Pan that Palette 2015

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All right, here's the "before" picture.  I've got my work cut out for me:

qscrAZl.jpg

Here's my starting point...

*First time attaching a picture, so if it doesn't appear I'm sorry in advance!

20141226_223904.jpg

Here is my palette today. The Nyx Champagne and Caviar palette (the 10 shadows you see at the top) is the palette I'm panning. I'm using up all but the black and the darkest brown since they look awful on my super pale skin. To compensate for this, I'm adding the 3 lightest shades from the Versus palette (the 10 shadows at the bottom). So that is 11 shadows that must be finished in order to complete this challenge.

I'm wearing two today, so I've got a start!

image.jpg

Here's my starting photo. All Red Apple Lipstick shadows and they're almost brand new. I've used 7 of them 1-2 times each and the other 2 are still unused. My goal is to try and hit pan on all of them, but really I just want to wear eyeshadow more so I'll be happy with any visible progress. I'm also hoping that by focusing on this palette I'll learn how to work with these shadows better because they're a different formula than I'm used to.

1420184145806.jpg

This post actually inspired me to create an account just now here on MUT rather than just browsing.

I want to commit to the challenge and will be using my Nyx Champagne and Caviar neutral palette. I have had this for years and have already hit pan on 4 shades. My goal is to use it up except for 2 shades- the darkest brown and the black - due to them looking completely wrong on my super pale skin. I will consider it used up when I have difficulty getting color from the pans on to my brush. Along with this, I have another Nyx palette from the Runway collections - the Versus palette. Since I am not committing to two shades from the C&C palette, I will add 3 taupe-ish shades from the Versus palette that I need to pan in order to complete my challenge.

I really think posting to this thread will hold me accountable. Hopefully you don't mind a newbie participating.
Welcome!

I will be lurking in this thread I want to pan a palette but not sure where to start. Good luck ladies!

Beautiful palettes, everyone! I really love all those colors! I kind of wish mine had a shimmer or two in it. Oh well, I'm going to try to add in a single shimmer eyeshadow to my palette in the place of that purple/black/brown because I know I won't hit pan on those.

I sadly don't have a picture of my palette (mua heaven and earth), but I have hit small pan on two of the twelve shades. I have been using my palette since this fall, and if you want to see what it looked like a month ago there is a picture in the project pan thread :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I will be better at taking photos though because I love showing and watching all the progress se make. I wonder how many pans we will hit all together this year! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here are the pics of mine! I know it looks like a lot, but like I said, I'm more looking to figure out if any of these are worth using, so I'm reserving the right to trash any that are...well, trash.

Edit: And can I just say I love that you can see the impression of the quarter I used to press these with? Even through the tissue it kept the image!

pal1.jpg

pal2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to try to pan IT cosmetics naturally pretty palette in the holiday limited edition version.  Here are my starting photos!  Best of luck to everyone here and I am so excited for my first month check in and to see everyone else's progress!

20150102_212305.jpg

20150102_212152.jpg

20150102_212157.jpg

20150102_212148.jpg

20150102_212118.jpg

I'm joining in. This year I want to pan my too faced glamour to go palette, It only has 8 eyeshadow shades and they're relatively small, but I feel like it would still be a challenge.

I originally bought it for travel because the size is so small, and the colours (save for the black) right up my alley. But even though I travel up to my parents every weekend and frequently stay over at people. I just never really bother to put on eyeshadow, so I'm really going to focus on that. The bronzer was heavily used but it broke on my and i had to toss the bits because they were getting all over my purse, and the lipgloss i scraped out, it had become gross, and I don't like lipgloss. The blush I will also try to pan this year.

I'm also tossing in a shattered wet 'n wild nutty eyeshadow, I put in an empty loose powder sifter container.

For the first month i'm going to focus on that shadow mainly, I'll take pictures tomorrow.

I forgot to take a picture of my Urban Decay Naked Palette at the beginning of January; however the palette had been touched maybe 3 or 4 times before this challenge started, so that gives you an idea of what it looks like... practically brand new! :blush:  I think I'm going to post a picture every few months or so to track my progress. I haven't decided yet.

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't wear it on the weekends.  There's something strange about the idea of wearing eyeshadow when I'm at home in my PJs.  So I'm only wearing it for the second day today.

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I've worn it 4 days. I am now a (mostly) online instructor for a masters level program. I have an office on campus but who wants to get out of PJs when you don't have to? I go to meetings a couple times a week (thus in makeup) and I've been playing with my brighter colors on the weekends when my husband and I go out. I certainly do not live in the world of wearing makeup everyday- and I never will!

Here are the pics of mine! I know it looks like a lot, but like I said, I'm more looking to figure out if any of these are worth using, so I'm reserving the right to trash any that are...well, trash.

Edit: And can I just say I love that you can see the impression of the quarter I used to press these with? Even through the tissue it kept the image!
I love that you can see the indentations of the quarter as well! So cool!

I am going to try to pan IT cosmetics naturally pretty palette in the holiday limited edition version.  Here are my starting photos!  Best of luck to everyone here and I am so excited for my first month check in and to see everyone else's progress!
That's such a cool palette.

I forgot to take a picture of my Urban Decay Naked Palette at the beginning of January; however the palette had been touched maybe 3 or 4 times before this challenge started, so that gives you an idea of what it looks like... practically brand new! :blush:  I think I'm going to post a picture every few months or so to track my progress. I haven't decided yet.

Is everyone else having a hard time wearing eye shadow everyday? I've only worn eye shadow 3 days so far  :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  
I am.... I've never been good at eyeshadow- I feel like it looks weird on me, and I can only wear a few colors and in certain ways, so ... it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone, but that's ok!

I'm actually planning on using a matte taupe-brown color to fill in around my hairline where I've had some hair loss due to stress. I bet I can use up that color super fast!!!

I'm also planning on making myself some customized face charts and I'll put my eyeshadow on that to plan out looks, and also maybe even practice other eye looks on the weekends or in the evening, and practice contouring with my grey and brown eyeshadows.

I hope that helps me use them up more! I'm lining my eyes with the dark brown color in my palette- I don't know what to do with the dark purple or black yet... black eyeliner doesn't look good on me.... and lining only takes so much.

I've never been good at eyeshadow- I feel like it looks weird on me, and I can only wear a few colors and in certain ways, so ... it's definitely taking me out of my comfort zone, but that's ok!
I think a lot of us are not as confident in our makeup game as we would like to be, so I think the face charts are a great idea!
I've been trying to watch some youtube videos to build my confidence and practicing on the weekend has helped me a lot too.

How's everybody doing? 

Update time!

I'm not wearing makeup today because my skin feels and looks so good (for me, anyway) but I wanted to post an updated photo of my palette after the first 12 days of the year. I think I only used it 10 out of the 12 days.

photo 1.JPG

BEFORE- December, 2014

IMG_1740.JPG

AFTER- 13 days of use. I even used the purple shade a little. And the black. But those are the least-used shades of the palette.

I'll try to use this palette more often... and at least every weekday.

I think a lot of us are not as confident in our makeup game as we would like to be, so I think the face charts are a great idea!

I've been trying to watch some youtube videos to build my confidence and practicing on the weekend has helped me a lot too.
I will try to do the facecharts this weekend if I don't go out of town with my family. We'll see!!

In the beginning of the month I watched youtube videos specific to my palette that I'm panning and it helped, but I fear the palette is just not very versatile and well, it's probably not the best choice for a palette to pan, but I don't mind. I like the challenge of tring things differently with only 8 shades.

Back