Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lipgloss looks identical to the bareminerals Moxie lipgloss I just got in my QVC NBTT! I hope it's at least a different color. Black cap, with the black line around the top of the clear part! I used it all day today, and really like it!!

I'm hoping for a different color also. Enough of the nudes that match your lip color! I like the colors of the first and second ones in that picture. I'd be pleased if all these subs give lip glosses a rest for a while, since they rarely send colors that work for me.
Ditto. They're Real is decent on me, but Bad Gal really annoyed me--it was as awful on me as Great Lash
Add me to the nay list for Bad Gal and Great Lash. Bad Gal was the worst mascara I've ever tried, and Maybelline has to be spending all their R&D money on paying off the likes of Allure to top those lists every year. If They're Real! is a different formula then I'm hopeful for it . I haven't tried the theBalm Body Builder that I received yet but I'm not expecting much.

I too haven't spent money on mascara for years due to GWP, but even my HG brand can mess up a good formula. (Defincils) Maybe I need to branch out from my old reliable Hypnose and look for some alternatives. I hope the Chantecaille I got in my BB lives up to the hype. 

Seems the folks who aren't keen on Bad Gal are ALSO not keen on Great Lash--similar formulas, I presume....

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The lipgloss looks identical to the bareminerals Moxie lipgloss I just got in my QVC NBTT! I hope it's at least a different color. Black cap, with the black line around the top of the clear part! I used it all day today, and really like it!!

I'm hoping for a different color also. Enough of the nudes that match your lip color! I like the colors of the first and second ones in that picture. I'd be pleased if all these subs give lip glosses a rest for a while, since they rarely send colors that work for me.
Add me to the nay list for Bad Gal and Great Lash. Bad Gal was the worst mascara I've ever tried, and Maybelline has to be spending all their R&D money on paying off the likes of Allure to top those lists every year. If They're Real! is a different formula then I'm hopeful for it . I haven't tried the theBalm Body Builder that I received yet but I'm not expecting much.

I too haven't spent money on mascara for years due to GWP, but even my HG brand can mess up a good formula. (Defincils) Maybe I need to branch out from my old reliable Hypnose and look for some alternatives. I hope the Chantecaille I got in my BB lives up to the hype. 
I really LOVE the Body Builder.  Ridiculously long lashes from that one!  And no raccoon.

You know what ended up being my new favorites? Laura Mercier full blown volume AND the Julep mascara! I had no idea i'd love either one as much as I do!

Originally Posted by cheetahchirps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

HA!  I left this thread to go read my mail, opened the first thing in there, which was from Prevention, and the first line is "Listen. Like all of you, we stand by our trusty, never-fail beauty products (hello, Maybelline Great Lash)."  Really?!?

I just signed up for my 2nd sub with MG. I tried a few other subs, but they are just not right for me. MG is my fav, and I love every thing I get in my bag each month. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by MollyC2153 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know what ended up being my new favorites? Laura Mercier full blown volume AND the Julep mascara! I had no idea i'd love either one as much as I do!
I like the black Julep, but always find little fibers on my face. It's not flaking, but just a few fibers end up on my nose and in weird places. It's strange, but I guess also expected from those tiny little things. I did like it though!

I'm moving soon and don't want to miss any of the boxes. Deliveries will go to my best firiend (a man; he won't bother opening them, yippee!) and  won't be reading about what I missed and wishing.

Originally Posted by gypsiemagic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope you are right! I really really liked the Moxie in the QVC TT also! I would love to try another color.

I absolutely LOVED the body builder mascara! Nothing else I've tried gives me such length and volume so fast... I tire of taking time for multiple coats...In fact, I just

ordered the full-size from Birchbox with my 25% off 1 yr anniversary code and $20 points...(and a Balm concealer..) ..woo hoo total of $7.75 or so for $36 of product!

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the opposite experience. Bad Gal does nothing exceptional for me, but They're Real gives me great definition and a nice little lift that stays. I have it in my current mascara rotation, so I'm actually hoping I don't get it in November's bag.

Yeah I guess different lashes, different results :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I forgot to mention my more recent fav mascara's have been Clinique High Impact, and Lancome Hypnosis. 

Also Tweezerman has some Lash lengthening fibers that are awesome! It can make a cheap mascara look like you have extensions. 

You just have to be careful and use it with a light hand. In my opinion Nothing else gives the same results! 

Originally Posted by cskeiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I absolutely LOVED the body builder mascara! Nothing else I've tried gives me such length and volume so fast... I tire of taking time for multiple coats...In fact, I just

ordered the full-size from Birchbox with my 25% off 1 yr anniversary code and $20 points...(and a Balm concealer..) ..woo hoo total of $7.75 or so for $36 of product!
Good show!

Do we get to see spoilers for Ipsy like with Birchbox? I mean in the same way that you can see the pictures of whatever box you're getting a little bit before you get it. 

I loved theBalm mascara last month but would love to try the Benefit one. I love BadGal lash a lot! I've heard good things about They're Real so maybe I'll get to try it myself. I love trying mascaras. It's the one thing I just can't find a Holy Grail. Always looking for something better. I need something that lengthens.

Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I loved theBalm mascara last month but would love to try the Benefit one. I love BadGal lash a lot! I've heard good things about They're Real so maybe I'll get to try it myself. I love trying mascaras. It's the one thing I just can't find a Holy Grail. Always looking for something better. I need something that lengthens.
You may well adore They're Real, then. Length like whoa.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Do we get to see spoilers for Ipsy like with Birchbox? I mean in the same way that you can see the pictures of whatever box you're getting a little bit before you get it. 
They usually release sneak peeks of all the items included, but there's no way to tell which colors you are getting. Sometimes they do "either or" products and I believe those also remain a mystery til the bag comes. 

Originally Posted by lauravee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They usually release sneak peeks of all the items included, but there's no way to tell which colors you are getting. Sometimes they do "either or" products and I believe those also remain a mystery til the bag comes. 
The suspense of that will kill me. Thanks for responding. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm excited about this months bag.

Wish October's would arrive soon though. Anyone else not get theirs yet?

I hope to get the Benefit They're Real mascara, but I'm obsessed with mascara. I have 14 in my drawer on average. I only use one at a time, and I don't open the others until I'm ready to try them, so they don't dry out. Most are from subs and trading. I just want to try all mascaras for some reason. My favorite so far is Maybelline Falsies (original). L'Oreal Voluminous worked great, too, and their Millionize one. Great Lash is by far the worst mascara I have ever tried; the only reason I can think of why it would be #1 in sales or ratings is from people who have never tried another mascara. I also loved BadGal Lash; it was almost perfect on me, but did smudge beneath my lower lash line.

It seems from the discussions that there are a good mix of ladies on here who want or don't want the mascara, so the trade threads should end up making a lot of us happy if we don't get what we hope for. I'm also very interested in knowing what the other "or" product is.

I love getting mascaras I don't think I have bought a single mascara since this summer maybe around May. 

I have gotten several from trades & from beauty subscriptions. 

And of course lipglosses which are all right but would prefer to see more than lipglosses. The eyeshadows were actually a very nice surprise and the hair oil since I haven't seen much from subscriptions or at least I haven't received any. 

Back