Summerswap 2014 Reveal Thread (Post your beauties here)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How many more? Is anyone keeping track? I just come here and drool, but I haven't a clue who's left...

Yeah, mine just arrived today!!!!  I am at work but my neighbor called and told me a box came for me.  When I asked who it was from, he said he did not look :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  But, THANK YOU TO WHOEVER YOU ARE!!!!  I will not be able open it or post on it probably till tomm.  I am a school teacher and will not get done till 4, then I have to get 1 child from a speciality school that is 40 minutes away, then get 2 kids from an in home daycare, then pick up a kid from frontiers, an after school program.  If that were not enough, I then have to quickly do dinner for 4 kids and somehow make it to my little girls basketball game at 7.  Then, make it home around 9 and help with homework, then bedtimes, and then wake up at 4:45 am to start the madness all over again.  Man, I long for the days of freedom, no schedules, and me time.  I am dying to tear into that bad boy, but, alas, adult parental responsibilities have latched themselves to my screaming soul.

I just got an amazing thank you gift from @@CurlyTails! She definitely made my day.

image.jpg

She sent me a few of her favorite items.

First, Glamour Doll Eyes! I've been dying to try this brand for a very long time but I was always afraid they would have too much glitter. All the colors she sent me have just the right amount of shimmer. They are all so beautiful and the best part is she sent me samples of the entire Super Shadows collection because I love comic books. (Looks like the stalker has been stalked :) ). She also included a blush sample in rumor and a hydraglaze sample in delicate aura, both very pretty. Next is a Mint Julep lip scrub by Lush. OMG this smells amazing! I love it! Last but not least is a Fresh sugar lip treatment to use after the lip scrub.

This gift definitely took me by surprise and it made my day. I'm so lucky to have such amazing summer swap buddies :) Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an amazing thank you gift from @@CurlyTails! She definitely made my day.

image.jpg

She sent me a few of her favorite items.

First, Glamour Doll Eyes! I've been dying to try this brand for a very long time but I was always afraid they would have too much glitter. All the colors she sent me have just the right amount of shimmer. They are all so beautiful and the best part is she sent me samples of the entire Super Shadows collection because I love comic books. (Looks like the stalker has been stalked :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ). She also included a blush sample in rumor and a hydraglaze sample in delicate aura, both very pretty. Next is a Mint Julep lip scrub by Lush. OMG this smells amazing! I love it! Last but not least is a Fresh sugar lip treatment to use after the lip scrub.

This gift definitely took me by surprise and it made my day. I'm so lucky to have such amazing summer swap buddies :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thank you so much!
I'm glad you liked everything! And reverse stalking is a lot of fun :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

This post is sooooooo long overdue!  I completed it on a flight and it never uploaded and I haven't had time to finish it since I have been in town probably a week total all summer!!!  Sorry for the delay!  My Summerswap gifter was @@rachelshine.  Let me just say that she did an AMAZING job shopping and stalking!  It means so much when someone (you don't even know) takes the time to truly get to know you and carefully select gifts that they think you will love.  Let's just say that she hit the nail on the head!!!  Thank you soooo much @@Momma4!!!!!!  You are WONDERFUL!!!

Without further ado...Here is a pic of all my pretties:

064.JPG

OMG there is so much it is overwhelming!!!!  I broke it down into smaller groups to make it more manageable so I didn't OD on cosmetic wonder!!!

065.JPG

First up, is a collection of Glamour Doll Eye (and I think other brand) pigments.  I said in my profile that the only thing I really am lusting after is the UD Electric pallet right now.  @@rachelshine carefully selected colors that were dups for the pallet.  These are GORGEOUS and so pigmented!  I lOVE them!!!!!!  I have just recently been introduced to GDE and have just started experimenting with pigments in general so I am so exited for these!   If I could just get a fre minute to put together some looks!! Promise to post pics when I do!!!

066.JPG

So I started with eyes, now on to lips....@@rachelshine selected 4 glosses in rich gorgeous colors!  She definitely paid attention when I said I prefer glosses to lipsticks!  Again, the colors are so rich and beautiful!  Historically, I am very neutral with my makeup---nude eye, pink lip....In the past few months, I have gotten more adventurous and have been experimenting with a bolder lip and more outrageous eye make-up.  I don't have much in my collection, so these are a welcome addition!!!

068.JPG

AHHHHHH!  I am OBSESSED with masks!!!  I have started using a mask LITERALLY every night because I have so many to try!  My personal favs are sheet masks and peel off masks and I LOVE FREEMAN!!!! These are absolutely perfect!!!!

069.JPG

Let me reiterate that this girl paid such close attention to my bio!  I LOVE skin care items...She put together a little sampling for me----including one of my holy grail items---SUKI SUGAR SCRUB!!!!  I actually have been refilling a little jar from my big jar for travel, so this is absolutely perfect!  I am not familiar with the other sugar scrub so I was so excited to try it!  I did and I really like it, but Suki is still my #1!

070.JPG

So, I said in my bio that I don't like hair products, but let me tell you, the B&B shampoo and conditioner went right into my travel bag and I have already gone through them!  I never tried them and I was surprised that I really like them!!!! In the top left corner is a candle which smells AMAZING!!  I have a slight candle obsession.  Another one of my Holy grail items is Shea terra shea butter.  If you haven't tried it for the winter, you need to get some!  I have never found such a thick moisturizing shea butter....I get so ridiculously dry in the winter.  I have prescription creams, and still nothing tops this!!  In the middle is a tokyo milk soap which is currently on display in my bathroom because it is so pretty that I can't bring myself to open it.  It smells unbelievable!! And last- but certainly not least---a stila liquid liner!  I use the pen like liners the majority of the time, and Kat Von D and Stila are my two favorite ones!  I actually just gave away one of my stila liners to my friend and I was a bit remorseful about it (gifters remorse lol) so I am super excited to get this!!!! (Kharma?)

073.JPG

And there is no rhyme or reason to this pic, this is what was left after all the other groups lol.  How amazingly sweet of @@rachelshine to remember my fur babies!!!!  The kitties love their treats and I do want to let everyone know that she found what I am sure was an amazing toy for my pup but it wouldn't mesh with the surprise box tetris!  Body wash that is again, already gone because it went into my travel bag (really excited about this....I don't have any travel body washes so I have to lug around full size).  And finally, probably what excited me most:  a few vials of perfume oils from an indy company that remind me of two of my fav companies: BPAL and Villainess....They are strong dark mysterious scents (like Dragons Blood) with beautiful labels....I haven't even gotten to check out their page yet, but I am so excited to find more products I love.  Thank you so much for introducing me to a new brand which I daresay will become another favorite!!!!

Yup...completely overwhelmed....THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU @@rachelshine!!!!!  Everything was amazing---most of all the time and effort you put into creating this PERFECT gift!!!!  The girls I have met on MUT are some of my favorite people in the world!!!!

067.JPG

071.JPG

I also posted this in the discussion thread, but I don't know if everyone is still checking that so I am going to share the most exciting news ever here as well! After 3 weeks in post office purgatory, my package has mysteriously arrived!!!! SO EXCITED!! Off to open now, pics in a few!!!! 

I also posted this in the discussion thread, but I don't know if everyone is still checking that so I am going to share the most exciting news ever here as well! After 3 weeks in post office purgatory, my package has mysteriously arrived!!!! SO EXCITED!! Off to open now, pics in a few!!!! 
No way! The makeup gods came through!  :mussical:

!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG you guys I had the best swap buddy EVER. Seriously overwhelmed by all the awesomeness and generosity. It was worth the wait and all the stress! OK, I"m going to go try to figure out how to upload all these pictures now.

Okay, I need to start by saying @@Bizgirlva was the best swap buddy I could have asked for and she really went above and beyond! Everything she got me was something I would have chosen for myself, and I can tell she did some seriously good stalking :) It is amazing and she was SO generous I couldn't even believe it. It was worth all the stress of trying to find it and thinking it wasn't coming! My package waited in post office purgatory of some kind for three weeks, but it finally made its way to me, and here is the awesomeness! (Sorry some of the pictures are sideways, I think someone posted how to fix that at some point but I couldn't figure it out.)

First, the empty box after I opened everything, with all the tissue paper inside. She wrapped it all in my favorite colors!

P1160718.JPG

And the lovely card she wrote:

P1160719.JPG

And the local items: Postcards for my collection/decor (I have them strung up around my apartment), a pen, and the cutest magnet ever! 

P1160723.JPG

A lot of the items were in the cute shimmery bag that will be in the background of the next couple of photos. First up, we have some eye products on the left: NARS eyeshadow base, two Covergirl shadows in my favorite colors, a couple of Starlooks eyeshadows that look really nice, and a matte black single shadow, which I've been wanting for ages! Then, some nail products: Nail strips, which I've never tried before but really want to, a matte topcoat from Revlon, ditto, and a nail file in a fun shape. Next are some lip products: Too Faced Melted mini, which I have really wanted to try, an OCC Stained Gloss mini, ditto, an Urban Decay lipstick mini, which is my favorite lipstick brand ever in a new color, and a retractable Japonesque lip brush that I've been lusting after on Birchbox forever and is already in my purse makeup bag!

P1160724.JPG

Next, we have samples! First off, many many samples of my favorite perfume, Folle de Joie, as well as one of a TokyoMilk dark scent that I've actually really been wanting to try but never mentioned on here! Bizgirlva must be psychic! Then there are some foils (mostly hair products) that I'm looking forward to trying, a hair gel from Ouidad, and Estee Lauder makeup remover (can never have enough makeup remover! And you're right, it's purple, so it must be the best!).

P1160726.JPG

In this photo, you can see a sample card of Tarte blush, and then, an actual Tarte blush! I don't think I've ever even swatched this color before but it is PERFECT! Purpley and awesome and I can't wait to wear it! There are also some blotting sheets from Sephora -- again, my swap buddy shows her secret psychic talents, because I"m actually almost out of blotting papers and haven't bought new ones yet! These look really nice! There is also a shimmery scented body spray -- I LOVE IT SO MUCH, I AM NOW GLITTERY AND SMELL LIKE CAKE. It smells lovely, and I do love me some glitter!

P1160727.JPG

Next up, we have an amazing selection of non-beauty items. There's a book, which looks like a fun read, and some great smelling candles (I have one lit already!). The paper straws are super cute, and the tea looks delicious. I absolutely LOVE the salad servers! They are so cute and I don't have any, so now I'm that much more prepared for a dinner party! :) The plastic flower things are apparently to seal the top of cups -- very useful! It apparently keeps tea or coffee hot longer, or you can use it on whatever you want I guess. And the smaller one is a bottle stopper. I love it! And I totally don't have one of these, I usually just try to stick the cork back in my wine bottles, but this is so much cuter and classier. 

P1160728.JPG

There was one item that I opened last, as per the note.

P1160729.JPG

And WOW was it the best surprise I could have ever imagined. Ann is the sweetest, nicest, most generous swap buddy imaginable, and when I opened this last one, I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for everything she got me, it really took me a few minutes to collect myself. I literally was tearing up. Here's the last item:

P1160730.JPG

P1160731.JPG

Yes, that is the Urban Decay electric palette, which I have been lusting after and wanting but knew I would never buy for myself because I'm supposed to have a real job now (sort of, I work in an office anyway) and not wear bright colored makeup but I LOVE IT SO MUCH and I can't just wear it on weekends, I will have to figure out ways to incorporate these colors in office appropriate looks because I'm pretty sure I'm going to be using this every day forever if I can. I definitely swatched it before I even took the photos, and those colors are so amazing!!!!! In fact I might go take off my eye makeup now and put some of these colors on before I get in the shower haha. 

To sum it up, I am so so grateful for everything, and this was an amazing gift that I never thought I'd even get to see. But there was some sort of post office miracle, and today is an amazing day! I definitely want to thank @@Bizgirlva for being so amazing and generous, but I also want to thank all of you for being so sweet when my package was missing. I was so disappointed and sad and stressed out trying to track it down, and you were all so wonderful. And I know some of you were working behind the scenes to put something else together for me so I do want to say I really appreciate anyone who was a part of that effort. MUT is full of such amazing people and I'm so grateful to be a part of this community. 

Back