My Glam

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I think that's seriously it for me. 

One thing is the lousy communication - Finally got a response back, with an extremely cryptic message:

The January Glam Bags started shipping Wednesday the 11th. There were some shipping and tracking number issues this time around, so you may or may not have gotten a tracking number, or you may have gotten two tracking numbers, but the tracking number may or may not work or may display incorrect information. Inconvenient! I know! We are so sorry! The good news is I've looked up your order and you are getting a Glam Bag. We are shipping via UPS Mail Innovations to speed up delivery. The eta for you to get your Glam Bag is anytime between now and Wednesday the 25th. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!
Love, 

Mira at MyGlam 

Of course I never got notified about the delay or anything like that.

2. Got double billed for January. (was solved, but still, should never have happened in the first place).

3. The shipping label issues -- Seriously, that's just not safe and considering how I received two shipping notifications, it seems to only make sense that I had two shipped, but they caught them in time. If they then just slapped someone else's address on over top, with my information still there... You cannot compromise people's safety like that. 

4. Went to check my account today to cancel after all of this... lo and behold, my subscription is listed as suspended, despite me not actually having done anything of the sort. 

This subscription is not active. If you want activate it...

Oh and 5. Still haven't actually received my bag, despite getting shipping notifications on the 13th & 14th... 

Don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I really don't want to be subscribed to a service that does this sort of thing to their customers. 

I'm so worried about all these threads on how horrible MyGlam is. I'll be getting my 1st bag in February and I hope it goes better then all this. They ARE a new company, so I know they have bumps, but there are just one too many issues they are having. If my bag isn't INCREDIBLE, then I'll prob. cancel my subscription. Getting Birchbox will be enough for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree, I am very happy with my Birchbox and dont need Myglam if it is going to keep having so many issues.  But I am chalking it up to being a new business at the moment, however, there are some issues that they should have considered/fixed BEFORE they even launched.  Including the not being able to change your credit card info, and sending out a product that many people wont be able to use since it wont match their skin tone.  It just seems silly to me to have done that when their quiz has nothing to do with anything they send out.  If they wanted to include the sheercover, I would say make a proper quiz first to help determine skin tone so that so many people dont have to be disappointed in the fact that the highest value item in the bag may not work for them.

Originally Posted by Jwls750 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm so worried about all these threads on how horrible MyGlam is. I'll be getting my 1st bag in February and I hope it goes better then all this. They ARE a new company, so I know they have bumps, but there are just one too many issues they are having. If my bag isn't INCREDIBLE, then I'll prob. cancel my subscription. Getting Birchbox will be enough for me :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Corderbollie, I'm so sorry that happened to you. That's so unacceptable! I am still projected to receive mine on the 24th and received two shipping labels as well. I hope they didn't just stick another label over my original bag that was supposedly shipped on the 13th. I understand it's a new business and my plan is to give all of my subscriptions a 3 month trial. I think myglam has great potential and I just pray that they get these bumps straightened out by next month!

Just a question, are you sure that the mask has already been opened?  Did it seem like there was product missing?  Because the mask doesnt come sealed to begin with.  

Originally Posted by corderbollie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are sending out the returned bags from those who got multiples. I FINALLY got mine today, only to find that my shipping label had been slapped on top of someone elses. The mask has already been opened. At least the concealer is still sealed...

I thought the mask was supposed to come sealed, but I found out it wasn't. Everything else in my bag was sealed so I assume the mask was not tampered with. Of course, there is no way to tell.

So yes maybe I did get an unopened package, but I still find it to be in poor business practice to not even bother peeling off the old shipping label.

The Cucumber mask does not have any safety seals on or in it which is why a few people found their bags covered in cucumber mask.

For those who DO get a package with a label over it from someone else. My suggestion is to take as many close up pics of it and keep for a record. If you decide to take legal actions - either file a complaint with the FTC, ATG or BBB you can use the images as proof. So far I've had okay experience *knock on wood* with them - the worst is my bag shipped late - but you never know.

Something I'm not certain if everyone had seen were Myglam's comments about the duplicate labels. Once the first batch of duplicates started showing up at peoples homes Myglam said they put an immediate hold on all bags over the 2 days holiday weekend when the mail wasn't running to sort the bags. All of the bags that were duplicates were stopped by ups and rerouted back to the shipping company before making it to the original recipient. Those shipments were the ones that Myglam emailed customers about saying they had "retrieved" their bags and to expect them to arrive by next Wednesday. There is absolutely ZERO doubt they should have removed the old shipping labels before re sending the bags back out.

I just though everyone should know that receiving a bag with a duplicate label does not necessarily mean that you got a bag that someone decided to send back to myglam and is most likely brand new, especially if you got an email last week about your bag being retrieved. From what I've noticed if your bag was not "retrieved" by ups that weekend your one of the unlucky people who's bag went to someone else before the hold and received a cancellation notice and a refund. The bags girls are sending back by hand seem to be going to people who received cancellation notices and are still being shipped out by myglam one by one as they are received.

The duplicate labels not being removed on so many bags just seems to be *another* screw up on the part of the shipping company Myglam is partnered with 
plain.gif

On my bag was the girl before me's shipping label, a "Return Service Requested" label, and the lime green "Delivery Confirmation" label, all underneath the same three labels slapped on top of it (except of course with my shipping information on the one label)

I figured that the delivery confirmation label meant it made it to the designated address?

On my bag was the girl before me's shipping label, a "Return Service Requested" label, and the lime green "Delivery Confirmation" label, all underneath the same three labels slapped on top of it (except of course with my shipping information on the one label)

I figured that the delivery confirmation label meant it made it to the designated address?

I could be incorrect, but from what I've seen every bag originally had that delivery confirmation sticker attatched to it straight from the shipping facility so It can be tracked and scanned once it's delivered. Ups might have labeled those packages as return to sender in order to return them to myglam? I believe that's why they are saying the rerouted bags will not have working tracking numbers because the delivery confirmation tags meant to be scanned already had one original destination and they just covered up the old ones. I'm sorry I'm so bad at explaining things, I know a ton of people are more articulate than me when it comes to explaining shipping procedures 
doh.gif

I dont like how they retain ALL your personal information when you cancel! Should I email them and ask them to please delete all my personal info as I wish to no longer be a part of their scam?

Originally Posted by itssofluffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

2. Got double billed for January. (was solved, but still, should never have happened in the first place).

4. Went to check my account today to cancel after all of this... lo and behold, my subscription is listed as suspended, despite me not actually having done anything of the sort. 

If you are ever double charged Myglam has said they will automatically suspend your account so that the system has no option to recharge your payment card on file for the time being. They do that to ensure the payment issues get sorted out before putting your account back into an active status. If for whatever reason they do not automatically do it, you should be about to re activate it before February's payment is due or email them just to be safe 
smile.gif

I accidently got 3 bags shipped to me and they all had the "return service requested" label on them.  When I looked up what that meant, it said that it is basically meant to have the shipper send back the package if it was unable to be delivered.  Now I do not know if that is what they put on it when they requested bags to be sent back before they did get to the person, but the fact that all 3 of the bags that were delivered to me had that on it makes me think that it is on there to begin with, and not because of the screw up.  If that sticker was meant to mean that they were supposed to be shipped back before they got to me, then wouldnt at least 1 of my bags not have it?  USPS website made it sound like that is a normal sticker to have on it, as insurance to the company in case the address is wrong or something.

And the Delivery Confirmation sticker is the tracking sticker that usps scans as it travels.

Couldn't have been that sadly... When I contacted them about the double charge, my money was refunded toward the beginning of the month, so it should be in order with the charges... 

Only... well, then it suddenly said suspended. *shakes head* Just too many issues for my liking, so I'm cancelling for now... who knows, may sign back up if they get their act together, but for now, it's just not worth the headache. 

Originally Posted by Amber Blevins /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If you are ever double charged Myglam has said they will automatically suspend your account so that the system has no option to recharge your payment card on file for the time being. They do that to ensure the payment issues get sorted out before putting your account back into an active status. If for whatever reason they do not automatically do it, you should be about to re activate it before February's payment is due or email them just to be safe 
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I dont like how they retain ALL your personal information when you cancel! Should I email them and ask them to please delete all my personal info as I wish to no longer be a part of their scam?
Actually all companies do. You can ask them to but it's at their discretion to delete it. Legally I do not know if they don't have to even if a company asks. I know with like magazine subscriptions companies are to delete info if a customer wants the info deleted.

I think calling them a scam is a bit harsh.  They are brand new and are going through a lot of growing pains.  Granted, there are some mistakes they have made that could have been avoided, but I would hardly call them a scam.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Originally Posted by ciaobella9821 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

BeautyArmy is also a new company, but no problems like this is. this is month 2 for Myglam. this excuse for them is getting old. I still have not recieved a bag for which was paid for on Dec. 17th. They have money, I have no bag. you call it what you want, but in my mind they are a scam.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it's just a 1 month supply right?

Yes. If you don't cancel within 30 days of placing that order your credit card will be charged close to $100 for another three month supply.

Quote:

Originally Posted by itssofluffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Okay, I think that's seriously it for me. 

One thing is the lousy communication - Finally got a response back, with an extremely cryptic message:

The January Glam Bags started shipping Wednesday the 11th. There were some shipping and tracking number issues this time around, so you may or may not have gotten a tracking number, or you may have gotten two tracking numbers, but the tracking number may or may not work or may display incorrect information. Inconvenient! I know! We are so sorry! The good news is I've looked up your order and you are getting a Glam Bag. We are shipping via UPS Mail Innovations to speed up delivery. The eta for you to get your Glam Bag is anytime between now and Wednesday the 25th. Thanks in advance for your patience and understanding!
Love, 

Mira at MyGlam 

Of course I never got notified about the delay or anything like that.

3. The shipping label issues -- Seriously, that's just not safe and considering how I received two shipping notifications, it seems to only make sense that I had two shipped, but they caught them in time. If they then just slapped someone else's address on over top, with my information still there... You cannot compromise people's safety like that. 

Oh and 5. Still haven't actually received my bag, despite getting shipping notifications on the 13th & 14th... 

Don't want to be a negative Nancy, but I really don't want to be subscribed to a service that does this sort of thing to their customers. 

UPS MI is NOT speedy whatsoever. I live directly 30 minutes away from San Leandro and my package has yet to be updated since it has been stuck in Oakland(10 minutes drive) for about 3-4 days now. I would rather drive to pick mines up than have it delivered. -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agree, I would not want my address disclosed. That is just creepy.

Didn't some of us get more than one bag but they took it back before it was eventually sent to us? Maybe that's why there is another address under?

Back