Yuzen Summer 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by alphaloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my box - I am absolutely thrilled of course!

Ooh, great box! I love those Cocomels!!

I second the love for Cocomels!

Looks like a great 'favorites' box! I'm tempted to buy this...but I just bought a Kahina spa set and I really shouldn't be adding more products to my stockpile.

Originally Posted by ruhimaach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's my box - I am absolutely thrilled of course!

mine arrived today and is the same. the only disappointment for me are the Jane Iredale lippies.  i received them in a previous box and didn't like them. 

My favorites box had different contents.  They were:

2 Action Wipes towelettes

4 Ambre Blends fragrance samples

Coola facial sunscreen

Pomegranate/Passionfruit Honey Stinger chews

Red Flower Orange candle

Spa Technologies Laminaria Oil

2 Teatulia Tea samples

They had said that there would be several different favorites boxes.  So fun!

Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like a great 'favorites' box! I'm tempted to buy this...but I just bought a Kahina spa set and I really shouldn't be adding more products to my stockpile.
I found the Cocomels too sweet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They made my teeth hurt for some reason, but I loved everything else in the box. 

Sorry to go off topic - What does your Kahina set include? How are you liking it? Please post a pic on Instagram :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just added some more to my stockpile - Bought 3 full size May Lindstrom items (yet to be shipped) & a Suti skincare set from Birchbox with my 20% off code and some points. we are such skincare junkies! 
icon_razz.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by jpark107 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I found the Cocomels too sweet :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> They made my teeth hurt for some reason, but I loved everything else in the box. 

Sorry to go off topic - What does your Kahina set include? How are you liking it? Please post a pic on Instagram :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I just added some more to my stockpile - Bought 3 full size May Lindstrom items (yet to be shipped) & a Suti skincare set from Birchbox with my 20% off code and some points. we are such skincare junkies! 
icon_razz.gif

The Kahina spa set is a limited edition set that includes:

-Bag measures 6 1/4″ x 6″

-Argan Oil 30ml

-Antioxidant Mask 50ml

-Eye Cream 12ml

It's normally $145, but it was on clearance at opensky for $36. Clearly I had to get it since I was 'saving' over $100! 
wink.gif
  I just ordered it a couple days ago, so I should receive it within the next week or so. 
I wrote a post on the clearance Kahina items on MUT and another MUT user was able to snag one before it sold out! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136388/kahina-giving-beauty-clearance-on-opensky-limited-quantities

I'm excited to hear your review on the May Lindstrom items. I also bought the Suki skincare set from Birchbox (haven't tried it out yet because I'm currently in a L'oreal skincare study)!  
smile.gif

-Argan Oil 30ml

-Antioxidant Mask 50ml

-Eye Cream 12ml

It's normally $145, but it was on clearance at opensky for $36. Clearly I had to get it since I was 'saving' over $100! 
wink.gif
  I just ordered it a couple days ago, so I should receive it within the next week or so. 
I wrote a post on the clearance Kahina items on MUT and another MUT user was able to snag one before it sold out! https://www.makeuptalk.com/t/136388/kahina-giving-beauty-clearance-on-opensky-limited-quantities

I'm excited to hear your review on the May Lindstrom items. I also bought the Suki skincare set from Birchbox (haven't tried it out yet because I'm currently in a L'oreal skincare study)!  
smile.gif
Holy Cow that's such an amazing deal! Didn't even know what OpenSky is until today. I feel like peeing in my pants for missing these deals. 
sadno.gif
 Oh well maybe another time! So happy you got an amazing deal. I've used the antioxidant mask and likes it quite a bit. Have some argan oil samples but haven't used them yet! Let me know how you like the set. 

I have so many unopened skincare sets (Dr. Hauschka, Dr. Alkaitis, some Mario Badescu samples in a set (got free for taking a survey), and now May Lindstrom and Suki on its way) and I still don't feel satiated...arrgghhh. I am using Tatcha most regularly though. If I wait until I'm done with Tatcha, it will probably take me another 4-6 months before I move on to something else. Do you wait until you completely use up something? It's so difficult to stick to just one item at a time. LOL.

-Argan Oil 30ml

-Antioxidant Mask 50ml

-Eye Cream 12ml

wink.gif

smile.gif

Holy Cow that's such an amazing deal! Didn't even know what OpenSky is until today. I feel like peeing in my pants for missing these deals. 
sadno.gif
 Oh well maybe another time! So happy you got an amazing deal. I've used the antioxidant mask and likes it quite a bit. Have some argan oil samples but haven't used them yet! Let me know how you like the set. 

I have so many unopened skincare sets (Dr. Hauschka, Dr. Alkaitis, some Mario Badescu samples in a set (got free for taking a survey), and now May Lindstrom and Suki on its way) and I still don't feel satiated...arrgghhh. I am using Tatcha most regularly though. If I wait until I'm done with Tatcha, it will probably take me another 4-6 months before I move on to something else. Do you wait until you completely use up something? It's so difficult to stick to just one item at a time. LOL.

I actually almost dropped my phone when I saw the opensky deal in my e-mail - I couldn't believe that it was so heavily discounted! I debated about whether or not I should buy it...but I'm a sucker for facial masks and amazing discounts, so I felt compelled to buy the Kahina set.

FYI - Kahina products are currently ~50% off on myhabit! I just bought the brightening serum for less than $40 with tax (normally $72) - again, I'm a sucker for discounts.

If I love something (ex. Vasanti brighten up exfoliator), then I'll wait until I completely use it up. I usually jump around a lot between my products because I haven't found many 'holy grail' items. Also, I rotate products around the change in seasons (ex. lighter moisturizers in the summer and heavier creams in the winter). However, if it's a 'natural/organic' product, then I make sure that I don't open it until I know that I'll use it for a while because I'm worried that the product will 'go bad'. I have the Suki set and some Eminence products that are just waiting to be opened...

I actually almost dropped my phone when I saw the opensky deal in my e-mail - I couldn't believe that it was so heavily discounted! I debated about whether or not I should buy it...but I'm a sucker for facial masks and amazing discounts, so I felt compelled to buy the Kahina set.

FYI - Kahina products are currently ~50% off on myhabit! I just bought the brightening serum for less than $40 with tax (normally $72) - again, I'm a sucker for discounts.

If I love something (ex. Vasanti brighten up exfoliator), then I'll wait until I completely use it up. I usually jump around a lot between my products because I haven't found many 'holy grail' items. Also, I rotate products around the change in seasons (ex. lighter moisturizers in the summer and heavier creams in the winter). However, if it's a 'natural/organic' product, then I make sure that I don't open it until I know that I'll use it for a while because I'm worried that the product will 'go bad'. I have the Suki set and some Eminence products that are just waiting to be opened...
I can imagine 
smile.gif
 I would have dropped my phone, tea, coffee etc. as well! Thanks for the heads up on the myhabit discount - another new website you've just introduced me to. I am really tempted to buy the face mask and the brightening serum - Face mask I love after I got to sample it and have heard such awesome things about the serum! I just dropped some serious cash on Yuli this morning....arrrgghh, but I really want these items. Any idea how often Kahina is on discount? 

To a large extent, I think Tatcha is really my HG, but now I can't stop looking for my next HG! 

I can imagine 
smile.gif
 I would have dropped my phone, tea, coffee etc. as well! Thanks for the heads up on the myhabit discount - another new website you've just introduced me to. I am really tempted to buy the face mask and the brightening serum - Face mask I love after I got to sample it and have heard such awesome things about the serum! I just dropped some serious cash on Yuli this morning....arrrgghh, but I really want these items. Any idea how often Kahina is on discount? 

To a large extent, I think Tatcha is really my HG, but now I can't stop looking for my next HG! 

The funny thing is...prior to the 2 sales this week, I don't remember ever seeing Kahina on sale! Perhaps Kahina is trying to engage a larger consumer pool via opensky and myhabit? I have had the Kahina brightening serum on my 'wishlist' for a while now - I've only heard good things about it from green beauty bloggers (GBB). I'm hoping that it'll help fade my hyperpigmentation. 

Yuli gets really positive reviews from GBB, so I'm sure you'll love their products!

You just reminded me that I have some Tatcha samples that I need to bring out and try...I'll put it in the pile along with the Eminence and Suki products that are 'next'!

The funny thing is...prior to the 2 sales this week, I don't remember ever seeing Kahina on sale! Perhaps Kahina is trying to engage a larger consumer pool via opensky and myhabit? I have had the Kahina brightening serum on my 'wishlist' for a while now - I've only heard good things about it from green beauty bloggers (GBB). I'm hoping that it'll help fade my hyperpigmentation. 

Yuli gets really positive reviews from GBB, so I'm sure you'll love their products!

You just reminded me that I have some Tatcha samples that I need to bring out and try...I'll put it in the pile along with the Eminence and Suki products that are 'next'!
You're probably right - Kahina is definitely one of the more affordable brands compared to other high ends! I ended up buying the mask from myhabit :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Thanks for the heads up. Really tempted to buy the serum as well since I've read such amazing things about it, but I'll probably not get around to using it until I'm done with Tatcha and the 2 Yuli serums I bought this morning. Hopefully they'll be back on sale in a couple of months *fingers crossed*

I'm interested in hearing about your Suki experience 
smile.gif
 Please blog or IG about it! 

Just got this e-mail. Price increase starting with the Fall Box.

[SIZE=medium]Dear Yuzen Subscriber,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We hope you are enjoying your summer.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We are writing today to tell you that we must raise our prices.  Starting in August, our subscription and gift box prices will increase to $33.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We apologize for this necessary increase and sincerely hope the amount will not be a hardship for anyone.  For our small business to survive, we must make this change, but you can be sure that we will still continue to provide value well above our box pricing.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]How will the price change affect my subscription?[/SIZE]  Current subscribers will be automatically charged the new price of $33 at the beginning of August before our next box is shipped out between the 5th and 12th of the month.

[SIZE=medium]Will any additional fees be charged when I order a gift box or are charged for my subscription?[/SIZE]  No, the new price will include shipping and handling fees.  You will only be charged $33 (and tax if your state rules require it).

[SIZE=medium]What should I do if I cannot pay $33?[/SIZE]  We genuinely hope paying $33 four times a year will be affordable for everyone.  If it is not and you need to unsubscribe, please respond to this email or email [email protected] no later than August 1st.

[SIZE=medium]It is not our intention to become a giant subscription box company. Our mission has always been to provide carefully chosen, high quality, nourishing products for our Yuzen community.  We want to continue to discover and share the best of the best with you!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]We sincerely hope this change does not come as too much of a shock.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.  [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Best regards,[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Jen & Ted[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium] Yuzen[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]P.S. We currently have our Favorites Box available for $29.  If you would like to review the contents or purchase a box, please go to: http://www.yuzenbox.com/gift-yuzen-favorites/.  [/SIZE]
Not a huge deal as I've been very happy with Yuzen! Well worth the extra $4, especially since it's only once a quarter.

My monthly (now quarterly) boxes were $26 a piece.  So the price hike is $7 for me, but I really like Yuzen so I should just cancel Goodies to make up the difference.

Originally Posted by PaulaG /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My monthly (now quarterly) boxes were $26 a piece.  So the price hike is $7 for me, but I really like Yuzen so I should just cancel Goodies to make up the difference.
That's what I've decided to do as well. I have so many food allergies anyway. Not sure why I thought I'd be able to eat most of this stuff. The kids like it though, lol. 

Ah, I couldn't remember how much it was. I guess I just assumed it was the same as the favorites boxes.

I got my favorites box in yesterday and I really love it! It was packed full and everything is great and usable. :)

I just found about this box a month ago. I was excited to see they had a favorites box. Mine shipped this week. So excited I think I will continue to receive boxes from them.

In my opinion, Yuzen is the finest of the subscription boxes.  They are consistent, carefully curated, and the items are top quality.  They have great value for the price of the box.  It is understandable that they have a waiting list.  Please be patient, it is worth the wait!

Originally Posted by Superfish19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just found about this box a month ago. I was excited to see they had a favorites box. Mine shipped this week. So excited I think I will continue to receive boxes from them.
Except I think there is a waiting list for regular boxes. Favorites boxes are first come, first serve.

There is a waiting list. I've been on it since June. I ordered the favorites. Can't wait to get off the waiting list. I meant I would order more once I'm off the waiting list.

Back