Ipsy/MyGlam: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Decided to give the Starlet eyeliner a proper shot today and ugh, 6 hours in and I have panda eyes. I don't even line my lower lids and I didn't wear mascara today so yep it's all on the eyeliner.

I mean I guess it takes some drugstore brands 3-4 hours to give me panda eyes so this is slightly "better" but still disappointing. :
im not a fan of it either.  my problem is the color. i got the chocolate brown one.. it just looks dirty. its way too light of a brown for me, even though im quite fair. oh well...  

I used my usual Prestige black pencil eyeliner today and wow it stayed on waaaay better. So disappointing considering I grabbed that for like ...$4. :|

I have no problem with drugstore pencil liners... just don't try to charge for them like they're prestige liners.

I really loved this bag.  I got the browgel I was hoping for, since I have thick eyebrows, and it's not goopy and doesn't come in a CLEAR bottle.  I'm not miffed about not getting the mascara because I fell in love with TheBalm mascara from the last bag.  The nailpolish is absolutely gorgeous, big and more versatile than I gave it credit for, the thin strips are just a bit difficult to deal with and even two topcoats couldn't "even out" the surface.  The eyeshadow is too freaking cute for words, although I have plenty of similar matte shades.  I ended up really loving the Starlet eyeliner - despite being a pencil, it's the absolute perfect texture for easy application on both my lid and waterline, I prefer it over my UD 24/7 pencil liner!  Also have to say there is something to be said for making the pencil white -it's easier to find in my bag XD.  The gloss is very pretty, but not quite opaque enough to be worn on its own with my lip coloring.  Combined with last months' bags, I pretty much have a whole new set of make-up looks and some new favorite products.  What I don't love (and thus have used only once) I'll sterilize and give to my sister's for xmas in the bags themselves. 

got my bag and i think its alright.

more pics up on my blog..

as for the Chella it feels just like clear mascara I used to get when I was younger and trying to hide the fact that I wanted to wear makeup lol I used to use clear mascara and it worked the same with my brows. 

Originally Posted by heartsandwhimsy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree... the eyeliner is awful!
I haven't tried the eyeliner yet.. have you tried to use a lighter to it for a few seconds b4 putting it on? Thats what I usually do.. Again I haven't tried this one yet thou.

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I haven't tried the eyeliner yet.. have you tried to use a lighter to it for a few seconds b4 putting it on? Thats what I usually do.. Again I haven't tried this one yet thou.
Huh.  I didn't find this one hard *at all*.  I have a navy MAC pencil that requires the use of a lighter (I rarely wear it, though, because I can rarely be bothered to go looking for a lighter when I'm getting ready for work, and I don't think about it on the weekends) as well as a couple of MAC kohl pencils and Urban Decay 24/7 liners that do not, and the Starlet was even softer and creamier than the kohls or UD.  

Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Huh.  I didn't find this one hard *at all*.  I have a navy MAC pencil that requires the use of a lighter (I rarely wear it, though, because I can rarely be bothered to go looking for a lighter when I'm getting ready for work, and I don't think about it on the weekends) as well as a couple of MAC kohl pencils and Urban Decay 24/7 liners that do not, and the Starlet was even softer and creamier than the kohls or UD.  
oh ok I just heard someone say they didn't like the pencil..

Originally Posted by ibedatfinemami /img/forum/go_quote.gif

oh ok I just heard someone say they didn't like the pencil..
I think a lot of us (me included) have said the quality of the eyeliner is drugstore brand quality. I mean I don't intensely dislike it, but I don't feel like it's worth $11 like a prestige brand of eyeliner. I don't feel that the hardness is/was the problem... just the quality itself and how much it smudges or doesn't last.

I think a lot of us (me included) have said the quality of the eyeliner is drugstore brand quality. I mean I don't intensely dislike it, but I don't feel like it's worth $11 like a prestige brand of eyeliner. I don't feel that the hardness is/was the problem... just the quality itself and how much it smudges or doesn't last.
I agree on the smudginess and the staying power.  I use it at the corners and put eyeshadow on top - but it doesn't always work out.

So my Canadian co-blogger's ipsy bag came and wow they got 6 items. D: I'm actually super jelly of her bag it sounds super awesome.

So what she got that was advertised:

- They're Real

- Nailtini

- Meet Matte

- Starlet in brown

What else she got:

- a brush. At first I thought it was the SOHO brush from the September bag, but she says it has MyGlam printed on it. I'm guessing it might be one of these then: http://www.ipsy.com/account/product?id=april_myglam-brushes http://www.ipsy.com/account/product?id=may_myglam-brushes

- some sort of serum. I can't actually remember what it is but it might be a Eclos item from August.

Overall it sounds like a really good bag. :S I would've given up the Moxie which pretty much hate for those two items. Lucky canadians.

So my Canadian co-blogger's ipsy bag came and wow they got 6 items. D: I'm actually super jelly of her bag it sounds super awesome.

So what she got that was advertised:

- They're Real

- Nailtini

- Meet Matte

- Starlet in brown

What else she got:

- a brush. At first I thought it was the SOHO brush from the September bag, but she says it has MyGlam printed on it. I'm guessing it might be one of these then: http://www.ipsy.com/account/product?id=april_myglam-brushes http://www.ipsy.com/account/product?id=may_myglam-brushes

- some sort of serum. I can't actually remember what it is but it might be a Eclos item from August.

Overall it sounds like a really good bag. :S I would've given up the Moxie which pretty much hate for those two items. Lucky canadians.

Yeah, I actually saw quite a few Canadian bloggers that were actually rather upset over not receiving the gloss. Isn't it because of the ingredients, or something? 

Possibly. They're lucky they got the polish since polishes tend to get rejected by customs.

Originally Posted by Baberanza /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I actually saw quite a few Canadian bloggers that were actually rather upset over not receiving the gloss. Isn't it because of the ingredients, or something? 
I'd be sad if I missed out on the Moxie gloss too. I love it!

It's really great that Ipsy is branching out to other countries though!

Yeah, I would've thought the extra items would be in place of the nail polish instead of the gloss. Funny.

Originally Posted by bluelion /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I would've thought the extra items would be in place of the nail polish instead of the gloss. Funny.
They said on their ad that the moxie gloss would be replaced. "Please note: bareMinerals is not available for Canadian November Glam Bag subscribers. They will receive another product in its place."

Also, pardon me for not knowing a lot about import rules, but what's the deal with nail polish being problematic? I'm kind of surprised by that considering Julep has Canadian and American subscribers and they seem to operate without problems (er on the shipping products to Canada end at least)

They said on their ad that the moxie gloss would be replaced. "Please note: bareMinerals is not available for Canadian November Glam Bag subscribers. They will receive another product in its place."

Also, pardon me for not knowing a lot about import rules, but what's the deal with nail polish being problematic? I'm kind of surprised by that considering Julep has Canadian and American subscribers and they seem to operate without problems (er on the shipping products to Canada end at least)
Nail polish is considered hazardous material because of the chemicals, so it has special shipping instructions.

Thanks, I hadn't seen the ad. My guess re: shipping nail polish would be that Julep already complies with whatever shipping regulations are in place since polish is a staple in their boxes.

Back