

I would die for this present!  SecretHoarder is a fantastic little gift giver!!
I'm sure your gift isn't paltry and your SS will love it! I haven't seen much from my person either, but I wasn't active on this board for awhile either as had a little family emergency that kept me busy so figure maybe she's going through something similar. I know that I'm going to be happy with whatever I receive, as a gift is always appreciated! I'm still waiting for the last item I ordered to arrive, then I can ship everything out to my Santee. Am loving seeing all of these reveals!

my wintry old heart is warmed by all of these sweet gifts and pictures and joy. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> sent both of my ss es out today. Feeling excited for them to arrive! This is such a great experience and I'm so glad I did it.

Latest posts

Back