Your favourite mascara!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In Extreme Dimension Lash - separates and gives great volume. Its amazing. Zoom Fast Black Lash - its just that favorite shirt that always looks good and never disappoints. Both by MAC Cosmetics.

I really enjoy my Estee Lauder Mascara and my newly purchased Zoom Fast Black Lash by MAC. My MAC mascara has super thin consistency that feels like liquid liner so it glides on easily to your lashes. Estee Lauder gives me great volume, nice thick lashes. ​
 ​
But I must say...I have to use my ELF Mini Eyelash Curler to get the best effect!!!​
 ​
I did a review of these on my youtube channel youtube.com/xokeebuuxo ​
 ​

I'm head-over-heels for Covergirl Clump Crusher. It's only about $8 and it's comparable to some of the higher end mascaras. I used to use Tarte because it's hypoallergenic and my eyes are extremely sensitive, but for about 1/3 of the cost, Clump Crusher has never made my eyes water so I switched permanently.

Gotta love the Estée Lauder. This was the same one I got as a sample in my glossy box and I never knew how much I'd love it! Have you ever tried they're real by benefit?

Quote: Originally Posted by xoKeeBuuxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Gotta love the Estée Lauder. This was the same one I got as a sample in my glossy box and I never knew how much I'd love it! Have you ever tried they're real by benefit?

It is an amazing mascara. Ever since I first tried it, I haven't used anything else really since except samples or GWPs.

The Full Size Estee Lauder package is so nice looking. Unfortunately I only have the sample size that comes in a blue and gold tube. That Full Size is just glamorous! But now I'm iffy because I don't know whether to get They're Real by Benefit or just stick with this awesome stuff. Haha 

I used to swear by NYX Doll Eye mascara-length formula.  They changed the formulas about 4 1/2 years ago, and it sucks a lot now.

I liked Benefit's They're Real, used up one tube, but it was too hard to take off at night.  I also stabbed my eyeballs too much with the brush.

I've tried so many mascaras the last few years, the only ones I've bought over and over and love are Maybelline Full n Soft (for drugstore choice), and Tarte Gifted mascara.

Quote: Originally Posted by xoKeeBuuxo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I heard the Eyeko Eyeliner works really well too. 
It does, I have 3 colors and I love all of them! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've really been liking Estee Lauder mascaras lately. I'm using 3 right now that were sent to me: * Sumptuous * Double Wear (wears like iron) * Sumptuous Extreme (brush is a bit too big & clunky but the formula is pretty good; I usually use it with disposable mascara wands) None of these flake on me *BONUS* which is a major peeve of mine. Other favorites I use fairly regularly are: * L'Oreal Voluminous carbon black (incredibly black & volumizing, as well as waterproof) * L'Oreal Double Extend waterproof (has an incredible fiber lash primer on one end that volumizes & lengthens like crazy, with very black, fibrous mascara on the other end; also helps hold a curl & wears past 24 hours on me with no issues) * Diorshow Extase (loved it from the first time I used it; lengthens & volumizes gorgeously, without being obnoxious) * Diorshow Iconic Overcurl (brush is curved & a tad bit large for my liking, but it's a very good formula) * theBalm Two-Timer (double ended wand - really LOVE the brushes & formula with this; the large, twisty-type brush helps feather out my upper lashes & really lengthens them; the tiny brush is one of only two I've found that doesn't make a mess of my bottom & inner corner lashes) * Wet n Wild Mega Lash (I think that's the name) waterproof. It has a much skinnier brush that doesn't pick up too much product, unlike most mascaras which have followed that annoying trend in the last 5 years or so, which allows me to make a perfect base that completely separates & feathers out my lashes before I use a thicker waterproof formula. It also allows me to get all my bottom lashes without any mess. Great for minimal makeup days as well because it's very hard to screw up your lashes with this one by overapplying or clumping. And it doesn't flake or smudge, despite its ridiculously cheap price. It just does its job without being difficult to work with. My favorite types have always been waterproof formulas until lately because they never flaked or smudged & didn't run in the rain or when crying. I'd just put them on & not have to worry about them for the rest of the day. But there are some pretty good non-waterproof ones out there right now. They generally aren't on the cheap side though, with the exception of a few. I don't understand why people are having to tear at their eyes to get their mascara off. I just saturate a cotton pad (but not til it's dripping wet), hold it over my eye for 20-30 seconds with my eye closed, then gently wipe. All of my waterproof formulas come off with no problem using this method. Including They're Real, which I recently tried. And that's using my own bi-phase eye makeup remover that I make myself, which doesn't leave an oily residue behind. I don't like using just oils around my eyes because it leaves me with foggy vision for a while afterwards. Holding the cotton pad over the lashes gives the makeup remover time to start dissolving the mascara & the ingredients which make it adhere to the lashes, or ingredients which make the mascara waterproof. All that's needed then is a gentle wipe or two. My non-waterproof formulas come off even easier, with one swipe. Starting to roughly wipe across your eye immediately is going to irritate your eyes & the skin around them. Just be patient for a few seconds, then start removing.

I also use the Cover Girl Clump Crusher, in the green tube. No raccoon eyes even after rubbing my eyes!  Love the price too. 

I tend to use a lot of false eyelashes, but for quite a while I used Maybelline's XXL (with the one end for curling, and the other for volume).  At the moment, I'm experimenting with a few types to see what works best with my blonde, nonexistent eyelashes lol

I think it would be helpful to let you know the background before I tell you my favorite mascara. I have long lashes, but they are straight, light brown, and thin. The main thing I need from my mascara is a darker color (brown or black brown is best), more voluminous, and to hold a curl. I do not do waterproof. Ever. I never need it! Plus, I can't stand those plastic bristles. What genius thought that up? They clump like crazy! I have to have the traditional spoolie-type wand.

Ok, on to my favorite mascara: I love Loreal Full Definition Voluminous in Black-Brown. That is the best drugstore brand I've ever used. I haven't really tried tons of mascaras. I've done Maybelline Great Lash, Clinique High Impact, Clinique Lash Doubling, Almay, and Maybelline Full N Soft and this is my favorite out of all of those.

Why I like it:

1. It's easy to apply and isn't clumpy

2. It comes in black-brown, which is a big plus

3. Doesn't smuge.

4. Easy to remove.

5. Holds a curl.

6. Doesn't flake.

However, I cannot purchase it any more, as I'm only buying cruelty-free cosmetics now.

I am currently trying Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes! I like it so far, I think I'll like it even more a few weeks in when it dries a bit. I don't like the smell yet, but hey, it's better than having an artificial fragrance, right? I really like it so far.

Why I like it:

1. It's healthy for my lashes

2. It's natural

3. It's cruelty-free

4. It holds a curl

5. It volumizes

6. It darkens

7. Doesn't flake

I'm just sad it doesn't come in brown or even black-brown.

I have lots of mascaras I want to try: Physician's Formula Organic Wear Fake Out being one, and maybe some of the NYX mascaras, as they came out with new colored ones. We'll see! I'm still working on it!

I have different mascara favorites now including:

- Urban Decay Supercurl (so creamy, never clumps even after multiple coats)

- Urban Decay Big Fatty (i like it for smokey eyes. so black and volumizing!, takes practice to apply nicely)

- Benefit Badgal Lash (for everyday looks)

- Dior Diorshow (also for everyday looks)

- Buxom Lash (also for everyday looks, applies easily)

Mascara is my favorite beauty product of all time and i enjoy trying a bunch of them. I always have around 10 open at the same time that i rotate through. i also currently have maybe 20 unopened mascaras waiting to be tried!

I love The Falsies but the trouble I have with it is that it is so hard to get off.  I have to buy the waterproof kind because the others just don't stick to my lashes as my eyes do tend to water.  But with the waterproof kind, I just can not get it off and I look like a coon for the night, and in the morning I Have to scrub my face so hard to reapply more so I don't look odd.  But I guess that this is worth it to have my eyes look amazing like they do!

CoverGirl super thick mascara in the red tube is my all time favorite. I like others but always come back to this one. Old school type mascara brush and only costs about $4.50 at Walmart.No bells or whistles or fancy brushes. But... It makes my lashes look thick and fanned out & amazing. No clumping smearing flaking or irritating. Washes off easy too.

Back