Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great reveals everyone! I love seeing all these great gifts!

My Summerswap Buddy is @@dancersmum who is the BEST EVER!  Reveal coming shortly - after I figure out how to post pictures (a lot) from my phone.  My favorite little person, Z (my son), spilled SWEETENED iced tea all over my laptop which has my whole entire life on it!!!  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I"m waiting for it to dry out completely before I attempt to turn it on! 

Oh no @@Babs28 !  I hope it dries without any problems.  I managed to spill a giant mug of (hot) tea all over my phone, laptop AND TV remote all at once.  I scrambled to dry my laptop and phone, but delayed on the TV remote... and then it wouldn't work right for two days!  I'm happy to report it's back to normal now!

Sending happy computer vibes your way!  
pc.gif

sgg

I was WAY too excited to remember to take a picture of the unopened box! I looked at where it came from and knew who my Swap Buddy was right away!  My box traveled 3/4 of the way around the world to get to me!  It came all the way from HONG KONG...which meant that my Swap Buddy was @@dancersmum:D  This is the first look after I opened the box! What do I see?! Butterflies, Dragons and a HUGE Lolipop!!!  A few of my favorite things!!!  16.JPG 

I open the card! I love the cut outs and pop outs! Just beautiful!  There's butterflies on the card!  Yay!!

photo 1.JPG 

I unpacked the box and there are lots of individually wrapped presentst Quite a few are in what I *think* are really cool bank envelopes!  At this point I have PMed Dancersmum to gush and I mentioned the dragon bank envelopes (shown in picture below). She tells me to be patient and that they are explained at the end in a letter. She included 2 big butterflies, one is a magnet, one has a pin on it. i LOVE THESE!! They are awesome!!

photo 2.JPG

She included a dragon card for my son and some awesome gifts for him too which he loves! She got him a skull bracelet that I love too so sometimes Z will *let me* wear it! ;)  I have to promise to take good care of it and not lose it when he offers to let me wear it!  It's so funny!  :)

35.JPG

36.JPG

I didn't open anything until I had a chance to take everything out of the box! Some of the packages and goodies that I have taken out:

photo 3.JPG

I see Tokyomilk!!!! :D :D

photo 5.JPG

And there's a Bite lippie!!  :luv:  I just LOVE those decorated envelopes!  The two mini ones are so pretty!!

20.JPG

One of the decorated envelopes had "Percy Jackson" written on a sticky note stuck to the outside of the envelope. Hmmmm......I did open that one and inside was an organze bag with gold stuff in it!  I'm a lucky girl.  I managed to put it down until I got the other stuff out.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

25.JPG

photo 9.JPG

More to come later!

Last edited by a moderator:
Crossposted from the discussion thread in case anyone has stopped reading that one but cares to know:

I spoke to the post office several times before someone even talked to my mail carrier, finally on Thursday they told me he didn't remember anything about the package. So I guess probably it was stolen.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just hate this, I hate that I didn't get to see what @Bizgirlva picked out for me, I hate that all her effort was stolen by some creeper, I hate talking on the phone so I hated the whole trying to track it down process, and I'm just really sad about how this turned out  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My awesome box from @@klg534!! I am sorry it took a few days to get this up but work has been really crazy the last few days. All of my beauties wrapped. Loved the little notes she wrote on each one:)

1st I opened the Seephora Summer Safety kit!! Omg So great I missed it online and my nearest Sephora is 50 miles away. So happy to have gotten this! Next a cute little lip bag with balms and a Nars Pricilla gloss. Love love this color:)

I also received another bag with great makeup essentials. I have already used the liner, I love it. The color lasted on me all day:) Yes to carrots body wash, wipes, glossing cream (one of my HG items, how did you know:) Origins Clay mask and tons of pretty hair ties!!! Love the body wash and moisturizer from Bath and Body works! Very refreshing.

I also received Pacifica Tuscan Orange perfume, I can see why it's one of your favorites, I love this:)

Holy samples, a whole bag full of them. These are my weakness such a great variety you included, I will have enough to keep me busy for quite awhile.

The last picture is everything together.

This was the highlight of my summer. Thank you so much Kellie for an AMAZING box!! I have so many things new to me , I appreciate the time you took to make this personal for me.

Thank you, thank you!!
SWAPWRAPPED.jpg

SWAP5.jpg

SWAP2.jpg

SWAP3.jpg

SAMPLES.jpg

SWAP1.jpg

Oh my goodness ladies.  I just got back from a week long family vacation & the first thing I had to do was catch up on this happy thread.  Oh, I love it.  I love everybody on here & all the happiness in these reveals.  It was nice to take an hour break & just read & see all the pretties you all have sent to each other.  Now I'm off to do a week's worth of laundry for 8 people (ugh), but thank you for all your happiness & for sharing it with each other.  The happiness on this thread is truly contagious.

Crossposted from the discussion thread in case anyone has stopped reading that one but cares to know:

I spoke to the post office several times before someone even talked to my mail carrier, finally on Thursday they told me he didn't remember anything about the package. So I guess probably it was stolen.  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just hate this, I hate that I didn't get to see what @Bizgirlva picked out for me, I hate that all her effort was stolen by some creeper, I hate talking on the phone so I hated the whole trying to track it down process, and I'm just really sad about how this turned out  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
This infuriates me to no end and I am terribly sorry you had to experience it.  A few years back someone broke into my mom's vehicle in a parking garage in Milwaukee and snatched my backpack.  I lost some things I will never get back but there was nothing of any value to anyone but me.  I had a bunch of used up makeup in there.  Can you imagine the look on their face when the realized they've just jacked a car to steal my mom's bible and some used up Wet n' Wild... I hope the thief has the decency to realize what they've taken and anonymously return it to you.  There are some real dirt bags out there in this world unfortunately.  

OMG - my summerswap package arrived...my daughter just called...I want to leave work now and open everything!

The bad news is my daughter said that she peeked in the 3 massive boxes and it looks like it will be a treasure hunt to find all the bits and pieces as everything was emptied out among the other items I had ordered (bedding, pots & pans and the kids back to school gear).    All I know is that she spotted a tarte box and a lippie hiding in the styrofoam but no clues as to who sent the package yet...I am soooo excited!  But since the warehouse people got rid of all the original box I am hoping that the clue to your identity wasn't on there!  I do however have a real name now as the packing list from the warehouse shows me that - but no username yet!

Thank you to my summerswap buddy for making my day!  I can't wait to go look at everything!  I wonder if I can leave early today?!?

I spoke to the post office several times before someone even talked to my mail carrier, finally on Thursday they told me he didn't remember anything about the package. So I guess probably it was stolen. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just hate this, I hate that I didn't get to see what @Bizgirlva picked out for me, I hate that all her effort was stolen by some creeper, I hate talking on the phone so I hated the whole trying to track it down process, and I'm just really sad about how this turned out :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I am sorry to hear that! That's terrible for both you and as you mentioned also for bizgirlva! All of the thought, money, etc. that went into this!

I unfortunately know how you feel...this has happened to me twice in the 3 months that I've lived in my new location. It's my first experience with a "communal mailbox" in a neighborhood, and it's not leaving a good impression...I miss my own mailbox at the end of my drive way.

Anyway, I'll think good thoughts for you that perhaps it'll turn up! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Good luck with that computer, my bed fell on my MacBook Pro and made a crack on the case and it worked for a while and then it died. Apple fixed it for $250 but I had to buy a casing for the hard drive to download everything before I sent it off. They ended up replacing almost everything but the hard drive.

So even if it works back it up to something ASAP

So my awesome swap buddy was @@cobainrls!  I was really spoilt and her handwriting is so much neater & tidier than mine is.  

swap.jpg

Among the many goodies - I found calypso mango tea - yummy!  I can't wait to try it...I love teas and this looks delicious!  A box of tarte - bronzer...this one is perfect for my desk at work!  A baggu bag in a lovely blue - perfect for my handbag as the bag that I usually carry my shopping is starting to get holes!  Sephora universal lip liner - been on my wishlist forever and I never seem to see it in stock!  Makeup forever mini lipstick - in such a pretty color!  I can't wait to try it.  Your HG mascara is my daughters as well!  I love love love jurlique products-rose hand cream!  Can't wait to try it.  Hair ties - not all of them are in the image as my daughter ran off with a few of them but I always have hairties with me and these are so pretty. 

BITE - OMG I LOVE THIS!!!  The colors are fabulous - this is going to live in my handbag!  Chocolate lipbalm - it smells delicious...  Then there is some eyeshadows to check out ...my first meet Matt!  And some coastal scents eyeshadows too!  Eye patches - they sound amazing!

I know there were lots of other samples and other fun things...but what amazed me was how much care had gone into choosing my goodies! The jurlique smells divine and won't give me a migraine - and there are so many items that my daughter wants to help herself too...but the only thing I am sharing is the tea!

Then there was a little trinket box - unfortunately it arrived damaged  :( but its still totally usable!  And hidden in it was ring!  I know I mentioned I liked the colour rose gold - but I was thinking makeup...and instead I got jewelery!!!  Talk about a nice surprise.  

I just wanted to say a huge thank you!  So many new things to play with and try...  So crazy to think that I got so many  lovely things from someone who hasn't met me!  Thanks so much.

So my awesome swap buddy was @@cobainrls!  I was really spoilt and her handwriting is so much neater & tidier than mine is.  

swap.jpg

Among the many goodies - I found calypso mango tea - yummy!  I can't wait to try it...I love teas and this looks delicious!  A box of tarte - bronzer...this one is perfect for my desk at work!  A baggu bag in a lovely blue - perfect for my handbag as the bag that I usually carry my shopping is starting to get holes!  Sephora universal lip liner - been on my wishlist forever and I never seem to see it in stock!  Makeup forever mini lipstick - in such a pretty color!  I can't wait to try it.  Your HG mascara is my daughters as well!  I love love love jurlique products-rose hand cream!  Can't wait to try it.  Hair ties - not all of them are in the image as my daughter ran off with a few of them but I always have hairties with me and these are so pretty. 

BITE - OMG I LOVE THIS!!!  The colors are fabulous - this is going to live in my handbag!  Chocolate lipbalm - it smells delicious...  Then there is some eyeshadows to check out ...my first meet Matt!  And some coastal scents eyeshadows too!  Eye patches - they sound amazing!

I know there were lots of other samples and other fun things...but what amazed me was how much care had gone into choosing my goodies! The jurlique smells divine and won't give me a migraine - and there are so many items that my daughter wants to help herself too...but the only thing I am sharing is the tea!

Then there was a little trinket box - unfortunately it arrived damaged  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but its still totally usable!  And hidden in it was ring!  I know I mentioned I liked the colour rose gold - but I was thinking makeup...and instead I got jewelery!!!  Talk about a nice surprise.  

I just wanted to say a huge thank you!  So many new things to play with and try...  So crazy to think that I got so many  lovely things from someone who hasn't met me!  Thanks so much.
Yay! Glad you like everything. I hope you can use everything. I tried really hard on the allergies. Sorry about your trinket box :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> but, glad you can still use it. Yay!

Be prepared for awesomeness! Part 1

Here's a picture of everything still wrapped:

image.jpg

A close up of the beautiful card:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tarina Tarantino Magic Hour Smudge Pen in Velvet Purple is a stunning plummy purple. I think I'll use this to smudge a thick line on my upper lash line.

Lancer Lift Serum Intense it says this contains pure gold and Stem Cell Recovery Complex. Sounds so luxurious! I hope it makes my skin glow.

Benefit Lollibalm OMG! I love this color! It is the perfect shade of pink. I love it!

Napoleon Auto Pilot Pre-foundation skin primer. I really like trying new foundation primers. Can't wait to try this one.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tarina Tarantino Sparklicity Shimmer dust. The packaging is so incredible! It's going to look beautiful on my vanity. Looks perfect for nights on the town.

Tarina Tarantino eye dream hypershadow in Bow. The packaging is beautiful and the color is a very pretty pink. I think it might also work great as a blush.

Tarina Tarantino Fantastical Jewel Eyeshadow Palette, a purple themed eyeshadow palette with five shades. Again the packaging is beautiful. All the colors in this palette are very pretty.

Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme This scent is fresh, classic, elegant and best of all smells like the actual flower. Nothing like the the synthetic scent that some other Rose scents have. Love it!

Awesomeness part 2

image.jpg

Green Travel Mani Kit. I love it! I've been needing one of these for when I travel. Best of all it's in my favorite color!

Irish Self Adhesive Nail Jewels. I'm not very good at nail art so I use nail stickers whenever I want designs on my nails. Perfect!

Hello Kitty Bandages and Cherry Sours. These are so stinking cute and I love them! I'm really lucky my little sister wasn't here when I unwrapped everything. She would've definitely tried to steal both of these.

image.jpg

Maggie Lindley Wall hanging decor. This is a beautiful piece, it's going to look wonderful in my bedroom.

NYX Butter Lipstick in Hunk, Sweet Tart and Razzle Fiesta. All these colors are stunning. I've been wanting these for a while. I'm so happy to finally have them!

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I finally get to try it!

image.jpg

image.jpg

This box is so beautiful and the way she packed everything in it is perfect.

image.jpg

Meet Matt(e) Nude! ZOMG! I've been dying for this palette. It is more amazing in person than I imagined.

Deluxe sample of Coastal Scents Revealed 1 & 2. A girl can never have too many palettes. I really like coastal scents deluxe shadow palettes, they are great to travel with.

Tarina Tarantino Dollskin powder, a soft translucent powder. Hopefully it does a good job at controlling shine.

Sideview portable mirror. This mirror is awesome! It's perfect for my purse. It has a very delightful saying on it "Objects in Mirror are even more fabulous than they appear." Love it!

Makeup Forever Aqua liner in 12L, a very pretty shade of green. I'm an eyeliner junkie so eyeliners are always welcome in my house :) .

image.jpg

Foils :) Dr Dennis Gross alpha beta peels, DHC and some more Napoleon Perdis primer.

Here's everything together, I love it all! I'm wondering what I did to deserve such a magnificent swap buddy. Everything is beyond perfect. I can tell she put a lot of thought and effort into each gift. To think that there's more is absolutely insane! I can't wait to find out who my wonderful and mysterious swap buddy is! :)

Also, the card is so fabulous! I think I'm going to frame and hang it in my closet :)

image.jpg

A million thank yous to my wonderful swap buddy!

Don't you love Tarina Tarantino' packaging! Great reveal!

@@cobainrls - just wanted to say I'm rocking the new BITE lippie today - and I love it!  Its the PERFECT nude one me - I have my HG nude now!  Thanks a million :wub:  

Back