Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by jannie135 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

ON TOP OF THAT:: I'm a November Baby (yay!!!) and my friend sent me a birthday present two weeks early WITH EXPLICIT DIRECTIONS TO NOT OPEN IT TILL MY BIRTHDAY!!! I HATE HIM!!!! AHHHHHH... This is killing me. I usually open my mail on my steps while heading to my room or in my car on my way to work because I literally cannot wait... lollllll
LOL Well you can rule out homemade food! LOL Happy early birthday!

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually on the site and Sephora it's $23? $5 is a pretty big different tbh. You could buy a nail polish for that much... it's the value of a half-size nail polish sampler BB sends out it in its boxes. A lot of people are already saying they'd prefer the mascara (possibly due to it being mascara and possibly also having to do with the brand) so they're already treading a line between making people happy...

ipsy's been doing a great job. There was very little complaining last month aside from the color customization, but like... this could probably cause some strife.
I don't think a $5 difference is going to make or break the bag for me; at that point it just seems a little nit picky especially since you're never really sure of what you're going to get and you know that going in. If BB had box values that were +/- $5 from one another every month I think a lot more people would be happy. I think it's nice that ipsy just does either/or products and you can expect to get one or the other. I'm excited for either product and I'm sure these will be on the trade thread in a few weeks ;-)

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't think a $5 difference is going to make or break the bag for me; at that point it just seems a little nit picky especially since you're never really sure of what you're going to get and you know that going in. If BB had box values that were +/- $5 from one another every month I think a lot more people would be happy. I think it's nice that ipsy just does either/or products and you can expect to get one or the other. I'm excited for either product and I'm sure these will be on the trade thread in a few weeks ;-)
Oh IA, especially since I was the recipient of the $13 BB box last month mad about the people with the $30+ boxes. I don't think it's that big of a difference for me, but you know how people are about complaining. I'm personally excited for either/both so I have no qualms, but I hope the samples (products?) are value-matched so there's not as much complaining lol

Yeah I imagine people who don't get the mascara won't be too happy.

I just bought Benefit's Upgrade to Gorgeous and it came with They're Real so I'm fine either way.

Actually on the site and Sephora it's $23? $5 is a pretty big different tbh. You could buy a nail polish for that much... it's the value of a half-size nail polish sampler BB sends out it in its boxes. A lot of people are already saying they'd prefer the mascara (possibly due to it being mascara and possibly also having to do with the brand) so they're already treading a line between making people happy...

ipsy's been doing a great job. There was very little complaining last month aside from the color customization, but like... this could probably cause some strife.

cannot wait for this bag! i haven't tried the they're real mascara but i really want to. also dying to know what the two full size products will be. so glad i dropped birchbox and subbed to myglam :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree with this.  Either product is cool from my viewpoint...and plenty of possible trades to go around.

I'm going to be happy with either.  I'm running out of my gel and I'm realizing I use it all the time.  It's an area I don't have a lot of different brand experience with, so I'm happy to try something else.

I'm always hunting down a mascara that does a great job without smudging too.  Ipsy has been doing a great job with the bags lately.  I can't complain.

Thanks for looking it up.

Hm.... if that's the case, I hope they're both sampler sizers with approximately equal values. : I would be happy to get both, but one brand is clearly more established than the other and that product's a little more expensive. If they're both full-sizes, there's probably going to be a lot of complaining about value lol
They aren't that much different price wise. The Benefit (since everyone knows is in there) is $23 for full size and the

Chella Eyebrow Defining Gel
is $18.

I would actually do not prefer either. I would be excited either way, I have never tried a brow gel so that would actually be really interesting to try since it will be a higher end one according to price of $18.00. I already own a full size of the benefit they are real mascara so maybe that is why I am indifferent. Plus received mascara last month so I will be pretty happy with either. 

I really hope people do not get super upset if they don't get a mascara & get angry with Ipsy. Since they really do seem to divide items pretty well so that no one gets overly angry with different price points of their bags. 

I'd like to not get the mascara, since I just stocked up on my fave.  I don't have any of the other thing!  Think it's about time I did *nodnod*!

I hope for the brow gel as well, and don't mind the price discrepancy one bit. Fingers crossed.

Originally Posted by skylola123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I would actually do not prefer either. I would be excited either way, I have never tried a brow gel so that would actually be really interesting to try since it will be a higher end one according to price of $18.00. I already own a full size of the benefit they are real mascara so maybe that is why I am indifferent. Plus received mascara last month so I will be pretty happy with either. 

I really hope people do not get super upset if they don't get a mascara & get angry with Ipsy. Since they really do seem to divide items pretty well so that no one gets overly angry with different price points of their bags. 
Agree!  I would be happy with either.  It's nice to know either way we will get a makeup item!
dance.gif
  There always seems to be plenty of peeps willing to trade.

I've never used an eyebrow gel and probably would never buy one for myself so that would probably be my preference. But I'd be happy with either.

I don't mind the price discrepancy, but I have dark dark BLACK eyebrows, so the gel won't work for me. I have enough mascaras though. Either way, whichever one I get is going to end up for trade.

Originally Posted by bbbrandnewww /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't mind the price discrepancy, but I have dark dark BLACK eyebrows, so the gel won't work for me. I have enough mascaras though. Either way, whichever one I get is going to end up for trade.
Hm... that's interesting. I've never tried gel eyebrow liner, but I have black eyebrows too (and very very jet black hair). Can I ask why it doesn't work for you?

I love all of you enablers on here! I just got a second sub to Ipsy about 5 minutes ago......

I would actually prefer the brow gel. Got a Benefit sample of the mascara a few months ago, and hated the wand. But at least I know it will trade well!

I dropped Birchbox too. MyGlam/Ipsy is the only box that sends lots of makeup, this quarter's NB Test Tube had very little makeup in it.

Hm... that's interesting. I've never tried gel eyebrow liner, but I have black eyebrows too (and very very jet black hair). Can I ask why it doesn't work for you?
Yeah. I have pitch black eyebrows, but I use MAC's Brow Set gel when I want to lighten them, and it works perfectly. 

mine are the same way super black, I actually prefer to do nothing with my eyebrows, I rather leave them with no gel or filling in with an eyebrow pencil. My brows themselves are pretty thick and I dont really think it needs that much filling in, and if and when I do fill them in, they look very bushy and harsh. Its probably because I could doing it wrong or I could thin out my eyebrows, but I guess I would rather be natural.

So if I get the brow stuff, It will for sure be going up for trade!!!! Kinda iffy on the mascara though, I would prefer it over the brow gel any day, but Im already getting a full size in my sephora super stars kit.

Im more interested in seeing what the other items will be since i just signed up for a second sub

I have black, thick eyebrows and I look like an angry Japanese samurai in those ukiyo-e if I fill my brows....

Latest posts

Back