How Many Eye Palettes Do You Have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thought I quoted but oh well. I was talkin to thoe girls who were commenting on the Lorac PRO!

Originally Posted by katlyne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ooh yay! I'm influential!
Yep lol :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by SnowLeopard /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Let us know how you like. I think you'll be happy with it.
I will :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Scawolita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

LOL I do too! I also def. reccomend the PRO palette for its variety of shimmers/ mattes as well as blendability!
I'm getting it mostly for the mattes - I only have 2 matte shadows in my collection and I'm really starting to like them! Plus, I feel like they're more "work place friendly" than shimmer shadows.

I have 5.

Avon:

True Color Sandy Corals Quad

True Color Island Breeze Quad

8-in-1 Neutral Palette

Wet 'n Wild:

LE Nude Awakening 8 pan palette

Walking on Eggshells trio (I really don't use this one much. Just the lid shade sometimes)

How many eyeshadow palettes do you have and which ones?

19 (but only 16 I currently use) + 7 in an Inglot Tower

+ 6 I hope to sell

Of the 19, 4 of them and my Inglot tower (7 10-pan freedom palettes) house pan-only shades or depots (like all my mac shadows and some nyx). These are usually for when I'm traveling to another state for more than 2-days.

Of the rest of the palettes, which are smaller, I usually bring like 1 or 2 with me to work if I haven't had time to get ready in the morning. That's their purpose. So they all get used at some point during the week.

And then there's like two palettes I don't use. One is an ELF palette with not so great pigmentation that I got for free with a code, and it's more like a decorative thing, and my Vice palette because I got turned off from ever using it after it became a sold out LE item. 

Is there a point where you stop yourself from buying more than you already have? Do you use the ones you have frequently enough for them to be worth having?

I'd say this is the point I've stopped myself at. I have just the right palettes I wanted for all the specific travel uses I need. At this point the only thing I'm considering is possibly transferring my 67 Inglot shadows from the 'Holy Tower' into something way less heavy and more portable like the Makeup Forever empty magnetic palette that I bought and have yet to use. 

Not counting trios or quads, I have 18... I'm a bit of a hoarder at this point. Urban Decay - Preen (my very first palette!), naked, naked 2, ammo, deluxe shadow box Lorac - pro, mint (sephora edition) Too Faced - sweet indulgence, shadow bon bon TheBalm - meet matte nude, Bon jovi Sephora - Disney Cinderella, smokey eye studio, smokey eye studio 2 Elf - baked eyeshadow in California and NYC, beauty book warm edition Tarte - puttin on the glitz My favorite is probably the Cinderella for packaging and sweet indulgence for the color variety and snow bunny bronzer. The sad thing is I'm normally too self conscious to use heavy makeup so none of my palettes get much use. I do use meet matte the most for work but even then, I use so little that my palette still looks brand new. I will definitely be buying more palettes (I'm already planning to get the Ariel in the summer and contemplating buying the original meet matte). I think I need to go to an AA meeting for palettes :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Well, I say around twenty-five palettes that have three to six eye shadow shades (from Revlon to Covergirl to Wild'N'Wild). I also have two 180-palettes (Coastal Scents) and three of the 120-palettes (Shany Cosmetics) varying in either warm neutrals, mattes, smoky, etc. (I LOVE eyeshadows) #HOARDER!

Yeah, it's a LOT of shadows, but trust me, I DO wear the majority of them. LOVE 'um!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

I have 15 total

e.l.f.: 36 neutral palette, 6 shadows in natural, Beautiful Browns quad, Butternut quad

Rimmel London: Glam Eyes 740 fever

Mark. on the dot palette

LA Colors quad

NYC Individual Eyes 942 Smokey Blues

Almay intense I-color trio for hazels

5 different Lancôme Color Design Ombre Effects Sensationals that are all different shadows

Lancôme Colour Focus

I have one and only - Coastal Scents 252 palette. I can pull off pretty much any look i want to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It has loads of matt and shiny colours. The sad part is that those matts are almost all bright, no natural ones...

Edit: I'm sorry, blog promoting is not allowed outside of the blogroll thread, thank you! - Cookie

MAC 4-color quads - 27

MAC holiday eye palettes - 13

MAC e/s duos - 7

YSL eye palettes - 6

Dior eye palettes - 4

Lunasol (japanese brand) eye quads - 36

Urban decay palettes - 5

Shu uemura palettes - 4

Other miscellaneous brand eye palettes - 7 (Nxy smokey palette, 2 Jill stuart eye quad, 2 no brand eyeshadow palettes, 2 coffret d Cor eye quad)

Non inclusive of single color eyeshadows

88 palettes- 2

Sephora Pantone -1

Yaby- 1

Inglot 10 pan -1

UD- 5

MUFE- 2

MAC: 15 pan-3, quads- 10, holiday- 5

LORAC- 6

NYX- 8

NARS- 2

Dior- 1

Chanel- 2

Sleek- 1

Mary Kay- 1

BE- 1

Wet n Wild- 2 (gave about 6 of these away)

Stila- 2

The Balm- 1

Tarina T- 1

Too Faced- 1

Maybelline- 1

Tarte- 1

Quite a few... this is AFTER I gave some away to family and bagged some up for a women's shelter. I need palette rehab- I just brought the LORAC Glow palette!

As far as I can remember, I have:

UD Naked 

UD Naked 2 

UD Vice 

UD Mariposa 

UD Dangerous 

UD Feminine 

UD Fun

UD Smoked

UD Deluxe

Lorac Unzipped

Lorac Platinum

Stila In The Light

theBalm Nude'Tude

theBalm BalmJovi

theBalm Shady Lady Vol. 1

Kat Von D Star-Crossed

Kat Von D Beethoven

Sephora Cinderella

Sephora Jasmine

Which makes a total of 19 palettes! Weeeee I love my eyeshadow palettes! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)))

edit: Oh, and how can I forget:

Lorac GloGetter

And that's 20 total! Yaaaaayy! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have 5 in total.

1) Urban Decay Glinda

2) ELF Eye Enhancing Eyeshadow for Brown Eyes

3) BareMinerals Eyeshadow Palette Eyeshadow 8.0 The Cocktail Party

4) Lancome Quad

5) Lancome Quad

For the two Lancome ones, I can't remember in what colours.

Originally Posted by la rubia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 5.

Avon:

True Color Sandy Corals Quad

True Color Island Breeze Quad

8-in-1 Neutral Palette

Wet 'n Wild:

LE Nude Awakening 8 pan palette

Walking on Eggshells trio (I really don't use this one much. Just the lid shade sometimes)
Ok, there was no edit button on my post so I'll have to repost.

Make that 6 palettes.

Lorac: 

Unzipped palette

I have 8 a few urban decay and costal scents a couple that are nyx and I have a lot of singles...

Surprisingly, I don't have many actual palettes - I end up with a lot of single shadows from Glamour Doll Eyes and various others. Most I do have are just quads. But palette-wise, I have

Cargo quads in Barcelona, Baja, Tahiti, Toronto, and Vienna (I love all of these so much!)

Elf Maleficent palette

Starlooks 15 shade palette in Mardi Gras

Starlooks Monographic palette

Lancome Color Design quad in Twirling in Tulle

Wet n Wild quad in the orange and greens...I forget the name!

haha, I have 17 makeup palettes... worth having = naked and naked2. smokey eyes - toofaced

designer artist palette - lancome.

I wish I could restrain myself from buying more palettes

Originally Posted by geeko /img/forum/go_quote.gif

MAC 4-color quads - 27

MAC holiday eye palettes - 13

MAC e/s duos - 7

YSL eye palettes - 6

Dior eye palettes - 4

Lunasol (japanese brand) eye quads - 36

Urban decay palettes - 5

Shu uemura palettes - 4

Other miscellaneous brand eye palettes - 7 (Nxy smokey palette, 2 Jill stuart eye quad, 2 no brand eyeshadow palettes, 2 coffret d Cor eye quad)

Non inclusive of single color eyeshadows
wow I thought I am bad! You probably have boxes and boxes of makeup.

Back