Decoterie - New Decor/Lifestyle Box + Code! *Spoilers*

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i agree about the indulgence part! im always trying to search and find more special or higher end boxes but usually they are for men or fashion or just not a good mix of products that would be worth shelling out the dough...

but for this box, i think you are still mistaken because it has been repeated here and on blogs numerous times that the spoiler pillow was incorrect. it was simply an image that was pulled from her website and said to be a spoiler and the blogger then corrected herself, so wouldnt call that dishonest if it was the blogger's responsibility to fact check. i think the very first official spoiler was on instagram and the email newsletter, way after the promotion and everything. im sure the fabric for all the main stuff is better, but looking forward to seeing the fall box based on what the last email said about materials! i think the coasters are gorgeous, doesnt look like money was ran out, maybe just not your personal taste since im sure the artist who makes them doesnt find her work to be cheap looking :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  but again, dont see where this was commented on like you said. ive only seen a few real spoilers directly from them, the rest are guesses! overall i just follow on instagram and love everything so far. rather wait for fall though, maybe more luxe then!

lol poor red pillow. reminds me of ugly russian decor...all red!
Your coasters are gorgeous ???  Will you post a picture of them.  Mine are made are paper and ugly

@@vegmakeup4life I can't find the post where it is discussed on this thread that that the pillow spoiler is incorrect.I don't recall reading that anywhere and want to read it, please :) I'm curious.. Email is subjective so I am hoping my tone is coming across correctly. :)

I posted a bunch of pictures on the blog. Here are the highlights. It's behind the spoiler tag so I don't eat up someone's cell phone data plan.

DE14.jpg

The pillow and candle would look great together in a room. I still don't like it because all I see is black and white. I love color.

IMG_1151.JPG

The candle has an amazing scent. I received vanilla and hazelnut. The Carrera marble container is heavy. I'm sure that others would love this candle. I am torn between burning it beacuse I love the scent or gifting it. Sadly, all I see is black when I look at the candle. I don't think it would bother me as much if I had a different throw pillow.

DE9.jpg

This is the scarf in natural light. I love that the scarf is vibrant.

DB15.jpg

Part of the gold leaf trim stuck to the tissue paper when I opened it. I think it is due to the heat. I love the colors and would like the coasters much better without the trim.

DB16.jpg

This is the back of the coaster. I notice there are bubble spots on my coaster and more gold leaf trim is flaking off. The quality is not what I was expecting from this box.

DB18.jpg

The leather case: It's smaller than I expected. I will find a use for it.

DB19.jpg

Ceramic tray: It's impressive that a personalized item is included.

DB21.jpg

I love the thank you cards!

See why it is a mix bag for me? It's not the curator's fault that I don't like the pillow and candle. I am sure there are many people that would love the variation. For me, the price point is at a spot where I am less forgiving if I don't like the variations. $100.00+ is a lot to spend on a box that you don't like. I realize that is the deal when it comes to mystery boxes. This time it did not work out for me.

@@vegmakeup4life I can't find the post where it is discussed on this thread that that the pillow spoiler is incorrect.I don't recall reading that anywhere and want to read it, please :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I'm curious.. Email is subjective so I am hoping my tone is coming across correctly. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I posted a bunch of pictures on the blog. Here are the highlights. It's behind the spoiler tag so I don't eat up someone's cell phone data plan.

DE14.jpg

The pillow and candle would look great together in a room. I still don't like it because all I see is black and white. I love color.

IMG_1151.JPG

The candle has an amazing scent. I received vanilla and hazelnut. The Carrera marble container is heavy. I'm sure that others would love this candle. I am torn between burning it beacuse I love the scent or gifting it. Sadly, all I see is black when I look at the candle. I don't think it would bother me as much if I had a different throw pillow.

DE9.jpg

This is the scarf in natural light. I love that the scarf is vibrant.

DB15.jpg

Part of the gold leaf trim stuck to the tissue paper when I opened it. I think it is due to the heat. I love the colors and would like the coasters much better without the trim.

DB16.jpg

This is the back of the coaster. I notice there are bubble spots on my coaster and more gold leaf trim is flaking off. The quality is not what I was expecting from this box.

DB18.jpg

The leather case: It's smaller than I expected. I will find a use for it.

DB19.jpg

Ceramic tray: It's impressive that a personalized item is included.

DB21.jpg

I love the thank you cards!

See why it is a mix bag for me? It's not the curator's fault that I don't like the pillow and candle. I am sure there are many people that would love the variation. For me, the price point is at a spot where I am less forgiving if I don't like the variations. $100.00+ is a lot to spend on a box that you don't like. I realize that is the deal when it comes to mystery boxes. This time it did not work out for me.
 your candle is nothing  like mine.  Mine is not marble or black its glass... strange. I am sad I would really have loved the black candle.   I guess they ran out of the nicer ones

candle    29.87

plate with name  10.00

coasters(if you want to call them that)  24.00 

how come she listed the retail on these items on her card at 60.00 for the candle   $35 for coasters  and $15 for tray....  that's not very nice !!!

I feel bad. I been reading and It's like we are purposefully just ignoring the email newsletter that was sent for the sake of having something to do on a lazy Sunday and complaining is usually a good time killer. But it did clearly state that similar items are on websites but the exact ones are custom. My moms friend does that terra essential oil company thing and makes candles and I know the organic versions are costly to make so even though a couple of the scents are on etsy the rest are custom so that means new testing and product had to be purchased to make it, naturally inflating the cost. I agree the card should have said 30-60 not just $60 for the marble version which is more confusing.

The trays I read were slightly bigger to account for all various names being added and again there is no version on that etsy link with both a custom name and heart together, so we are spending all this time complaining over it not bing "nice" that a few more dollars was paid to the maker for a huge custom order? I get caught up too but time is better spent appreciating the fact that this was the first box to actually see us as individual people! I mean it has our actual names, how sweet, come on haha

I agree about the coasters though. With a little bit of googling I saw that they were $30 last week on Google cache so this reminds me of PSMH when they had one price but the brand marked everything down to take advantage of the situation with all the new attention and then the box gets blamed. That's not fair at all, it's not the box but perhaps there needs to be new standards where they contract a price for a certain time?

I still think the red variation of the pillow is god awful, sorry I just do. The others are pretty but I hate red. But isn't that the purpose of swapping? One can't expect a box to be a mind reader and know we don't like neutrals, but thinking ahead and offering varied so one can swap was thoughtful and sooo much better than us all getting that ugly one. Plus annual subscribers get a lifetime discount to anything on the website so if you like the real marble so much just buy them, what's the problem? Are we that far removed from paying real value vs discount we refuse to? The coasters were never on a visual spoiler so I can't understand how that was at all misleading. The only spoiler was clutch and tray. Just cuz you secretly want something and didn't get it doesn't mak the box misleading. As well as the clutches looking bigger in the Instagram image. How? It was on a neutral background with nothing next to it for scale! I just feel when boxes try so hard to be transparent and we still do this it discourages them and then we get Little Lace Box type behavior in return since it feels like it's impossible to please us. Anywho just my two cents. Instagram comments are so nice and then on here it's more negative as if the box was horrible. I love all the attention to detail, customer service, and transparency of the curator. We also were taught this thing called 'cost per wear' value. At the end of the day gonna use the bag to death, the candle daily, and the nice touch of having a pillow insert to do whatever we want...those are the small things deserving my attention, not minuscule discrepancies and wishing my box was physchic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> although maybe we should all rally that they add style forms for us to fill out to avoid the color thing?! Lol sorry for the brain dump my boyfriend has me in a major challenge-both-sides mood lately as he preps for his thesis :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@vegmakeup4life thank you for your post because it wasn't until after reading your post and from one other is when I learned that not all of the posted spoilers are from the actual designer or curator which makes me feel a whole lot better and unfortunately I never saw the corrections regarding the pillow spoiler. Nonetheless, I do not hate my box; there are many items I truly do like so I do not regret purchasing the box. I too love her products on her Instagram page.

I feel bad. I been reading and It's like we are purposefully just ignoring the email newsletter that was sent for the sake of having something to do on a lazy Sunday and complaining is usually a good time killer. But it did clearly state that similar items are on websites but the exact ones are custom. My moms friend does that terra essential oil company thing and makes candles and I know the organic versions are costly to make so even though a couple of the scents are on etsy the rest are custom so that means new testing and product had to be purchased to make it, naturally inflating the cost. I agree the card should have said 30-60 not just $60 for the marble version which is more confusing.

The trays I read were slightly bigger to account for all various names being added and again there is no version on that etsy link with both a custom name and heart together, so we are spending all this time complaining over it not bing "nice" that a few more dollars was paid to the maker for a huge custom order? I get caught up too but time is better spent appreciating the fact that this was the first box to actually see us as individual people! I mean it has our actual names, how sweet, come on haha

I agree about the coasters though. With a little bit of googling I saw that they were $30 last week on Google cache so this reminds me of PSMH when they had one price but the brand marked everything down to take advantage of the situation with all the new attention and then the box gets blamed. That's not fair at all, it's not the box but perhaps there needs to be new standards where they contract a price for a certain time?

I still think the red variation of the pillow is god awful, sorry I just do. The others are pretty but I hate red. But isn't that the purpose of swapping? One can't expect a box to be a mind reader and know we don't like neutrals, but thinking ahead and offering varied so one can swap was thoughtful and sooo much better than us all getting that ugly one. Plus annual subscribers get a lifetime discount to anything on the website so if you like the real marble so much just buy them, what's the problem? Are we that far removed from paying real value vs discount we refuse to? The coasters were never on a visual spoiler so I can't understand how that was at all misleading. The only spoiler was clutch and tray. Just cuz you secretly want something and didn't get it doesn't mak the box misleading. As well as the clutches looking bigger in the Instagram image. How? It was on a neutral background with nothing next to it for scale! I just feel when boxes try so hard to be transparent and we still do this it discourages them and then we get Little Lace Box type behavior in return since it feels like it's impossible to please us. Anywho just my two cents. Instagram comments are so nice and then on here it's more negative as if the box was horrible. I love all the attention to detail, customer service, and transparency of the curator. We also were taught this thing called 'cost per wear' value. At the end of the day gonna use the bag to death, the candle daily, and the nice touch of having a pillow insert to do whatever we want...those are the small things deserving my attention, not minuscule discrepancies and wishing my box was physchic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> although maybe we should all rally that they add style forms for us to fill out to avoid the color thing?! Lol sorry for the brain dump my boyfriend has me in a major challenge-both-sides mood lately as he preps for his thesis :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
they're all listed on this blog - which is an official blog linked from her website: 

http://www.bitsandboxes.com/2015/07/decoterie-summer-2015-home-decor-box.html

For what it's worth, I love the coasters. But I don't have a box to see if there is anything that people see in person.  It looks like they are clay. which is super cute.  to me. 

Yeah I noticed that which is I think she hasn't posted or link to my subscription addiction because of all the mistakes Liz made with the coupon code which upset so many people and then again still not correcting the spoiler that still says all the wire even weeks later. At least Liz did go ahead and add a disclaimer correcting something she posted wrong but the other bloggers haven't so it's still confusing people who are just now learning about the box. Oh well not much one can do about the entire Internet! :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

@@vegmakeup4life thank you for your post because it wasn't until after reading your post and from one other is when I learned that not all of the posted spoilers are from the actual designer or curator which makes me feel a whole lot better and unfortunately I never saw the corrections regarding the pillow spoiler. Nonetheless, I do not hate my box; there are many items I truly do like so I do not regret purchasing the box. I too love her products on her Instagram page.
You're welcome! This will make my bf very proud to hear

My Sundays are not lazy. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I think my candle is marble. It looks like it and is heavy. It does state marble on the box.

@vegmakeup4life  People are going to have different reactions. I'm not interested in spending more money on an expensive box by swapping. I do have her letter on the blog I write for and it is also linked in the review.  I also want to live the life where people can just go and buy a marble candle just because they like it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

People are welcome to think I am crazy for not liking my pillow or candle. I am fine with that. As I stated in my review, I HATE black and white. It has nothing to do with what other people received. The material collects hair and dust, I don't feel comfortable swapping my pillow cover in that state. The candle is black (looks and feels marble to me) and the gold trim peeled partly of the coaster as I unwrapped it from the tissue paper. I never saw a leather case that shape before. I assumed it would be larger.

I did cancel the box because it is too expensive for me to receive items I don't like. I'm a big supporter of eco products and women own businesses. I was very excited for this box.

Speaking of the letter, it does irk me that there will be a major jump in luxury materials for the next box. That was the kind of box I was hoping for the first time.

Not everyone will like everything. I'm rarely negative on any box. This box did not work for me. That does not mean it won't work for everyone. I rather have everyone be happy with the box because it is a lot of money to spend.I much rather be happy for the box instead of regretting spending the money. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Let's keep this topic on the topic of Decoterie only. Calling people names or personally attacking someone over a comment is not allowed. We are very easy going and want to facilitate discussions and encourage both positive and negative reviews about boxes etc. MUT is suppose to be happy place where people can have great conversations and even debates that are constructive and mature. Name calling or personal attacks are not ways to debate things in a mature way. We are going to remove any/all personal attack posts and any similar posts in the future. Understandably emotions can run high when it's a question of discussing boxes and their value and what people's opinions are about a particular box. This has been the case with many higher value boxes. People expect a certain standard/level of products and value with the higher valued boxes and when it doesn't happen, emotions can run high and some people love the box while others hate it. MUT is a place where you can state your disappointment with a particular box/service and also a place where you can state your excitement over the same box without one "side" judging another. We are not all going to love the same things and we want people to be able to voice their opinions both good and bad in a safe environment. 

<p>Thank you! Phew. Really appreciate that. I second PA Anna that sometimes tone can be misread online but I have never been outright attacked on a forum so glad we can bring the positivity back. I'm just happy and curious about what everyone got and hope to see more pics and the goods in use. What can I say it's a slow day! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /></p>

<p> </p>

<p>PS- I still see comments about the first spoilers. Anyone have a link of where the spoilers were actually posted? I feel like I'm missing something</p>

Seems like the coaster situation with this box is similar to the situation that Little Lace box had. I think it's probably difficult for a small business to create a massive amount of items to meet the demand all of a sudden and then maybe the end results suffers??? Especially if the item is handmade. I wonder how many orders they got for this box. Maybe the amount of orders was way bigger than they expected and now the people who had committed to be part of this box, had a hard time making the products for the boxes. not sure just wondering. Typically people selling on etsy are small businesses which don't have the capital and the man power to mass produce items and it's hard for them to all of a sudden produce 100 or more of one item that they might typically only have one or two of in their shop. The cost of producing something that is truly handmade and unique is high and I can't imagine the business who are being part of the box, getting paid much per item if we consider the total price paid for the box and how many businesses and the box curator are sharing the cost/profit.

has anyone gotten the 20% discount card to the store yet?  I haven't seen any mentions of it yet. 

Back