Days 21-30 of the 100 No Buy Challenge

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@@Jenn10 I think my cc does something like this too but I'm afraid to look!

@ like I tell my kids all the time, "own it". And you did! We aren't perfect, no one is. But by owning an action, good ones and not good ones, is being honest with ourselves about choices we make and is what ultimately allows us to change. And that is actually harder for more people to do than you would think.

Most people walk around lying to themselves all day, lol!

@@eastofthesun, I am with Chase, see if you can find your summary document in your cc statement page? 

I used to have at least two body washes and ~5 soaps in my "stock" anytime, but I got tired of having too many, so I decided to make it a goal to have only 1 body wash and 1 soap at anytime, and I am very close to that goal-- I started with ~8 soaps in summer so it took me months to get to currently having 2 soaps. If you like the idea of it, definitely make it a goal for yourself! Body wash products are easiest to manage because... well, you use at least once everyday. 

I used to believe I have to have 2 of anything like shampoos,conditioners,body washes in my shower because I get bored of same thing, but during January I realized that's not necessarily true-- and my shower looks much better now : P

I am considering to return a product on Saturday. Under spoiler here:

I am considering of returning Too Faced semi-sweet chocolate bar palette to Sephora ($53). If I do so, I may allow myself a purchase under $30 the same day. It may be same category (eyeshadow). Do you think it is breaking the no-buy?

@@EggyBread Be strong, but remember it's okay to be sad too. You can be both at the same time!

I feel lately like I've been drowning in makeup. I'm going through the WHOLE stash today but then I'm going shopping... for every two items I purge, I allow myself one item bought. It's with my birthday money so it's okay, right?

Forgive me no-buy forum, for I have purchased :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was doing so good and then I made the mistake of stopping into Walgreens for some things and the beauty section was CALLING TO ME. 

I bought lipstick (of ALL the things I do not need) and liquid eyeliner. My only defense is that I had $5 in rewards points so it really only cost me $3 total. But I still feel kind of guilty.
I slipped up in Days 11-20 and even though it was just $6.99, I still felt just awful, and I didn't even have a coupon or anything. It was also calling to me. I even tried returning it because I felt so bad, even though I really didn't want to return it. But TJMaxx won't take returns on beauty items, even if you didn't open it. Now I'm stuck with it and my mistake. But, I'm going to try to fix it by doing a few things to make up for it. I say you're doing pretty good for only spending $3, and now that you know what it feels like to slip up, like me, you may not make that mistake again. Enjoy your goodies for now!

@ could you return it? Good job posting it on here. That's a huge step.
Agreed- big step!

@ Could you hold off using it until the No-Buy is over? I'd hate for you to lose your rewards points.Thanks for confessing this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Good idea!

Edit to be even more rambly: A capsule wardrobe is a little intimidating for me. By getting rid of clothes I don't love, and only acquiring things that I do love, I'm finding a happy medium.

Even if you're not doing a minimalist capsule wardrobe, curating your clothing is worth the time and effort.
I agree- I may not be comfortable sparing down to a 20- piece wardrobe, but I definitely want to do something about it, and I love the idea of minimalism in every sector of my life!

I think what I'm going to do when I get a chance is:

1. Develop a 'uniform' for work and a 'uniform' for casual days and kind of... stick to that.

2. I'm going to use Into Mind's color palette samples to purge some colors of clothing I have that I don't wear because it clashes with most of what I have (Navy blue and grey).

3. I'm going to try to get rid of things I don't wear, and consider making a blanket of shirts that are just sentimental.

Other capsule wardrobe articles if anyone else is interested:

http://www.xojane.com/clothes/project-33-capsule-wardrobe

http://www.xojane.com/clothes/personal-style-capsule-wardrobe

http://into-mind.com/2012/12/20/building-a-capsule-wardrobe-101/

@@EggyBread I'm thinking good thoughts for you. I had something similar a few years ago, so big hugs for you.

My workout plan for the week has been derailed due to a lingering illness. I have gone walking with the dog each morning, so that's something at least. I'm hoping to feel well enough tomorrow to at least do a short evening walk.

I did buy a restock of an item that I was missing to complete a set of something. However, I did cancel Birchbox (after getting a box for close to three years), so I'll consider that a wash.

Starting this weekend I need to kick up my organization and get back into a good routine in general. I've been slacking pretty bad due to being sick which has resulted in me being in a funk lately.
I'm sorry you're still feeling ill. I think it's awesome that you're still getting out to walk your dogs and get some exercise!

Also, good for you for cancelling Birchbox, that is so AWESOME!!! That sounds like a huge step and you were strong enough to take it!

@@Jenn10 I think my cc does something like this too but I'm afraid to look!

@ like I tell my kids all the time, "own it". And you did! We aren't perfect, no one is. But by owning an action, good ones and not good ones, is being honest with ourselves about choices we make and is what ultimately allows us to change. And that is actually harder for more people to do than you would think.

Most people walk around lying to themselves all day, lol!
Yes, it's so important to own up to yourself and others about your mistakes. I'm trying to really do a good job of that this year- being more honest to myself and others!

@@eastofthesun, I am with Chase, see if you can find your summary document in your cc statement page? 

I used to have at least two body washes and ~5 soaps in my "stock" anytime, but I got tired of having too many, so I decided to make it a goal to have only 1 body wash and 1 soap at anytime, and I am very close to that goal-- I started with ~8 soaps in summer so it took me months to get to currently having 2 soaps. If you like the idea of it, definitely make it a goal for yourself! Body wash products are easiest to manage because... well, you use at least once everyday. 

I used to believe I have to have 2 of anything like shampoos,conditioners,body washes in my shower because I get bored of same thing, but during January I realized that's not necessarily true-- and my shower looks much better now : P

I am considering to return a product on Saturday. Under spoiler here:

I am considering of returning Too Faced semi-sweet chocolate bar palette to Sephora ($53). If I do so, I may allow myself a purchase under $30 the same day. It may be same category (eyeshadow). Do you think it is breaking the no-buy?
Thanks, Jenn! I have Chase too, but I never saw a statement, so I guess it's electronic for me. I'll check into it!!

I personally think that returning something and then buying something for less than or equal to that price isn't breaking the no-buy, but it depends on what rules you set out for yourself. At the beginning of this challenge I returned $50 worth of product I bought but didn't need to Sephora. But I told myself I wasn't going to turn around and spend that. But it's a different scenario because that's kind of the rule I gave myself.

But technically you won't be spending money, and I'm assuming you'll be getting something you'll get more use out of, and that you've thought about it for a while and that it's not an impulse purchase, so I think it is ok and that you're not breaking it. But tell me if I'm being too enable-y. I don't want to be that way. I just want to be truthful but supportive! I'm not always good at being firm, but I'm trying! I just think it's good that you're asking yourself that question.

@@EggyBread Be strong, but remember it's okay to be sad too. You can be both at the same time!

I feel lately like I've been drowning in makeup. I'm going through the WHOLE stash today but then I'm going shopping... for every two items I purge, I allow myself one item bought. It's with my birthday money so it's okay, right?
Oh yes, if you are using your birthday money AND purging as a prereq, you are doing awesome and not breaking your no-buy, I don't think.

I just got a giftcard to Ulta and I'm trying to tell myself I can use it after my no-buy. I think I'll use it for allowed repurchases unless I don't run out of anything and in that case I might try to wait and use it in April. I'm also thinking that maybe I can use it towards a haircut? I really need a trim and to kind of get my bangs back in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't been on here lately...I haven't had the motivation at times. And the times I've had the motivation, I've been at work, ha.

A few things have been going on. I have a bad habit of off again, on again, biting my nails. I've been trying to stop and with my lack of posting on here...I've fallen off the wagon. I'm going to try to do a spoiler, but I apologize if it didn't work...

I bought the UD Vice LTD from Ulta on Sunday :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> $63...ugh. I had been doing so well, 3 weeks without buying anything that was on my restricted list. And then, then!, I bought a Mac blush online from FB. Sigh. I need to stop looking at facebook. I feel myself buying more when I look on facebook. I did pick up the monthly box from julep, but I used my jules, so it didn't cost me anything, so I still consider that OK. So, I fell off the wagon to a tune of $100. However, things that were on my OK list: new LE Mac collections. I did buy a couple things today from the new collection, but I really narrowed my list and in the past, I would have just bought all of the lipsticks.

So, I need to keep checking this, and keep active in other areas of my life. We are starting to foster a cat on Monday (well, we already have 4, hence my name), and I will be cleaning and such this weekend in our spare room. I just need to focus my energy elsewhere...Even though I fell off the wagon, this isn't the end of my no buy. I'm really beginning to tell that it's an addiction, and I need to keep my guard up.

Good news, using a lot of stuff up! Have a reusable tote FULL to donate to the shelter, so that's great!

Keep it up ladies...

I slipped up in Days 11-20 and even though it was just $6.99, I still felt just awful, and I didn't even have a coupon or anything. It was also calling to me. I even tried returning it because I felt so bad, even though I really didn't want to return it. But TJMaxx won't take returns on beauty items, even if you didn't open it. Now I'm stuck with it and my mistake. But, I'm going to try to fix it by doing a few things to make up for it.
@@eastofthesun It's not your fault you cannot return it. You tried. Think instead of all the great things you have done during this no buy - like leaving super thoughtful comments on everyone's posts all the time, to inspire us! 

The little slip will not have set you back so much. No one is ever perfect at not spending. I have not bought any cosmetics yet during the no buy, but I did other bad things - like getting myself popcorn and Coke at the movies! 

Thanks, Jenn! I have Chase too, but I never saw a statement, so I guess it's electronic for me. I'll check into it!!   I personally think that returning something and then buying something for less than or equal to that price isn't breaking the no-buy, but it depends on what rules you set out for yourself. At the beginning of this challenge I returned $50 worth of product I bought but didn't need to Sephora. But I told myself I wasn't going to turn around and spend that. But it's a different scenario because that's kind of the rule I gave myself.   But technically you won't be spending money, and I'm assuming you'll be getting something you'll get more use out of, and that you've thought about it for a while and that it's not an impulse purchase, so I think it is ok and that you're not breaking it. But tell me if I'm being too enable-y. I don't want to be that way. I just want to be truthful but supportive! I'm not always good at being firm, but I'm trying! I just think it's good that you're asking yourself that question.
All my cc statements are electronic and when you go to "view my statement" page, if you read the instructions, there is a link to go to Year End Summary page.  =)

First I want to thank you for reading my spoiler Hehehhh. I didn't set a rule for what I can do for returning at the beginning of the challenge, I reported here when I returned something to Ulta for store credit, I got facial wipes; I returned a rose water (it was for cooking not for face, I mistakenly thought it was for face and... well, long story short, it broke me out.) to Amazon and it was directly to my cc. For this Sephora return, well, I will be thinking about what to buy till Saturday, sort out what I will "need". But if I end up "want"ing something really bad that is under $26 (half of what I am returning), does it count as breaking rule? I am not asking you to make decision for me- just typing out my thoughts loud. Thank you very much for your kind support. I will keep thinking-- Honestly, this type of thinking is so.... enjoyable compared to many other things :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

I bought something today--it felt so weird.  I did not break my no buy.  I bought round pads for taking off makeup, etc since I was completely out, and picked up a makeup remover, since I am about one week away from finishing my only one.  I figured going to the store once would be less tempting than two trips.  After not buying for a while though, it felt odd to do it, even though they were allowed items.  

Of course, I realized that I still have to go to the store a second time because they were out of the kind of razors I use.  No razors means no shaving.  And no shaving means I can't use up that silly after shave gel!  I need razors to complete my no-buy. 

Hi All.  Sorry I have been MIA from this thread for a while but I have been feeling very negative nancy and figured if I could not say anything nice, to not say anything at all!

I also had a slip up.  I bought something online for a gift from Sephora and added 3 things to the cart for me (that I do not need or want).  I plan on returning them all as, as soon as I hit purchase I knew I did not want or need the items and it is breaking my no buy.  I felt I could justify the NM MoC shadows as they were LE and it is something I would have bought on BF if I had been able to.

Other than that same old same old.  I bought cycling shoes for my spin class and am so happy I did!  It completely changes my work out game (and I got them on clearance!).  I have been using up a ton of empties and going through my stash to find out what products from which categories to use next.

It is rainy and dreary here but I know the sun will come out eventually so trying to focus on the good and not the bad!

I have been following along with all of you and am proud of the accomplishments of the group!

Happy Friday Eve!

Had no actual goals for days 21-30, but after my little birthday exception to the no-buy, I'm back on the horse. One thing I managed to do was get my vanity dusted and cleaned up a bit, and it's surprising how much change a little wood polish and duster can do to make me feel a lot more excited to sit down and get ready in the morning. 

I also went through a week ago and totally emptied out my closet, then picked about 30 pieces of clothing/shoes/jewelry after having learned about project333 and the capsule wardrobe. It's amazing how, when my options are limited, somehow my outfits get more polished and fun. I've received non stop compliments about my outfits, which is hilarious because these people have seen those same clothing items over and over without commenting, but when paired differently to complement my figure, everyone notices. since my clothes are now mostly neutral or grey/black, it has allowed me a whole lotta room to go experiment with the makeup...bold eyes or bold cheeks or bold lips. Pretty fun. I think I will take this idea of a capsule wardrobe into spring and re-do it once the weather warms up. 

EDIT: I'm with you @ ! Maintaining the tidiness is 10x harder than cleaning in the first place. That's what I'm also working on. 

I fell off my working out bandwagon, it's just something I seriously struggle with, so for the next 10 days I'll give it a hard try again. x-x. I'll also try to start organizing other areas of the home like i did my vanity and closet... it just makes everything much more pleasant. And of course, as always, no spending money. that's the first rule of the game! 
Day 30...probably won't be in tomorrow since it's saturday so checking in today! 

Did well on no spending money. Did ok on cleaning, need to do more of that. Did not do so well on the working out...I'm often so tired that I just straight up forget to. 

Anyways... been a long week and glad it's done. Will take the weekend to reflect on what I want my goals to be for february, but glad we're already 30 days through! 

I finally managed to give away the big box of things I purged on Freecycle. People kept contacting me and saying they wanted it and then never getting back to me. But someone finally showed up. I probably got rid of more than 100 things, nail polish and various makeup. A lot of it was really nice and almost new (or brand new) but just didn't suit me. I'm so glad it's gone!

But I'm not going to follow the 2 out 1 in rule, because I definitely don't need 50 new things. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, here we are on Day 30!!! WOW!!!

I never got my goals ready for this section... but I'm working hard today to lay out my goals for days 31-40!!! I will have them up by tomorrow morning!!!!

@@eastofthesun, a haircut sounds great!
Also, I ended up purging more than I planned... I gave a lot of stuff to my sister, so I'm gonna change this to 4-out, one-in.
Wow, 4-out-1-in is so awesome! Good for you!!!!

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think I'll use my $20 gift card for a haircut. I don't know how much a haircut costs... I thihnk $30? So I'll be out $10 + tip, which will probably be $10 or $15. But that's not bad, and is better than buying something I didn't need. Well, I do need some more hand cream, but I could really just use other things instead.... we'll see!

I haven't been on here lately...I haven't had the motivation at times. And the times I've had the motivation, I've been at work, ha.

A few things have been going on. I have a bad habit of off again, on again, biting my nails. I've been trying to stop and with my lack of posting on here...I've fallen off the wagon. I'm going to try to do a spoiler, but I apologize if it didn't work...

I bought the UD Vice LTD from Ulta on Sunday :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> $63...ugh. I had been doing so well, 3 weeks without buying anything that was on my restricted list. And then, then!, I bought a Mac blush online from FB. Sigh. I need to stop looking at facebook. I feel myself buying more when I look on facebook. I did pick up the monthly box from julep, but I used my jules, so it didn't cost me anything, so I still consider that OK. So, I fell off the wagon to a tune of $100. However, things that were on my OK list: new LE Mac collections. I did buy a couple things today from the new collection, but I really narrowed my list and in the past, I would have just bought all of the lipsticks.
So, I need to keep checking this, and keep active in other areas of my life. We are starting to foster a cat on Monday (well, we already have 4, hence my name), and I will be cleaning and such this weekend in our spare room. I just need to focus my energy elsewhere...Even though I fell off the wagon, this isn't the end of my no buy. I'm really beginning to tell that it's an addiction, and I need to keep my guard up.

Good news, using a lot of stuff up! Have a reusable tote FULL to donate to the shelter, so that's great!

Keep it up ladies...
I have a nail biting habit too... actually, mine is kind of weird because I don't bite my nails, but I pick at the cuticles and the skin around them when it's dry it drives me crazy and I absent-mindedly just pick at it. Eugh. It really wrecks the look of my hands and is unsanitary. I have been trying to kick this habit for YEARS. Once I didn't do it for 30 days (this past July) and I thought I was cured, but I started up again. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I think we can both do it, it'll just take a lot of steps forward, with some steps back, but we'll get there!

Also, I'm sorry about your slip-up. I know that doesn't feel good. It's good that some of that stuff was on your OK list, and it seems like for the most part you weren't mindlessly spending, so I hope you don't feel too terrible. If this slip-up works for you like it did for me, it'll be a good thing to happen so early because you feel how guilty it is to slip up that you don't want to do it again!

@@eastofthesun It's not your fault you cannot return it. You tried. Think instead of all the great things you have done during this no buy - like leaving super thoughtful comments on everyone's posts all the time, to inspire us! 

The little slip will not have set you back so much. No one is ever perfect at not spending. I have not bought any cosmetics yet during the no buy, but I did other bad things - like getting myself popcorn and Coke at the movies! 
Thanks Edith!!! That is so sweet and kind of you to say!!! Hehe, yeah, I hate how movie snacks are so expensive but SO tempting! By the way, I really like your name! A woman I once knew growing up was named Edith and she was so sweet, and you prove that all Ediths are AWESOME!

All my cc statements are electronic and when you go to "view my statement" page, if you read the instructions, there is a link to go to Year End Summary page.  =)

First I want to thank you for reading my spoiler Hehehhh. I didn't set a rule for what I can do for returning at the beginning of the challenge, I reported here when I returned something to Ulta for store credit, I got facial wipes; I returned a rose water (it was for cooking not for face, I mistakenly thought it was for face and... well, long story short, it broke me out.) to Amazon and it was directly to my cc. For this Sephora return, well, I will be thinking about what to buy till Saturday, sort out what I will "need". But if I end up "want"ing something really bad that is under $26 (half of what I am returning), does it count as breaking rule? I am not asking you to make decision for me- just typing out my thoughts loud. Thank you very much for your kind support. I will keep thinking-- Honestly, this type of thinking is so.... enjoyable compared to many other things :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Thanks, Jenn! I'll give that a try! I should really pay more attention to the financial tools at my fingertips! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You're doing really good with your thoughts. I still have those daydreams about what I'd buy and how I'd time it, etc. Hahah, it *is* pretty fun. I am trying to not do that as much, but it kind of helps a little to curb my spending because I don't do it, I just think it. Hehehe.

I bought something today--it felt so weird.  I did not break my no buy.  I bought round pads for taking off makeup, etc since I was completely out, and picked up a makeup remover, since I am about one week away from finishing my only one.  I figured going to the store once would be less tempting than two trips.  After not buying for a while though, it felt odd to do it, even though they were allowed items.  

Of course, I realized that I still have to go to the store a second time because they were out of the kind of razors I use.  No razors means no shaving.  And no shaving means I can't use up that silly after shave gel!  I need razors to complete my no-buy. 
Wow, you're doing great! Sorry you have to go to the store a second time, but I'm pretty sure razors are on your 'ok to buy list', espeically in our society where we're expected to be all hairless. Eugh. Heheh. TMI alert! Sometimes I don't shave my legs during the winter for a really long time. But it was driving me nuts so last night I shaved.

Hi All.  Sorry I have been MIA from this thread for a while but I have been feeling very negative nancy and figured if I could not say anything nice, to not say anything at all!

I also had a slip up.  I bought something online for a gift from Sephora and added 3 things to the cart for me (that I do not need or want).  I plan on returning them all as, as soon as I hit purchase I knew I did not want or need the items and it is breaking my no buy.  I felt I could justify the NM MoC shadows as they were LE and it is something I would have bought on BF if I had been able to.

Other than that same old same old.  I bought cycling shoes for my spin class and am so happy I did!  It completely changes my work out game (and I got them on clearance!).  I have been using up a ton of empties and going through my stash to find out what products from which categories to use next.

It is rainy and dreary here but I know the sun will come out eventually so trying to focus on the good and not the bad!

I have been following along with all of you and am proud of the accomplishments of the group!

Happy Friday Eve!
I'm sorry you've been feeling negative lately. You're usually so pumped and go-getter, so I hope nothing bad happened to make you feel that way. Sometimes I just wake up and feel really grumpy. Hahah. For no reason. And then sometimes I'm in a funk for a whole week. Right now I'm feeling alright but I am really not motivated in terms of exercise. The other day I had a really hard time pulling my pants up and thought, "It's too late, I'll never get rid of this- I should have been more proactive." But I'm thinking that's not the case and I need to get back on that horse and do my exercise- regardless of what size I want to fit. I just need to do it for my health and sanity! You are always such an inspiration in that respect!

Day 30...probably won't be in tomorrow since it's saturday so checking in today! 

Did well on no spending money. Did ok on cleaning, need to do more of that. Did not do so well on the working out...I'm often so tired that I just straight up forget to. 

Anyways... been a long week and glad it's done. Will take the weekend to reflect on what I want my goals to be for february, but glad we're already 30 days through! 
Yes, 30 days is amazing!!!! I can't believe us all... buys, I've never successfully done a no-buy month, so this is just making me feel so stoked!

Good job on the spending front!!! I have also not worked out this past week. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I finally managed to give away the big box of things I purged on Freecycle. People kept contacting me and saying they wanted it and then never getting back to me. But someone finally showed up. I probably got rid of more than 100 things, nail polish and various makeup. A lot of it was really nice and almost new (or brand new) but just didn't suit me. I'm so glad it's gone!

But I'm not going to follow the 2 out 1 in rule, because I definitely don't need 50 new things. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Awesome!!! That is great! Now someone else gets to enjoy that stuff! Go you!

Holy Toledo we made it through another 10 days! Go team! (Celebrating a little early over here because I definitely won't have time to buy anything for the rest of the day!)

I can't believe I've gone a month without buying anything makeup or clothes related. I'm starting to feel the itch, but at the same time it is getting easier to resist. I know I have a nice reward coming up if I make it half way through, so that is helping me hold out. 

In the next 10 days, or maybe the one after, I will probably need to buy a true replacement. It is an overnight lip mask, and while I could probably try to make do with my normal chapstick, I consider this product a true holy grail (especially for winter!). I've been trying to stretch what's left by alternating every other night with chapstick because honestly, I feel weird about buying it, even though it is an allowed replacement! 

At the start of this, I also allowed myself to spend $50 on non-makeup non-replacement purchases (think bath/body stuff, candles, etc.). I haven't used any of that yet, and I'm starting to wonder if I will. I like having it there in case something comes up, but thus far, I've been content to not use it. 

Wow another 10 days!! With my allowed birthday gift out of the way (my birthday is in February but the item I wanted came out on the 11th) and no other makeup items tempting me, I finally made it through 21-30 without any cosmetic spending!! I'm not on a no buy for anything else so I did purchase some yarn (for projects, which I completed the day I purchased it), indie perfume oils (I always plan ahead for their seasonal collections), and food-related items. No clothing since January 2, no shoes since July, and no handbags since the one I got for Christmas. Oh and I purchased some cotton pads but I don't include things like that either, although I am trying to change my habits to using washable cotton fabric rounds. I also spent some money on a swap, but it's my first one and I don't anticipate doing that often - plus it wasn't cosmetics so I didn't have to shop for that and I won't be getting any in return.

It's always interesting looking back over everything you've purchased for a month! Seems like a lot more when it's all in one place! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've really noticed a decrease in the amount of time I spend looking in stores on the way home. Plus with all my decluttering it's been a lot easier to keep things clean and organized. January seemed to be a big month for spending, just with school expenses, collections coming out, and other random things. I'm thinking February/March will be pretty easy. April might be tough for me with exam stress.. but I'm determined to do the 100 days with no cosmetic purchases. Just gotta stay on top of it!

Here's my Day 30 update:

• Did not buy anything other than an allowed restock of my special hand soap (eczema means most soaps are irritants so I have to be picky).
  • Canceled my PSMH subscription. This is just crazy (for me) and not something I would have seen myself doing under any circumstances up until two weeks ago. I took a look at my finances though and decided a gym membership would be healthier and overall better for me and I couldn't have both.
  • As such, I am down to only a few subs that are all prepaid through 6 months or a year. The only monthly I'm still getting is Petit Vour. 
  • Used up so many sample packets, little tubes, and even full sized products! (I didn't count but I loved the sound of each empty container hitting the trash.)
  • Started on my capsule wardrobe! I still need to sort out the last of the pieces and make sure all of the clothes truly mesh and are of a similar color scheme. I also need to choose my shoes. And finally even though there was no limit on the number of loungewear items we could keep I feel that I have way too many tanks/tees for sleeping/lounging and I should do some purging there. 
  • Sorted out my makeup and only kept my "love and would purchase again" items in my primary drawer. Everything else is tucked into a box in my closet. 
In the next 10 days I need to:

• Complete my capsule wardrobe.
  • Make a necessary purchase of a new nude bra as I just had to trash my old one thanks to the dreaded underwire issue. (In my initial commitment to this I had already decided clothing was a low buy category so I'm okay with this.) That said, this will come out of my monthly budget! It won't go on a credit card!
  • Nail polish! My nails have gone undone for a few weeks and I want to pay closer attention to them. 
  • Also, use a mask at least twice this week. Likely one of those nifty sheet masks or something hydrating. 

Back