Yuzen Summer 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone ordering the Favorite's box? I am thinking about it just to tide me over until the fall box!
icon_lol.gif

I ordered the favorites box last night after they revealed on Facebook what was included. I noticed this morning that they're sold out again until July and they've changed the price to $29. Still a good deal though since in the past I've calculated about $77 in value and lots of large sample sizes from the favorites boxes. I like being able to see if the contents fit my needs before I order, so I've been really happy with this one-time payment system for boxes, but with their increased popularity that might not be the case anymore. 

Ah man, I never saw a reveal. I went back to look and couldn't find it either. I thought the July favorites box was the current one.

Someone asked on Facebook what was in the May favorites box and Yuzen replied with the a list of the individual items from past boxes: 

"Our current Favorites box has perfect summer prep products - Coola sunscreen, Spa Technologies body oil, a rich Pangea facial mask, Keeki lip shimmer, a light moisturizer from Pangea, Teatulia teas, fruity energy chews... You'll love it! Thank you for ordering!"

Wow, the May favorites box really was a good one. Mine arrived in the mail today and included:

A full-sized 1.7 oz Coola Cucumber mineral facial sunscreen with spf 30 (retails for $36!), a packet of the Honey Stinger pomegranate passion energy chews, a full-sized Keeki organic lip shimmer in "flirty," 1 oz samples of  both the Pangea Organics Japanese matcha tea with acai and goji berry facial mask and the Nigerian ginger sweet lavender and thyme facial cream, a 2 oz sample of the Spa Technologies hydrating laminaria oil, and two teas from Teatulia. I'm most excited about the facial sunscreen because the ingredient list looks perfect for my skin. 

Finally posting pics of the bookmarks I made by laminating the paper from the Yuzen boxes. The back of the bookmarks are personalized. Two have small pictures of my kids and the year and Happy Mothers Day wishes to my mom and MIL. The other one I inscribed with my daughter's favorite quote and gifted it to her for her bday.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Finally posting pics of the bookmarks I made by laminating the paper from the Yuzen boxes. The back of the bookmarks are personalized. Two have small pictures of my kids and the year and Happy Mothers Day wishes to my mom and MIL. The other one I inscribed with my daughter's favorite quote and gifted it to her for her bday.
Great idea - I love how you personalized the bookmarks too!

Originally Posted by Em123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow, the May favorites box really was a good one. Mine arrived in the mail today and included:

A full-sized 1.7 oz Coola Cucumber mineral facial sunscreen with spf 30 (retails for $36!), a packet of the Honey Stinger pomegranate passion energy chews, a full-sized Keeki organic lip shimmer in "flirty," 1 oz samples of  both the Pangea Organics Japanese matcha tea with acai and goji berry facial mask and the Nigerian ginger sweet lavender and thyme facial cream, a 2 oz sample of the Spa Technologies hydrating laminaria oil, and two teas from Teatulia. I'm most excited about the facial sunscreen because the ingredient list looks perfect for my skin. 
That sounds like a fabulous box - I wish I was fast enough to see the facebook message and purchase one! I appreciate that Yuzen isn't shy about giving out spoilers :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Did anyone else order Juil shoes?  What are you using the bag that came in the shoebox for?  Is it intended to be a yoga mat bag? 

Did anyone else order Juil shoes?  What are you using the bag that came in the shoebox for?  Is it intended to be a yoga mat bag? 
My order is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm intrigued.

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My order is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm intrigued.
Great!  Let me know what style you ordered and what you think of them.  I ordered the Gaia in Black.  I was worried the little piece of fabric between the big toe and second toe may be uncomfortable but in fact the shoes are totally comfortable!  I am considering ordering another style, so let me know what you think when yours arrive (assuming you didn't order the Gaia's)! 

Originally Posted by tiffanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great!  Let me know what style you ordered and what you think of them.  I ordered the Gaia in Black.  I was worried the little piece of fabric between the big toe and second toe may be uncomfortable but in fact the shoes are totally comfortable!  I am considering ordering another style, so let me know what you think when yours arrive (assuming you didn't order the Gaia's)! 
I got my sandals and they were the Mojanda in white. I'm wearing them today, so we'll see how I feel about them by the end of the day. I'm a wee bit concerned that the straps are tight, but I think they will loosen a bit. Other than that, they feel pretty great!

I tried out the Sparitual Emerald City polish. Mine was quite sheer, I applied four coats. It seems to be wearing well. The cocomels are delish. They are so sweet I like to have one with a strong cup of tea. My favorite items from the box so far are the Pritte lotion (leaves my skin silky smooth) and the lip trio (gorgeous colors). I keep forgetting about the shower bombs so I put them on the vanity so I remember to use one during my next shower.

Originally Posted by page5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tried out the Sparitual Emerald City polish. Mine was quite sheer, I applied four coats. It seems to be wearing well.

The cocomels are delish. They are so sweet I like to have one with a strong cup of tea.

My favorite items from the box so far are the Pritte lotion (leaves my skin silky smooth) and the lip trio (gorgeous colors).

I keep forgetting about the shower bombs so I put them on the vanity so I remember to use one during my next shower.
I've had some sinus pressure the past few days and those shower bombs work so nice for relieving that. I'm going to order more of those...loved them!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've had some sinus pressure the past few days and those shower bombs work so nice for relieving that. I'm going to order more of those...loved them!
FYI, Level Naturals has their own subscription box (http://levelnaturals.com/goodbox/) that includes a box of shower bombs every month. I got the "good" level box last month and got a four-pack of shower bombs, a bath bomb, a travel candle, and a bar of soap.

Originally Posted by KayEss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

FYI, Level Naturals has their own subscription box (http://levelnaturals.com/goodbox/) that includes a box of shower bombs every month. I got the "good" level box last month and got a four-pack of shower bombs, a bath bomb, a travel candle, and a bar of soap.
I saw that on their site and I've been debating doing it. I just placed an order for the shower bombs and the bath bombs; it seems like a good deal to get the stuff sent monthly.

I must have done something wrong with the shower bomb as people seem to like them.  When I used the shower bomb I had the same sensation I have when cutting an onion...  My eyes burned...  It was a miserable experience.  Anyone else have a similar experience?   

The shower bombs definitely irritated my eyes. I thought they were just ok. I used mine when I was sick and it did help clear my sinuses a bit, but it didn't last long and it wasn't a relaxing spa experience! I might use them again when I'm sick though. I now have 3 boxes of them between their own sub box and the Yuzen box!

Originally Posted by tiffanys /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I must have done something wrong with the shower bomb as people seem to like them.  When I used the shower bomb I had the same sensation I have when cutting an onion...  My eyes burned...  It was a miserable experience.  Anyone else have a similar experience?   
Some people are very sensitive to menthol and eucalyptus.  My husband is that way.  I could literally bathe in menthol, but his eyes burn, water and his nose burns too.  He can't come within a foot of it.  So these shower bombs would be terrible for him too. 

Where did everyone put the shower bomb in their shower? I started out on a lower shelf but it didn't seem to be getting wet so I moved it to the floor then it slipped down the drain while I was rinsing the shampoo from my hair! Dang it!! Maybe i'll try one of the higher shelves next time . . .

Back