Influenster "Mom Box"

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine this morning. I know it was free, and I'm not really complaining..... but I'm certainly not impressed, and I'm kind of upset that getting this box beat me out of the spring and summer beauty boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Truthfully it looks like they went to the Dollar Tree and got a bunch of stuff there, I have seen every one of these products at our local one recently... I know it's free, but I don't think they should make a big hype about something unless they are going to come through with something good.

Originally Posted by Angie Tacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do you actually get one? I have unlocked all the badges I can!
It took me months to get one. They pick a certain demographic for each box (age, mom/not, location, badges, new members vs. old, whatever). I waited for probably 6-8 months before I finally got the spring beauty box!

Originally Posted by BrittneyMarie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got mine this morning. I know it was free, and I'm not really complaining..... but I'm certainly not impressed, and I'm kind of upset that getting this box beat me out of the spring and summer beauty boxes :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I feel the same way. My first box was the LoveVoxBox and I LOVED it, but this one is just okay. I don't drink that drink and can't use that brand of soap product.

Thats actually the only thing that really caught my eye also.
Ive actually only seen this in 1 box so far. Ugghhhhh looks like I wont be getting one. ***Ooops, im talking about the learning software

As someone else stated, I don't mean to sound ungrateful and I'm happy to receive free items but this box just looks so-so. I'm on the East coast so I likely won't get mine until the end of this wk.

The cookie was yummy - my daughter and I split it today. The first tea I tried was the blueberry, very good.

Now, the nails . . . I have relatively small hands (wear a size Medium glove) and the largest one would not fit my thumb nail. I guess I have fat nails, LOL

I did not receive the dish mat or the software.

Influenster Hi! Brands participate in various themed boxes to reach different sets of consumers, so the answer is no, we will not be sending the Mom VoxBox and the Summer Beauty VoxBox to the same members.
Ah, I never saw that particular one.  Everything else said it in such a vague way that I took it to mean that the demographics might overlap, but not to count on it.

I wonder what the demos are going to be for this one, then?  "Empty-nesters?"  Single college students?

This was mine.  I hid myself in the bathroom and ate the cookie.  It was really good.  Doesn't take much to get me going, apparently, lol.  The honey crystals are a neat idea.  I figure I'll use them in baking.  Dove Ivory soap has always seemed to really scum up the bathtub, so I'm not fond of it.  My daughter is amazed by the fact that it floats.  I'm amazed by the fact that she's 10, and hasn't ever really used bar soap.  I use the plain DenTek thingies alot, so I'm always happy to get more of those.

As for the fingernails, well I apparently have fat fingernails, too.  Also, is it me or are they really short?  I guess they're probably a good length for most people, but my real nails are about the same length, and they're just barely long enough to scratch with.

Originally Posted by Kirari /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ah, I never saw that particular one.  Everything else said it in such a vague way that I took it to mean that the demographics might overlap, but not to count on it.

I wonder what the demos are going to be for this one, then?  "Empty-nesters?"  Single college students?

This was mine.  I hid myself in the bathroom and ate the cookie.  It was really good.  Doesn't take much to get me going, apparently, lol.  The honey crystals are a neat idea.  I figure I'll use them in baking.  Dove soap has always seemed to really scum up the bathtub, so I'm not fond of it.  My daughter is amazed by the fact that it floats.  I'm amazed by the fact that she's 10, and hasn't ever really used bar soap.  I use the plain DenTek thingies alot, so I'm always happy to get more of those.

As for the fingernails, well I apparently have fat fingernails, too.  Also, is it me or are they really short?  I guess they're probably a good length for most people, but my real nails are about the same length, and they're just barely long enough to scratch with.

Is that Dove soap or ivory?

Ivory.  Derr, lol.  Sorry. 
No problem, I was thinking well Dove is better than Ivory, not by much, but...

They were too short for my nails, too.  They weren't long enough to cover my own nails if I had cut mine all the way down. (and I like to have just a slight amount of length on my nails on top of that) so I wish the impress nails were longer, too.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They were too short for my nails, too.  They weren't long enough to cover my own nails if I had cut mine all the way down. (and I like to have just a slight amount of length on my nails on top of that) so I wish the impress nails were longer, too.
             I thought I was the only one who would feel that way! Yeah, they're much too short to be usable. Even when my nails are short, they're too long for these things! Even when I cut my nails ultra short, the pink part almost goes up to my fingertip, so I would say my nails always look naturally long anyway. But they always grow so fast! Like, I'll cut them one week and the next week they'll have grown significantly. 

Anyone else think these things just looked cheap? They're going up for trade. 

The rest of the box was pretty cool. I love the variety of tea. My little girl will appreciate the cookie-- that is, if she's good. lol. 

I got neither the DVD or Dish Dryer product. Sad! I guess the DVD was for moms with younger kids, but the other thing would have been so useful. 

Seriously, the impress nails should have been the extra. 

Originally Posted by Linabunnie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Looks like Ivory to me... Worst soap ever!
           That doesn't even look like the traditional packaging for Ivory soap... or am I still living in the 80s? lol. I had major surgery when I was 5 and my mom had to use Ivory soap on me when she'd bathe me b/c it was the most delicate, non-perfumed variety. I'll definitely try it out. I take it it can be used as a simple hand soap? I think that's what it would be most ideal for in my home. 

Originally Posted by Kittables /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got neither the DVD or Dish Dryer product. Sad! I guess the DVD was for moms with younger kids, but the other thing would have been so useful. 

Seriously, the impress nails should have been the extra. 
I have FIVE kids under the age of 8, and I did not receive the DVD. I got the Dish Drying Mat. This is my first box from Influenster after being a member for 5 months, so I'm not complaining! ;-)

Originally Posted by MadamLeslie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have FIVE kids under the age of 8, and I did not receive the DVD. I got the Dish Drying Mat. This is my first box from Influenster after being a member for 5 months, so I'm not complaining! ;-)
              Aww. The DVD looked pretty neat, didn't it? You'll have to review the Dish Drying Mat for all of us! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

My sister received her box today. Shes about 10 miles away from me and we always get our sub's and orders on the same day. I wasn't home when the mail came so i'm hoping my damn neighbors didn't steal my box. I might be jumping the gun just a little, but I guess I wont know until tomorrow.​

Back