Quantcast

Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
I immediately want to know what all of those products are. Going to try and not set my sights high, though. I did that with Birchbox this month when I saw the BeautyBlenders and got my hopes crushed. 

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If it's not...

Mary-Lou Manizer
could it then be...

Betty-Lou Manizer?

Holy flip-flop, I din't even know such a thing existed!!!  =)  I got the first thing in my BB, so I'd LOVE the second thing!  (Last month, I cancelled MyGlam and resubed before they shipped.  After I got it, I cancelled and resubed a few days later.  MyGlam(Ipsy), I just can't quit you!)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmmm... I have been wanting to try that mascara. But I definitely do not need another mascara right now. I have 8 in my stash right now that haven't even been touched... must stop hoarding.
This is ME! I had to add The Balm one we received to the stash.(That  item is the reason I subscribed to ispy in the first place.) I have currently 4 mascaras in rotation right now. I have really wanted to try Benefit They're Real Mascara. I don't own anything from Benefit so this will be a great introduction piece. I do have a little of a mascara obsession. It is my "if you could only take one make-up product with you to a deserted island, what would it be" item. I am baffled that some people wear eyeliner but not a stitch of mascara. (and these are people who would "benefit" from wearing mascara!)

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tinkerbll695 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't even remember the last time I actually bought a mascara in a store. These are just from sub boxes, GWPs, trades. Some are headed into Christmas gift bags so they won't go to waste! Actually looking through my stash, I should put myself on a no buy for while...after the holidays of course
I just ordered 4 mascaras yesterday.  Tried something on a BigLots sale and LOVED it!  (LashBlastVolume.  It's got a stupid-huge brush, and my lashes are long and fat and CURLED LIKE CRAZY!)  Finally found a mascara I LOVED!  Went back and there was no more.  Had a hard time finding it, and thought it may be discontinued.  So yesterday a search turned it up on Drugstore.com.  BOGO 50% (although they only gave the half-price on one out of the four) and no shipping over $25.  Four of them turned out to be about $27.50, and then tax was another $2 or so.  It seemed a good idea to hoard.  Although it destroyed my October no-buy beauty attempt.

(Here's a pic of the brush:  http://www.oliviafrescura.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/CoverGirl-Lash-Blast-Volume-Mascara-Brush.jpg )

Reaction score
And by the way, I'm sure now I'll see that CG LBVolume's in every store I visit.  K-Mart, Walgreens, Target, Rite-Aid, Toys R Us, Ace Hardware...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LAtPoly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha!  I'm so glad that collection sold out quickly on Hautelook.  I need another mascara like I need a good poke in the eye, but I would have had a hard time saying no to that set.  That said, it was a great deal! 
I was sad that I missed the Hautelook mascara deal too and then I was GLAD they sold out. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to them.

Reaction score
Ha!  I'm so glad that collection sold out quickly on Hautelook.  I need another mascara like I need a good poke in the eye, but I would have had a hard time saying no to that set.  That said, it was a great deal! 
Dude, I'm so obsessed that I set a timer specifically for 11:00am :-/

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Toys R Us, Ace Hardware...
That made me laugh. :) /emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KatiebuglovesBB /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Dude, I'm so obsessed that I set a timer specifically for 11:00am :-/
HA!  I'll confess to doing that on select days - such as the days they have Urban Decay, theBalm, and a few purse/jewelery designers I'm especially fond of.  

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roxane68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was sad that I missed the Hautelook mascara deal too and then I was GLAD they sold out. I have absolutely no will power when it comes to them.
To make you less sad, I would say that you missed nothing because those mascaras often show up in GWP. They are not rare .

This means you can find lots of them on ebay and buy with low price.

Reaction score
Hmmm..didn't we just get a mascara?  I mean, I don't mind really...but it'll get old time after time after time.  Kinda like lip gloss.  

Reaction score
I bought the They're Real mascara a few months ago, and it is pretty good stuff. The applicator wand took some getting used to, ie, I kept poking myself. But it did have quite the dramatic affect. I found myself using the wand from my fresh mascara to fluff it out so to speak. I wouldn't mind having a backup. Jmho. :)

Reaction score
Do they offer a referral program? I'm not seeing anything on their website.. I think my friend would like it and I want to give her a link if they have one..

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fayeX /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So clever! It's really something better!
I have the full-sized Mary Lou-Manizer & the Betty Lou-Manizer. I don't use it much, but I guess I wouldn't mind an extra Betty Lou-Manizer to keep in case my foundation looks a bit light on me on some days.

Reaction score
This is already looking great! I have a LOT of faith in ipsy right now!! lol

Reaction score
i think the lipgloss in the picture is the FLIRT! PLUSHIOUS LIQUID VELVET LIPCOLOR looks the same i own  #16 deep crush  its my favorite lipgloss

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do they offer a referral program? I'm not seeing anything on their website.. I think my friend would like it and I want to give her a link if they have one..
At this time they do not.

Reaction score
Love the November bag! I think I like their bags the most since they are getting so much better and cuter since the June one. lol

Reaction score
On their facebook page, they keep saying that items will be selected based on our YouMatch profile and that we should be able to retake the quiz. I can't see a way to take the quiz if you're a current subscriber, only if you're new. Does anyone know how?

Latest posts