How Many Eye Palettes Do You Have?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Surprisingly, I don't have many actual palettes - I end up with a lot of single shadows from Glamour Doll Eyes and various others. Most I do have are just quads. But palette-wise, I have

Cargo quads in Barcelona, Baja, Tahiti, Toronto, and Vienna (I love all of these so much!)

Elf Maleficent palette

Starlooks 15 shade palette in Mardi Gras

Starlooks Monographic palette

Lancome Color Design quad in Twirling in Tulle

Wet n Wild quad in the orange and greens...I forget the name!
Ah, and I just remembered two NYX 10 color palettes I have (Jazz Night and one other) and the Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes kit. So I guess I have 13. More than I thought, I guess!

I have 3

Nude'Tude

Glinda

Theodora

I would love to get the Naked Palette I thought about getting Meet Matte but I don't like a lot of the colors in it. 

Two. Maybe three. A grey one from NYC, a gold, green, and grey quad from Coastal Scents, and a really no-name brand I got at Gordman's which I think has about 35 colors. I don't use eyeshadow. I'm trying to find really cheap, but good enough quality clear nail polish to try the pour crushed eyeshadow in it and make custom polish thing.

I used to exclusively wear bareMinerals so I have easily 30+ individual shadows that came in collection sets.

UD Naked 2

The Balm Meet Matt(e) Nude

The Balm Balm Jovi

The Balm Shady Lady

Tarte Puttin' on the Glitz (basically 3 palettes)

I'm looking at:

KVD Ladybird True Romance

Edward Bess Berry Chic 

Too Faced Matte collection

Too Faced Glamour to Go Spun Sugar edition

Stila In the Know

Smashbox Photo Op Eye Enhancing (brown eyes)

I used to have just 2 palettes because I thought it was so expensive and not worth it, and then I got an eye infection that started in my sinuses, and I had to toss most of my eye makeup. Well, I bought some replacement makeup, and then my buying kept going and going and suddenly I didn't mind dropping money on high end make up. Now I have 25 palettes plenty of singles. I'm trying to cut back on buying so many eyeshadows because there's no way I can use it all, and I bought most of this all in one chunk. I feel like a horder and need another hobby. Out of all the palettes probably half of the UDs I wish hadn't bought because they really weren't all that special for the amount of money even though I buy mostly on the clearance. The only UD I paid full price for was Naked.

UD 6

Too Faced 5

Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips 9

Tarte 1

theBalm 3

Stila 1

Flower Quads 1

I do have a lot of 3-5 count palettes, not going to dig them out and count, from mid and up department store brands. I threw out old ds makeup several years ago. I found I'm allergic to Estee Lauder, so have to get rid of those (since they're older, and honestly not that great, I don't care). But recently I've been more on a loose mineral/powder/loose eyeshadow kick. I've changed my makeup requirements to more strict regarding source and ethics and 'healthy-for-me'. Since I have two drawers full of nice pots of powder, I know I'll never ever run out. I experimentally used one base Alima colour as my primary for the past year and have only used maybe 1/8th of it. The backup idea comes to mind occasionally; I've avoided it. I have lots of options, including the Silk Naturals dupes for Naked, and knowing what I know about the rate of use, I'm strongly resisting getting any more eyeshadow. Of course, if it's really unique, there remains the risk I might cave, but I've been doing really well for about 8 months! I haven't explored a lot of the stash, so I'm unlikely to get bored anytime soon. But so many 'out there' are pretty. NO!

I thought I had a problem with 20+ palettes but you girls make me feel good! You've got a worse problem than me LOL!

Oh god, I have way too many. Some have been depotted for space reasons, thank god for Z Palettes. 28 total, although some have been merged. I have:

Urban Decay

(depotted)

Book of Shadows I
Book of Shadows II

Book of Shadows III

Book of Shadows IV

Deluxe Shadow palette
Black palette

(not depotted)

Mariposa Palette
15th Anniversary palette

Naked I Palette
Two of the six-pan palettes, both full

Saucebox
Forbidden Fruits palette
Midnight Blossoms palette
Creme De La Creme palette
Temptation palette

Sugarpill
Burning Heart palette
Heartbreaker palette
Cold Chemistry palette

Sigma
Paris palette

TheBalm
Shady Lady Volume I

Shady Lady Volume II

Shady Lady Volume III

Meet Matte (depotted)

Meet Matte Nude
Nude 'Tude
The Balm and The Beautiful

Sleek
Ultra Mattes Vol. 1
Ultra Mattes Vol. 2

I've also had a Kat Von D palette, a Stila palette, and a couple other palettes that just didn't impress me, and I either returned them or gave them away.

I have 11, just counted! -Too Faced Sweet Indulgence Palette -Laura Mercier Artist's Palette For Eyes -Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV -Urban Decay Naked -Urban Decay Naked II -Costal Scents 28 Neutral -Coastal Scents 120 Paltte "5" -4 Zpalettes with various depotted small palettes and singles.

I only have 4! UD Naked NYX nude palette (the supposed dupe for the UD) Canmake milk chocolate color trio Canmake color trio palette with primer But looking at all your replies, I've added a few more on my wishlist!

Let's see... I have....

UD Naked

UD Naked 2

UD Glinda

UD Feminine

Lorac PRO

Too Faced Natural Eye

Too Faced Romantic Eye

Too Faced Pixie Pin Ups

Too Faced The Naked Look (500 pt perk from Sephora)

Estee Lauder & Michael Kors Golden Eye & Face Compact

Coastal Scents 88 warm palette

Smashbox Be Discovered

In addition, I have a few miscellaneous trios and quads but they don't get much use.  My favorites color and quality wise are UD and Lorac.  Also, I have a MAC 15 custom eyeshadow palette on its way to me!  To be fair it is considered a birthday gift from my fiancé and he is banning me from anymore palettes for a long time. 
policeman.gif
 <--- That's supposed to be him (make-up police).  Haha.

In the beginning when I first started thinking about how many palettes I have I thought I didn't have very many but in reality I have quite a few and most of them are neutral.. they are my weakness :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Currently I own: Naked 2 Lorac pro UD Glinda UD theodora Too faced naked eye Too faced romantic eye Inglot freedom palette with 6 shadows Kat von d Bareminerals star treatment Bareminerals the finer things A few other bareminerals quads And that's currently all that comes to mind but I'm sure that's not all of them hehe Eye palettes are just so much fun to shop for :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Wh

That depends entirely on what would constitute a palette. Does 3+ colors in a container count? If it does: 21 If it doesnt:19 Obviously I don't stop myself. Lol. And id say I use them frequently, because I did the count from memory, and didn't count the ones I know I have but don't use(be it poor quality or color choices).[/quote Whoa! That's a lot! I'm jealous :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I only have 7

Somewhere around 50. These include palettes from urban decay, thebalm, sephora, elf, tarte, estee lauder, wet n wild, stila, lorac and sigma. I also have a bunch of singles and pigments, so I think I'm pretty much set with eyeshadow. Whenever I see something new that I like and want to buy, I can almost always convince myself that I can duplicate the colors by combining palettes that I already own... but sometimes I just cave and buy more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Somewhere around 50. These include palettes from urban decay, thebalm, sephora, elf, tarte, estee lauder, wet n wild, stila, lorac and sigma. I also have a bunch of singles and pigments, so I think I'm pretty much set with eyeshadow. Whenever I see something new that I like and want to buy, I can almost always convince myself that I can duplicate the colors by combining palettes that I already own... but sometimes I just cave and buy more :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Wowwwwwwww

Quote: Originally Posted by shmexels /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Somewhere around 50.
These include palettes from urban decay, thebalm, sephora, elf, tarte, estee lauder, wet n wild, stila, lorac and sigma. I also have a bunch of singles and pigments, so I think I'm pretty much set with eyeshadow. Whenever I see something new that I like and want to buy, I can almost always convince myself that I can duplicate the colors by combining palettes that I already own... but sometimes I just cave and buy more
smile.gif

This is me. Well, usually. I went a good nine or so months without buying a single palette for myself, then recently gave in and over the last month I've bought Sugarpill's Cold Chemistry, Urban Decay's Vice II, and Sigma's Créme De Couture palette (because I am freaking addicted to mattes). Add the Illamasqua quad I forgot to mention,and that brings me up to 32. Wow.

I haven't been buying as many indie pigments lately, so I actually saved money compared to my usual eyeshadow expenditures. I am just.. obsessed with eye shadow. I've had to actually put effort into rounding out the rest of my cosmetics collection, because my brain just wants all the shadows. 

I just had a thought, do four-pan magnetic palettes with depotted and pro pan MAC shadows count? If they do, it's 36 or 37. 

Also, I have yet to own a Lorac palette. I think I really need one (I know I really want one, anyway).

Good question...

Palettes are my weak spot, I just love them.

Zoeva: 2

Aegyptia: 1

Collistar: 2

Urban Decay: 3

Sleek Make Up: 12 

Estee Lauder: 3

MAC: 4

Neve Cosmetics: 6

Pixi: 1

Illamasqua: 2

Sugarpill: 2

Inglot: 5

Essence: 2

Bobbi Brown: 1

Nyx: 4 

Unknown brand (gift): 1

Madina: 2

MUA Academy: 2

Elf: 1

Kat Von D: 1 (wish I could have more!)

Lorac: 1 (on its way to Milan!)

Most of them are of Italian brands and I am sure I have forgotten at least another three or four of them... Some of the eyeshadows were depotted and gathered on new wider palettes (NYX) some of them I never or seldom use (i.e. the Pixi one is very nice but I always use the same two or three pans and end up in choosing a different palette instead). 

Back