Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has everyone received their bags?  Mine hasn't come but I also haven't received a ship confirmation email either.  I sent them an email now I'm just waiting on a reply.  I wanted to see it was just me.

Originally Posted by CinD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

same! Mine was suppose to be delivered on the 15th. It was in my city since the 13th and it went to another city on the 15th. Da heck?! I called UPS customer service and some lady said it's because that's where they "sort out" what gets deliver to where. I call this BS cause this is the first time that I've had trouble with UPS after having multiple items delivered by them in the past. It finally delivered today though. But still, really? Going to a different city to get the items "sort out" when it was in the correct city 2 days ago...
There's UPS, and then there is UPS Mail Innovations.  Ipsy uses the latter.  Plain old classic UPS gets sorted out locally, and it delivers directly to your house.  UPS M-I gets delivered by the post office, and it can indeed go to a different city before final delivery.  Mine goes to an entirely different *state*.  The tracking used to show that packages went through a town about ten miles away from me, then to the sorting hub a hundred and fifty miles away in another state, and then back to my city for final delivery, but I think they took interim stops out of tracking because they no longer show up even though I know the packages are still following the same route.  It just depends on where the UPS M-I-to-USPS sorting hub is located.

Originally Posted by StuffedMailbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Has everyone received their bags?  Mine hasn't come but I also haven't received a ship confirmation email either.  I sent them an email now I'm just waiting on a reply.  I wanted to see it was just me.
I'm in the same boat. I was going to email on Monday. 

Originally Posted by ellyb85 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is anyone else having issues with the 20 bucks off code for JustFab? The site wont accept mine :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
I'm pretty sure it only works for new members, so maybe that's why? Basically you have to create a new account to be able to use it.

I didn't want to completely redo my nails, but I was getting antsy about wanting to change them up a little (I've been wearing this same color since *Wednesday*!  That's like a year in Meagan-nail-polish-wearing time) and use this month's polish, and so this (I can't seem to make the photo appear in the post, so I'm going with a link) happened.  a-england Tristam (a gorgeous scattered holo that looks like a photograph of the cosmos) with Nailtini Millionare on the tips (I left my thumbs alone, but I might do full nails of Millionaire for Monday if I don't completely redo my nails before then).  I dig it.  I'm thinking I might even do a red-and-gold thing with a-england Perceval as the base closer to Christmas.  I'm not a big red nail fan, but I think the gold will pull it far enough away from a traditional nail for me to be okay with it.  This would also be good with a green polish, of which I have many, including two a-england holos.

(Yes, that's a purple leopard print polarfleece blanket, in case anyone was wondering.)

Originally Posted by LoriAnnLV /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm in the same boat. I was going to email on Monday. 
Update! My bag came today without ever getting a notice that it shipped. So hopefully your's will arrive soon.

Originally Posted by ValentineLissar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Michelle Phan's November Ipsy look:

Thanks for posting this.  I'm going to try to create this look but I'm pretty fair so we shall see......

This was my first month with ipsy and i just got my bag  yesterday. I'm not so crazy about the polish though but besides that very pleased with  the products!!!
yess.gif

For those of you with the eyebrow gel:

I have been storing my eyebrow gel with the cap side down standing up on end.  It seems to have plenty of gel this way but what a pain as I can't lay it down in my cosmetic case at night.  I wonder if the full size ones are like this?

I really love the Moxie Lipgloss! It smells like mint chocolate to me, has a slight cooling sensation, and looks so pretty on the lips (I was worried it would look too dark). It is a little sticky but it's not too sticky so I don't mind.

I also love the eyeshadow. I wasn't expecting much but the shade is something I'll definitely use. The sample packaging is awesome!

I'm not a fan of the nail polish though. I would have liked it more without the blue/green glitter. Actually, I think I would have loved it if it was just gold glitter.

I'm can't wait until next month's bag!

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

There's UPS, and then there is UPS Mail Innovations.  Ipsy uses the latter.  Plain old classic UPS gets sorted out locally, and it delivers directly to your house.  UPS M-I gets delivered by the post office, and it can indeed go to a different city before final delivery.  Mine goes to an entirely different *state*.  The tracking used to show that packages went through a town about ten miles away from me, then to the sorting hub a hundred and fifty miles away in another state, and then back to my city for final delivery, but I think they took interim stops out of tracking because they no longer show up even though I know the packages are still following the same route.  It just depends on where the UPS M-I-to-USPS sorting hub is located.
Mine goes to a city about two hours south (Columbus), then to another city about two hours from my city and Columbus both, which happens to be in PA, then to my city. It makes a weird little ridiculous triangle. Fedex's version of UPS MI is even worse when I'm having things shipped from Zoya, which is only about 45 minutes away. It goes from Cleveland, to a town roughly 20 minutes north of me, to Columbus, then to PA, and finally to my city. In what land is this more efficient?

I just re-subscribed and am quite impressed by how much MyGlam/Ipsy has improved since I canceled several months ago. I received my bag today and like all of it; however, the glitter polish and chocolate colored eye pencil are just not for me. So, if anyone is interested, they are 

UP FOR TRADE:

• Starlet eye pencil (Chocolate)
  • Nailtini nail polish (Millionaire)

I would be interested in any of the other products in the bag or an equivalent. Drop me a message, if you're interested. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

hi everyone - new poster here - i have been subscribed for myglam/ipsy for 6 months and just cancelled after this bag.  i got the brow gel which is a major disappointment because i LOVE mascara.  the nailtini was nice and the pencil, but everything else i am meh on.  i almost wish they would stop giving a bag and give us an extra product.  i am probably still going to lurk and find out what are in the next few bags in case i want to sign up again.  

Originally Posted by lizzzellzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

hi everyone - new poster here - i have been subscribed for myglam/ipsy for 6 months and just cancelled after this bag.  i got the brow gel which is a major disappointment because i LOVE mascara.  the nailtini was nice and the pencil, but everything else i am meh on.  i almost wish they would stop giving a bag and give us an extra product.  i am probably still going to lurk and find out what are in the next few bags in case i want to sign up again.  
Good luck with that. 
wink.gif
  The last two months, I cancelled right after receiving the bag.  Then the spoilers pulled me back in and I reordered before missing a single one.  Not even trying it this month - just resigning myself that I'm going to spend this $10.

My name is Mellee, and I'm an Ipsoholic.

Originally Posted by lizzzellzzz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The mascara was intended for the 1st 1,000 new subscribers if I recall correctly and Ipsy has well over 50,000 subscribers so the chances of getting a mascara was slim. I wish everyone could have received a mascara because I think people would have been happier with that then the Chella.

Originally Posted by mellee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Good luck with that. 
wink.gif
  The last two months, I cancelled right after receiving the bag.  Then the spoilers pulled me back in and I reordered before missing a single one.  Not even trying it this month - just resigning myself that I'm going to spend this $10.

My name is Mellee, and I'm an Ipsoholic.

ugh i know :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> i did that with birchbox and after the 2nd time of cancelling, i swore i'd stop reading the threads!

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The mascara was intended for the 1st 1,000 new subscribers if I recall correctly and Ipsy has well over 50,000 subscribers so the chances of getting a mascara was slim. I wish everyone could have received a mascara because I think people would have been happier with that then the Chella.
aww well, i guess that makes me feel a little better it wasn't selective.  but still, the brow gel was weak in comparison! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was an old subscriber and got the mascara. 

I just found a new way to make use of the bag: protecting cotton pads in your handbag :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

This idea came to me because I bought an 'always radiant kit' in pharmacy and found the bag in it is just the size of ipsy bag.

Latest posts

Back