Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by mega789 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I actually bought it when it came out and returned it back to Ulta. Your right, it kinda makes them a little longer but that's about it. One of the best mascara's I think is Benefit's BadGal Lash. 

If you haven't tried it, it definitely gives volume and length too. I thought They're Real would compare or be better, but nope...

Maybe I didn't give it a fair shot so I figured I'd subscribe to ipsy and try it again (hopefully they have some left). 
It's so funny how much personal preferences and then probably body differences (like chemistry) affect our experiences.  I've tried both Benefit's BadGal (regular and brown) and also Benefit's They're Real and had the opposite conclusion.  BadGal did nada for me!  And it's formula was frustrating for me.  

But They're Real!...I love that one and always have a mini or full-size in my rotation. I love that you can get the travel size from Sephora.  I wish MORE mascaras would offer that size for sale and not only GWP.  (Smashbox, I'm looking at your Full Exposure mascara which I love but want to get the deluxe size!) I have really long lashes and they're full enough for me and I feel like They're Real! highlights both the length and adds a little volume near the base the way I like it.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe you can but I would put the 2nd one in your middle name to avoid confusion.
Originally Posted by Jacinta /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have 2 bags sent to me, but I am not sure if I used the same card.  They are coming to my same name and same address :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i think the only thing that matters is a different email address....
Originally Posted by stellar136 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah i have 2 subs and just use a different email for each one. same address, cc# etc...
Thanks, I really want a second sub to MG :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by iashleycouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Thanks, I really want a second sub to MG :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Exactly my thoughts. I think my boyfriend might get angry though since I already have a subscription to BB, Ipsy and Love with Food. He already told me that I don't need any more samples. 

Originally Posted by iashleycouture /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was doing so good for a couple months I limited my subs! Then last month i signed up for two beauty armys, this month TLB, and just signed up for a second myglam....was looking into getting popsugar back, too. lol. I need to really reevaluate what I really "need". It's easy to go overboard shopping online when all you do is enter in a credit card/debit card number.

Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's so funny how much personal preferences and then probably body differences (like chemistry) affect our experiences.  I've tried both Benefit's BadGal (regular and brown) and also Benefit's They're Real and had the opposite conclusion.  BadGal did nada for me!  And it's formula was frustrating for me.  

But They're Real!...I love that one and always have a mini or full-size in my rotation. I love that you can get the travel size from Sephora.  I wish MORE mascaras would offer that size for sale and not only GWP.  (Smashbox, I'm looking at your Full Exposure mascara which I love but want to get the deluxe size!) I have really long lashes and they're full enough for me and I feel like They're Real! highlights both the length and adds a little volume near the base the way I like it.
Same for me. I had better luck with They're Real. I just tried Bad Gal and it doesn't give me as much length or volume. I'm almost out of They're Real so I hope I get it in my bag. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It is interesting how different formulas work better or worse for different people. That's the great thing about being able to sample  different brands and actually I love the sample sizes best for mascaras. I love trying different brands and I'm still looking for my absolute favorite.

I have only really had BB and MG.  I tried Beauty Army, but I always end up skipping because I don't like the selection. I dropped BB. I love my MG bag every month, so I would rather have 2 subs :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just signed up for a second bag under my husband's name and he was like "do i get to open the bag?" LOL He's too good to me :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Do you what you want!
Don't let some guy come between you and your samples! Why don't you cancel one of your others temporarily then re-sign next month? It is easy to do that with BB

Originally Posted by emilyyygloria /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exactly my thoughts. I think my boyfriend might get angry though since I already have a subscription to BB, Ipsy and Love with Food. He already told me that I don't need any more samples. 

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BadLash raccooned me something fierce.  =(
Ditto. They're Real is decent on me, but Bad Gal really annoyed me--it was as awful on me as Great Lash.

(And I also agree with the person above who said they wish more companies would just sell the deluxe size of their mascaras. I'd throw out a hell of a lot less mascaras if I had smaller sizes)

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ditto. They're Real is decent on me, but Bad Gal really annoyed me--it was as awful on me as Great Lash.

(And I also agree with the person above who said they wish more companies would just sell the deluxe size of their mascaras. I'd throw out a hell of a lot less mascaras if I had smaller sizes)
Great Lash is the most overrated drugstore mascara ever (to me). I have tried it multiple times, and it's always the same. I guess kudos to anyone who can make it work because I sure as hell can't. Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes is my HG, but I like having sample sized spares to carry around when I don't necessarily care if my eyelashes look amazing. That's what this stuff will likely end up being if I get it, haha.

Originally Posted by queenofperil /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Great Lash is the most overrated drugstore mascara ever (to me). I have tried it multiple times, and it's always the same. I guess kudos to anyone who can make it work because I sure as hell can't. Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes is my HG, but I like having sample sized spares to carry around when I don't necessarily care if my eyelashes look amazing. That's what this stuff will likely end up being if I get it, haha.
That's one pathetic joke of a mascara. How do they advertise it as being number 1 in america or something? wow.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's one pathetic joke of a mascara. How do they advertise it as being number 1 in america or something? wow.
That! ^

I wonder what kind of research produced those results D: I feel like there are so many better drugstore choices like Rimmel or L'oreal.

The lipgloss looks identical to the bareminerals Moxie lipgloss I just got in my QVC NBTT! I hope it's at least a different color. Black cap, with the black line around the top of the clear part! I used it all day today, and really like it!!

That would be nice to get. I'm not a fan of Bare Minerals products for my face, but I'd like to give their other products a go. 

I really hate Great Lash as well. But I got it as part of my maybelline buzz campaign awhile ago. It was a new formula with a great little grabber brush/lots of lashes. I really liked it. And I HATE Great Lash and agree that they suck and are not the best mascara at all. But I liked that one. I too am overwhelmed with mascaras. I work at Ulta and I have a billion samples. They're real is pretty amazing. Smash box full exposure is AMAZING. I also have bad gal lash but I haven't tried it yet. I also have a cargo sample waiting to be used. Depending on what the "or" product is, I think I'd prefer that over they're real. Just because I'd like to try something new. I love Myglam bags

Have you tried Guerlain Noir G? I thought I've tried them all and nothing can surprise me anymore until I got a sample of that one, now it's my HG.

Originally Posted by CookiesGirl327 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I really hate Great Lash as well. But I got it as part of my maybelline buzz campaign awhile ago. It was a new formula with a great little grabber brush/lots of lashes. I really liked it. And I HATE Great Lash and agree that they suck and are not the best mascara at all. But I liked that one.
I too am overwhelmed with mascaras. I work at Ulta and I have a billion samples. They're real is pretty amazing. Smash box full exposure is AMAZING. I also have bad gal lash but I haven't tried it yet. I also have a cargo sample waiting to be used.
Depending on what the "or" product is, I think I'd prefer that over they're real. Just because I'd like to try something new. I love Myglam bags

my 6mo sub with Glossybox expired and rather than renew i went with Ipsy so November will be my first month. looks like i signed up at a great time!

Back