Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To my summerswap buddy! WHO ARE YOU>! I have your real name, but for some reason I don't see anything with your username on it! (I may have dropped one of your adorable notes and my 14 week old puppy may have eaten it and I could no longer read it which may explain my situation but please tell me who you are!) 

Everything came adorably wrapped and I tore into it INSTANTLY! 

Packaged!.jpg

It looked AWESOME

And then I got ALL these goodies! Sephora brushes, some of my favorite stuff like locctaine hand cream, benefit theyre real, philospohy, AND A LUSH BATH BOMB,,, hand cream for my obsession, and an awesome book I am going to share with my maid of honor after I read it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I wish I took more photos but the puppy wouldn't let me. I should have locked myself in another room but I was not patient enough! 

Everything!.jpg

Thank you thank you! I got my own personal birchbox which I loved and tons of great goodies that are perfect! Ahh super excited! I also dont know when it came, i didnt check the mail for a few days and life has been crazy.. (two fourteen+ hour workdays so far this week) so this was SUCH an awesome treat and fun thing to come home too! 

Thank you thank you!!!! Whoever you are! 

To my summerswap buddy! WHO ARE YOU>! I have your real name, but for some reason I don't see anything with your username on it! (I may have dropped one of your adorable notes and my 14 week old puppy may have eaten it and I could no longer read it which may explain my situation but please tell me who you are!) 

Everything came adorably wrapped and I tore into it INSTANTLY! 

Packaged!.jpg

It looked AWESOME

And then I got ALL these goodies! Sephora brushes, some of my favorite stuff like locctaine hand cream, benefit theyre real, philospohy, AND A LUSH BATH BOMB,,, hand cream for my obsession, and an awesome book I am going to share with my maid of honor after I read it! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I wish I took more photos but the puppy wouldn't let me. I should have locked myself in another room but I was not patient enough! 

Everything!.jpg

Thank you thank you! I got my own personal birchbox which I loved and tons of great goodies that are perfect! Ahh super excited! I also dont know when it came, i didnt check the mail for a few days and life has been crazy.. (two fourteen+ hour workdays so far this week) so this was SUCH an awesome treat and fun thing to come home too! 

Thank you thank you!!!! Whoever you are! 
I'm your summer swap buddy (I wrote it on the note that was in the Birchbox)! So glad that it brightened your day!   :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

More goodies!  @tulosai’s favorite books, some Lindor truffles (my favorite!!), minty gum, and a cute pencil.   I love that you sent me books you love.   I haven’t read any of these and I’m thrilled to have some good summer reading material!  The truffles got a little smushed in the heat, but I tried one to make sure they were ok – they were! 

I love the shopaholic book set they are so fluffy and deliciously bad for you books  and I mean that in the best way.  and the hotel on the corner of bitter and sweet is a wonderful book! great choices :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

OMG like seriously I don't even know where to start. Courtney, you are AMAZING. Ok here we go and I love to talk about myself so settle in for a whale of a post!! First off, my swap buddy was @cg0112358.

so first off let me tell you the story of my box. I got notice on Monday or Tuesday that it had shipped and would be to me on Thursday. My husband gets home around 3:30. I texted him asking if I got any packages, he says nope. Womp Womp. So I'm home from work and going about my day. Go to take the garbage out. Realize there's no pile of mail on the stairs like there ALWAYS is when he checks it. So "ummm hon did we get ANY mail?" He says no. I figure that's kind of odd and I'll check it since I'm outside anyways JUST IN CASE.

Hmmm a card from my cousin, my step niece's baby announcement....A KEY TO THE PACKAGE BOX! (We have a townhouse where we share a mailbox kinda then there's a bit old box if you have any packages) AND LOOK WHAT I SEE!!

image.jpg

Ignore my ratchet nails. Spoiler alert: they won't be ratchet for long!

Ok can't breathe. Go in the house.

First let me take a selfie of my face when I opened it. And yes I filtered that bih to black and white because I have no makeup on. Judge me. image.jpg

Ok after fanning myself off a bit like an old church lady it's time to open. First thing I see:

image.jpg

ALL THE MASKS!! Freeman masks I love, paper masks I want to try, masks that I can't even read what they say because they aren't in English and you bet I'm going to slap them on my face!! I wanted to try Korean skin care and this is perfect!! Mask party at my place!!

So then we continue on to this. I think I died for a minute. image.jpg

After I rose again, ALL THE INDIE POLISH!! A TON of stuff from rainbow honey that I wanted to try so bad, a llarowe polish I've been absolutely DYING to have (how did you know!?), a beautttiiful holo polish from Layla cosmetics, and the most perfect nail polish EVAR from femme fatale cosmetics. Ummm hello it's confetti and it's femme fatale and I the world's biggest Britney Spears fan (it's one of her albums for you non believers in the holy spear-it)Could it be more perfect!?! I think not!

Ok ONWARD! Candy!!

Is this from Louisiana!? It is so good! And to be more excellent I ate a red one thinking it would be cherry or strawberry. It's CINNAMON!! My favorite!! Hubby ate a blue one and also declared it delicious. Cue his second rant about how they need a man version of a swap lol image.jpg

Ok back with part 2 soon!

Ok so after I recover from the sugar coma, we press onward.

oooo another box let's open! image.jpg

OMG SO MUCH GLITTER. A WHOLE BOX OF GLITTER. That's right, E L E V E N bottle of glitter. One for each of my fingers and one left over for my toes!! I love the pure ice polishes I wore one on my toes for our wedding! And I've never tried julep!! And I loovveeee Nicole by opi! And skepfofodkskeo JULIE G!! I can't explain how excited I am for this, we don't have rite aide here and I wanted to try these so bad! I've never tried hope girl but it's pink and leopard print so I already love it!!

Ok. Wait there's more!?!? Take a break for my cat to check out the box. She approves. image.jpg

Ok one more box to go. OMG I don't know where to start with this. So I open and see this. image.jpg

I die again. And legit cried. OMG so many pretties!! Ok so first there's these 3

image.jpg

Vichy!! I have always wanted to try this brand but haven't! And now I can! And at first I didn't know what the one in the middle was but I knew it had a dinosaur climbing a building on the box so it must be amazing. ITS A KOREAN CC CREAM!! Exactly what I've wanted to try! And the one on the right Korean toner!! Ahhhh my face is going to be so beauuuutiful. Ok we continue.

image.jpg

I can not. Like seriously I can't. It's a mirror and a sticker!! And glitter is my favorite color!! I lol'd because this was seriously my EXACT response when a roadie asked me what my favorite color was. IT IS PERFECT!!

Ok more! image.jpg

Ahhhhh!! Ok so I am on a no buy. I used up my lip butter and I was so sad I couldn't buy another one. now I have one!! And a kissable balm stain and they are BOTH PINK! And the cutest little coastal scents eyeshadow sample I've seen in my whole life!! I've never tried CS but now I can! Yay! And an h2o hydrating treatment for mah face that will be PERFECT when frozen hell enters winter and my skin goes dry as a bone, which will be in about 2 weeks. And a lorac eye primer!! Ok one, I've wanted to try this so bad and don't think I've mentioned it so you are a PSYCHIC! Two, you couldn't have known but I'm almost out of eye primer and now I don't have to break my no buy to buy one!!

Ok! Then I saw this.

At first I said "wot is this?!" Then I realized it's nail tape and a bottle of glitter!! (I think, correct me if I'm wrong, because I am frequently wrong!) image.jpg

My nails are gonna be BANGIN YA'LL! Ok down to the final. image.jpg

Gahhhhh!! I am not sure I'll recover at this point. One, MORE GLITTER! Am I 31? I am. Will I wear this, ESPECIALLY since (and I don't think I've mentioned this either you psychic!) we're going to Vegas in December? Not only will i wear it, I WILL SLATHER MYSELF IN GLITTER. And HELLO WAFFLE!!

Ok I will admit I am a terrible swap buddy and ordered hello waffle after I made my list. In a hilarious twist of fate....the colors you got me? EXACTLY WHAT I ORDERED. I died. Oh I got dupes, how sad!?! NO I AM SO EXCITED NOW I HAVE BACKUPS OF MY FAVORITE COLORS AND I CAN USE THEM WITH RECKLESS ABANDON DURING NO BUY! I'm seriously shocked how well you picked. And....A HELLO WAFFLE LIPSTICK!! Ahhhh! I have not tried these but hello waffle is my favorite indie brand so far (and my first!) and the color is beautiful and perfect and it smells minty and delicious!

All the pretties: image.jpg

Courtney you see hands down farking AMAZING. You went so far above and beyond what I expected and I absolutely love everything. I am in awe of how perfect of gifts you picked and do not feel bad about the wrapping, like hello did you see my gift lol?! so love it ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

PS not sure why the pics are sideways when they works before. Ah well just stretch your neck a little.

@@BSquared You are hilarious. I'm glad you got a box that was as great as the one you did for me.
This swap could not have gone better!!i got the best person to shop for, the best person to buy me presents, and the best roadies in @@trekkersangel and @@sstich79!! THANK YOU to everyone that made this happen!! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> off to do my nails and throw a mask on!!

So my mailman randomly just showed up super-early today, and I had a few packages. Yay! Haus of Gloi order: check. Some free sample thingies: check. But wait... what's this third package? Mysterious. Opened it up to find... a camera lens coffee mug! HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!

Mug.jpg

But wait a hot minute...

I remember seeing @@wadedl receive one from my giftee @@msambrosia and thinking it was awesome, and I remember commenting on how bad-ass it was. And then I remember shopping around for one... but I didn't actually order one, did I? I think I'd remember that.

Sooooo.... anyone care to fess up? ;)

(Side note: #nomakeupprecoffeeselfie = EEK!)

So my mailman randomly just showed up super-early today, and I had a few packages. Yay! Haus of Gloi order: check. Some free sample thingies: check. But wait... what's this third package? Mysterious. Opened it up to find... a camera lens coffee mug! HOW COOL IS THIS?!?!

Mug.jpg

But wait a hot minute...

I remember seeing @@wadedl receive one from my giftee @@msambrosia and thinking it was awesome, and I remember commenting on how bad-ass it was. And then I remember shopping around for one... but I didn't actually order one, did I? I think I'd remember that.

Sooooo.... anyone care to fess up? ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

(Side note: #nomakeupprecoffeeselfie = EEK!)
LOL! Wooohoooo! It was me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I randomly saw it on a flash sale site and remembered that you liked it from a previous reveal! 

LOL! Wooohoooo! It was me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I randomly saw it on a flash sale site and remembered that you liked it from a previous reveal! 
Aw, thank you SO much! That was so unnecessary, and so sweet, and such good timing because I've been having a bit of a rough go of it lately. A random act of kindness was just what the doctor ordered! Aw, MUT warm fuzzies ---> sniffles ---> dang it, someone must be cutting onions somewhere, because my eyes are watering just a smidge.

My box arrived today! My buddy was @@heath67013!  Thank you so much! I love everything & will post pictures this evening.

I didn't notice my box at first because our cat was napping on top of it. :lol:   The mailman had left the box in one of her favorite spots, so I guess Kiki was claiming it as her own.  I tried to get a picture, but she ran to her food bowl when I walked back outside with my phone. 

@@lacylei and @ Wow that lippy box is fantastic! I think I spy Kir Royal... My all time favorite gloss!

I wanted to gush more but I had to upload the photos here at work and my boss has been staring me down and looking over my shoulder so I had to keep it short by the time I got the pics up. im not even sure if I got them all up. so sorry!

Here are my goodies from @@heath67013!

All my goodies in the box! Love the wrapping paper!

MUT1.jpeg

My note from Heather, cute little notebook, and some samples! 

Freeman Chocolate & Strawberry face mask, Sparklehearts Sweet Hearts sparkly body lotion, Julep hand scrub & Coastal Scents palette sampler in Sunset.My husband thought the face mask was candy. lol I had to grab it away from him before he opened it! 

MUT2.jpeg

Two pretty Essie polishes - Watermelon & In the Cab-ana! I've never tried Essie before so i'm excited! 

MUT3.jpeg

Lip balms from EOS & Chapstick.  I LOVE EOS!  My nurses laughed at me when I was in the hospital back in May for gall bladder surgery because I had 4 EOS balms with me. I don't have this flavor though - blueberry acai!  The Chapstick is Green Apple & Caramel, which is PERFECT for me.  I kinda want to eat it.  lol

MUT4.jpeg

EcoTools! My favorite!!! I don't have these yet. I actually haven't even seen them before! 

MUT5.jpeg

Yarn! This is the exact brand I used to make my swapbuddies scarf!  You were right, Heather. 1 skein makes a scarf!  Both of these skeins are so pretty, but i'm loving the black one. I haven't seen the metallics before. 

MUT6.jpeg

Check out this awesome NYX palette!  I love the NYX brand, but have really only bought their lip products so i'm excited to try the shadows & blushes.  I've never watched the show Revenge, but my friend Ross is a big fan. I sent him a picture and told him, "LOOK! I'm going to be Emily Thorne!" haha.

MUT7.jpeg

MUT8.jpeg

All my goodies! Thank you so much for everything, Heather! I love it all. :)

MUT9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back