Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any Jules worth anything because I haven't taken a box since July? I forget, and I haven't done a Polish Lovers Upgrade since May I think. But I went for the upgrade this month. And added on Tia. I've been wanting the new Zoya Entice and Ignite collections so much recently, but some of these look similar and for about $5 each, they're cheaper too. Also Dana is probably getting here 4 years later than my last black light party, but I have to have it anyways! I'm glad I'm able to get a box finally to review, I've felt bad for my readers not having a Julep box review the last couple months.
Haha I thought about that too. Chances are slim I'll be near a black light anytime soon, but I'll be ready! Wish I could've had this back in my clubbing days. I remember doing all sorts of hacks with laundry detergent and glow in the dark acrylic paint.

Just tried and was able to edit my box early.  Went with one called "The Dark Arts" because I don't have anything remotely like the contents:

• Glam Roc (It Girl): Midnight purple & gold stardust (matte glitter)
  • Cleopatra (Bombshell): Black latex crème (no actual latex in formula)
  • Estelle (Boho Glam): Midnight black with holographic shimmer
  • Oxygen Performance Top Coat: A breathable, fast-dry top coat with major shine and stamina.
  • White Chevron Nail Decals: Zig zags stick on & look great with or without polish.
Julep is STILL showing I have one prepaid month left after this.  Only, I was one of the people with the "3 months for $16.97" deal and this is already my fifth month.  Oh well.
Me, too!  Still one more month.  Which means after that I'll have enough Jules to get a free box. I don't know what happened but wow.  And I even told them I wasnt supposed to be subscribed that long!  The CS agent said she didn't know anything about that but if I wanted to cancel I had to do it by October 24th.  *shrug*

Last edited by a moderator:
Lost the Halloween one while it was in my cart and adding on. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't know you had to save while shopping. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Was gonna order a whole bunch of extras. Well that spoiled my plans, so heck on it.

I love the It Girl colors, but wanted to try the facial mask, too. Then I realized that doing it that way would cost me 38 dollars. So I got CWAT, because I liked those two colors and it has the mask, then too It Girl as an add-on. Will cost me 40, so for $2 more, I get two polishes. Actually, I have enough Jules for a free box, so it will cost me $20 for both boxes. This is the first box I have taken in months, and I am really excited about it!

The only box that really tempted me was that Halloween box which is now sold out. For the best for the sake of my no buy, given my Memebox spree this month.

Now I'm seriously considering skipping this month.  I just spent a ton of money at Rose City Comic Con and am pledging even more for the Espionage Cosmetics MOAR nail wraps Kickstarter (and at the con, I bought five sets of Espionage wraps), so I'm now thinking I should probably skip.  But the kitties!  Sigh.  *skipping month after all*

It seems like the names of the polishes/product in the boxes is now on the Julep website (under Order History). The product is, indeed, what everyone on here thinks it is. The polishes in my CWT box are named DeAnn and Logan.

I'm new to Makeup Talk, and I always look forward to the Julep spoilers from you all over here. I joined to participate in the discussions, since they are so fascinating. See you around!
Welcome!

Now I'm seriously considering skipping this month.  I just spent a ton of money at Rose City Comic Con and am pledging even more for the Espionage Cosmetics MOAR nail wraps Kickstarter (and at the con, I bought five sets of Espionage wraps), so I'm now thinking I should probably skip.  But the kitties!  Sigh.  *skipping month after all*
You can get cute kitty nail decals on Amazon for much cheaper than a Julep box/add on option.  

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Silver-Silhouette-Nail-Sticker/dp/B00C11J3RM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411363489&sr=8-1&keywords=black+cat+nail+decals

I'm probably going to skip this month. I'm kind of torn since I've never tried any of Julep's newer skin care products like the cleansing oil. With the Jewel Heist Mystery Box still under my skin and the fact I'm down to the last of my Jules I think I should just hold off for the December box. Again, so torn.

Or etsy. Most run $1-2 and some of the decal stores have discount codes posted right on their etsy pages too.

Eta: check out trinitynails. She has cats, bats and pumpkins ($2 each, $1 shipping).
Thanks for posting! Saves me the temptation of adding it on!

i skipped this month. i liked the polish colors in CWAT, but i'm not interested in the product at all and i know i have comparable dupes for the polish. although i'm going to use jules to take a box next time (i'm on a no buy until i find a new job), i also don't want to just collect stuff i know i'm not going to use.. i have plenty i'm trying to swap already!

I ended up skipping. This was mainly due to the fact I'm almost out of points and the whole Jewel Heist Mystery Box fiasco.

I've yet to hear back from Jane on the matter.

I ended up skipping. This was mainly due to the fact I'm almost out of points and the whole Jewel Heist Mystery Box fiasco.

I've yet to hear back from Jane on the matter.
I'm really curious what kind of response you get. I sold my lip gloss within 10 minutes of opening my box but I wish I had looked for the lot number. I have yet to see a pic of any winners loot so we can get a sneak peak of the rest of the birthstone polishes for the year.

Back