Julep October 2014 (Spoilers)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really curious what kind of response you get. I sold my lip gloss within 10 minutes of opening my box but I wish I had looked for the lot number. I have yet to see a pic of any winners loot so we can get a sneak peak of the rest of the birthstone polishes for the year.
Here's Shawn's reply to me today. Again, I've yet to hear from Jane.

[SIZE=10.5pt]We do sincerely apologize for any frustration you can experienced with the products you received in the Jewel Heist Mystery Box. We have reached out to your Product Development team to provide further information regarding the Peony Lip Gloss you received. This product has been in production since 2012 and has been produced additionally since then. We're sorry if it is not evident from the product received if yours is has been produced since. We did confirm with our Product Development team that "the customer should dispose of the lip gloss 24 months after the product has been opened (exposed to air)." We're sorry if the previously quoted shelf life caused any confusion. The life of this product is referenced from the time of opening. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]As stated previously, the value of the Mystery Boxes is based on the retail value of the products before any discounts. We're sorry that it was not clear that this could include full price or discounted items from our website. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]We do understand your frustration and want to make sure you can get something that is perfect for you for the two boxes you received. If you would like to pick two lip glosses of your choice from julep.com, we would be happy to send them out to you as replacements. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Looking forward to hearing from you soon. Until then, have a wonderful day. [/SIZE]
Frankly, it's a "day late and a dollar short" type of situation for me because I'm not the only affected by this. While on one hand I appreciate the offer to replace the glosses the fact is that they have not publically addressed the issue and they don't appear it to be offering replacements to anyone else so I feel this is an attempt not to rectify the situation but to pacify me. At this point in time I rather just have the $19.98 back along with my $30 credit and can ship the products back to them. I'm not going to cancel my account (especially since it's grandfathered in at $19.99 per month plus have the skip option) but I am going to change my card on the account to an empty pre-paid card so I'm not billed if I forget to skip.

I wonder if they made the Jewel Heist box winners sign an NDA so they couldn't share the other birthstone polishes.

I haven't seen a confirmation that anyone won, despite Julep saying the winners were contacted. And no photos? With 50 winners? Seems unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, she didn't win the birth stone collection. She felt as if the Jewel Heist box she received was a winner.

Here's the photo, not mine

10421296_836319776399672_3632991502852041529_n.jpg

Bleh. Pink tourmaline? That October birthstone polish is not what I was expecting at all. I was so excited thinking it'd be Opal. Definitely thinking I'd rather get the birthstone polish I saw on Etsy.

Here's the photo, not mine

Thank you! Those don't look all that memorable, considering that

in the bottle Julie looks like Queen Anne. I'm glad they're on par with the birthstone theme, but there's nothing spectacular about them. It could be the lighting in the picture, but Savannah looks more like a sapphire instead of a topaz, which to me, is a lighter blue leaning towards teal. Unless they were going for Tanzanite, which is more of a blurple-ish hue, but the label is blurry and I /think/ I'm seeing Topaz listed.

Oh also is anyone having trouble getting on to Julep? Every time I try to sign into my account for the last 2 days, it kicks me out. Kind of ideal for them that I can't sign on go take off my add ons.

Meh. Pink Tourmaline for October?! Seriously?! An Opal color polish could easily, EASILY have been done and it would have FIT the Black Magic Collection as well.

The orange color for November does not look like Citrine (yellow gold) at all. It's so ORANGE, too orange to be citrine.

And December's is hardly Blue Topaz and looks more like a Sapphire than a Blue Topaz.

I was hesitating on getting Katerina in my box this month because I thought the upcoming Opal October birthstone might be too similar. Seriously Opal was the thing that I've been excited about all freaking year with these birthstones. It didn't even occur to me that they could pick a different stone.

I changed my mind and decided to skip. Realized I was only really interested in three of the colors, and none of the products. I hope I can find dupes somewhere else, half the collection was just too generic for me.

I changed my mind and decided to skip. Realized I was only really interested in three of the colors, and none of the products. I hope I can find dupes somewhere else, half the collection was just too generic for me.
I'm skipping as well. The more I look at the colors, the more I realise I have them all or close dupes in other brands. I'm fairly positive you can find comparable Zoya colors for most, if not all of them. I'm pretty sure Zoya's Raven is a dupe of Ledi. Zoya's Sansa looks like it could be a close match for Shailene.

Back to birthstones, that reminds me of the Birthstone Collection Lacquer Lust released last year. She made two for October, Opal and Pink Tourmaline, and two for December, Tanzanite and Zircon. The rest of the months have one color. Sadly I think she's sold out of Opal right now.

It amused me that the "why are you skipping" options included "don't like lipgloss" and "don't like night masks/cremes/whatevers" this month. I really wish they'd inlcude a fill in the box with an option to tick "other" as a reason for skipping.

It amused me that the "why are you skipping" options included "don't like lipgloss" and "don't like night masks/cremes/whatevers" this month. I really wish they'd inlcude a fill in the box with an option to tick "other" as a reason for skipping.
I usually put that I didn't like the colors, because that's pretty much my reason every month I skip.

Back