Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the look of the bag and all, but I HATE the zipper part. The lining inside near the zipper is way too close. Mine keeps getting stuck and after getting it unstuck, there's holes all over the inside. Once I get one part unstuck, it gets stuck at another part, TOO ANNOYING! I basically have to keep it open so I won't close it & get it unstuck. It took forever for me to unzip it, I was so close to cutting it open, hate it!
pissoff.gif

My zipper kept getting stuck until I examined it closely and saw a lone little tooth out of place.  But after nudging it back into place, I haven't had a problem with the zipper since then.  Just look at the zipper and see where it's stuck and re-orient it. I think the reason why so many people had problems with the zipper getting stuck is because of the material they were using with the zipper.

Originally Posted by Anais Franco /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This has happened to me before.

I waited like a week even though the website said it was in my town until i finally received it in the mail.

I know, its a pain in the butt. Call the post office to make sure though.
I went to my post office & guess what they had it there!!!

They were asking me if I had recently moved? Or if there was a slip in my mailbox. But neither of those two things happened. 

They had 3 packages of mine there & they told me that the mailman tried to deliver them to me but my box was too small & that he should have left a slip. If I had never gone in I would have never known, I had a box of samples, my watch, & my Ipsy bag. 

I got both my bags! Lucky me, I got one mascara & one brow gel. My brow gel def seems empty/dry but Ill try it out later before emailing. I got 2 black eye pencils, which is cool with me. And one of my polishes looks like it has def been opened. o_o But everything else is awesome!

UGH - my "projected" delivery date was today, the 15th. I ALWAYS receive it way early. Once, I received it so early I had actually forgotten about not even checking my spam for the tracking number. And now....still nothing. >=[

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

UGH - my "projected" delivery date was today, the 15th. I ALWAYS receive it way early. Once, I received it so early I had actually forgotten about not even checking my spam for the tracking number. And now....still nothing. >=[
Same here. My bag has been in town since the 13th and was projected to be delivered yesterday (15th). Hopefully, we both get it in the mail today!!!

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My zipper kept getting stuck until I examined it closely and saw a lone little tooth out of place.  But after nudging it back into place, I haven't had a problem with the zipper since then.  Just look at the zipper and see where it's stuck and re-orient it. I think the reason why so many people had problems with the zipper getting stuck is because of the material they were using with the zipper.
Yup, I did that, but it still didn't work, it still keeps getting stuck. D:

I don't think the phrase refers to bones of living organisms. if something's decomposed to the point where only the skeleton is visible, chances are it's pretty dry. like how in cartoons, when they show a desert, they always include that quintessential buffalo skull. metaphors tend to be pretty visual

Quote: Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a weird note... I don't understand why everyone uses this saying? Bones aren't dry -- they're spongey on the inside with marrow where your (red) blood cells are produced. If your bone is dry, it's probably because you have osteroperosis... or are dead. ^^;; In which case it would just be easier to say my product is dead lol.

me too! I have two bags, and one of my eyeshadows was shattered while the other was obviously swatched.

Originally Posted by aleeeshuh /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has anyone received an eyeshadow that looks used/swatched?

I just received my second bag and I got the mascara. I'm so happy I ended up with a mascara and brow gel. 

I finally got my bag! I noticed the "fingerprint"-like pattern in my eyeshadow as well. However, ladies and this is just a guess - but I think that is actually from the magnet in the front of the e/s because it just clips shut to the e/s pan, right? Mine did look like a fingerprint but with no lines or anything in it like a regular fingerprint - and if it had been a print it was definitely indented enough that it would've shown the lines in the finger. Just my guess and I'm taking solace in it lol.

I was trying to hold out until after I was over this cold (TEN DAYS and counting!  Aargh!  At least I was able to stay home today and sleep in until 11am -- I normally get up at 5am, so 11am is probably the equivalent of 1pm or 2pm for most people -- and have two more days after this to just rest and try to drown the cooties), but I just couldn't hold out on the shadow and liner any longer.  Yikes, this brown liner is *way* too light and warm for me.  It looks like…  I'll just say it doesn't look good *at all*.  But!  I won't throw it out (I've used it, so I'm not going to put it up for swap) because it disappears under the shadow, which is a *great* color for me, and I prefer to use liner rather than primer as a base for shadow.  It's easier to do my usual goes-past-smoky-and-verges-on-bender eyes that way.  

I'm still holding out on trying the gloss and polish for a few more days.  There's no point in wearing gloss if I'm just going to smear it all over my tea mug, and my nails are currently a-england Tristan, and I like to wait until I show a little more tip wear with this color because I *love* it.  Dark blue scattered holo?  It's always very difficult to stop looking at it.  This is one of my all-time favorite polishes and one of my standard recommendations whenever someone is trying to decide what to order from that company.  Hmm, I wonder how it would look with Nailtini Millionare tips...

Originally Posted by ngardner8503 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Eh, I don't think the shipping weight thing matters.  Mine was .37 and it was the eyebrow gel...thought for sure it was going to be the mascara...bummer!  But still elated with the bag!!!
I agree. I thought for sure that I was receiving the brow gel because my package was 0.346 but I got the mascara instead. No complaints :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was a bit shocked when I saw it though. 

same! Mine was suppose to be delivered on the 15th. It was in my city since the 13th and it went to another city on the 15th. Da heck?! I called UPS customer service and some lady said it's because that's where they "sort out" what gets deliver to where. I call this BS cause this is the first time that I've had trouble with UPS after having multiple items delivered by them in the past. It finally delivered today though. But still, really? Going to a different city to get the items "sort out" when it was in the correct city 2 days ago...

Michelle Phan's November Ipsy look:

I think she looks gorgeous and I wonder if she specifically sought these products just to pull of this look. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  Anyways, I'm super happy because I want to use the eyeshadow for brow filling!

edit: I had to re-embed the link since for whatever reason it wasn't playing.

I have the clear brow gel and the Moxie lip gloss in dare devil for trade that I won't be using. Message me if you're interested in a trade.

Latest posts

Back