Petit Vour - Vegan & Cruelty Free sub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received my January box today, and instead of the eye shadow, I received two of the cream blushes.  I was supposed to get the eye shadow in "en pointe". Has anyone else gotten this eye shadow? Due to the name, I'm assuming it's pink? Can anyone confirm this?

I would just contact them at let them know that I did not get the eye shadow, but if it's pink, I'm not going to bother with it. I already have way too many unused pink eye shadows from sub boxes sitting around that I'll never use.

I hate to say it, but I'm kind of getting bored with this sub-I don't know if it's the contents, or just me, but I've had a real "meh" feeling about the last 2-3 boxes.
I got the 'en pointe' eyeshadow and it was a reddish copper color.  I have yet to try it, but it does look pretty.

I got the 'en pointe' eyeshadow and it was a reddish copper color.  I have yet to try it, but it does look pretty.
Finally got around to trying it today and I lied - it is a purple shimmery pink color.  Looks totally different in the packaging.  

I got my box today. Here is what I got

petit vour february box.JPG

So, is anyone else doing this sub?  Although I like the points system with Birchbox and sometimes getting 6 items, I think this one may be a better value with the size of some of the items.

My thoughts on the March box:

I received 4 items.  All of the photos I saw on Instagram showed the same 4 items.

Vert Mont Perfumery - Eros Wellness Perfume - do not like the packaging - I feel like I am either going to break the glass or sling oily perfume everywhere when trying to open it.  I'm wearing it today to give it a good try, but I'm pretty neutral about it.  It will go into my collection of other vial perfumes.  Value $5.25

The Little Alchemist - Cacao & Banana Face Glow - I haven't had a chance to use this yet, but it was a good size product.  Looks to be the 1oz size with a value of $32.

Metropolis Soap Co - Lip Butter - I did like this.  Fragrance was Lavender & Spearmint.  Full size.  Value $7

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular CC Cream - I like this, but it does smell a bit odd.  I don't feel like it provided much color, but it was a really good base for my normal mineral makeup (Aromaleigh).  Really good size sample.  If I had not just purchased a CC Cream from Supergoop, I would consider buying this in full size even though it is a bit more expensive.  (JB - $39 for 1.7 oz, Supergoop - $32 for 1.6 oz.)  I will continue to go back and forth between the two - the size of this sample will really let me make up my mind on which one I prefer.  Sample value $11.47

Possible value total - $55.72  Cost for me in Texas (tax) - $16.24

I like the lip butter and CC cream - those two together are $18.47 which pays for the box.  If I like the Face Glow, it really will be a good value.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got my box yesterday as well and received the same items. I really like this box. I tried it on a whim and this is my 2nd box. I'm really looking forward to trying these products. I think this box is a great value and to getting to try new natural brands is great.

Just got an email about the Limited edition spring box that is now available. The price is $55 (value $123)

petit luxury box.jpg

I just got my box and I'm really happy about the konjac sponge! I'm looking forward to trying it.

Here is a picture.

petit vour April 2015.png

Has anyone heard/seen spoilers for May? Last month was my first "meh" box in 6 months with PV. I like the polish, both formula and color, and had always wanted to try a konjac sponge. The feminine wipes felt like filler though, unlike any other box I've gotten. And I'm usually in the minority on this but I'm just not a lip balm lover so I'm never bowled over when I get one. I will say this had a very unusual scent for a lip product which was a nice surprise. Now that I've tried the sponge a few times I have to say I don't understand the hype. I mean it was nice enough as a mild exfoliator but it didn't do much for me that I don't already get from my DDF brush (the anti-Clairsonic, lol). I tried it with face wash after using a few times on its own and felt the same about it either way. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm with you on the konjac sponge. I've used it a few times now and it feels nice but not sure if it's doing anything. Haven't seen spoilers for May.

For what it's worth, I have super sensitive skin thanks to rosacea and love my konjac sponge (got it in the style quarterly by pasbox box, not this one).  Light exfoliation for wimpy skinned folks. 

The latest Petit Vour box came. I'm really looking forward to using the dry shampoo and the sugar body scrub. I tried the lipstick and it felt really nice. I was pleasantly surprised by the lipstick and will use it more for sure.

petit vour may 2015.JPG

I really enjoyed everything in the May box! I love the dry shampoo. It works well and blends easily which is often an issue for me. Plus it smells great. I also love the lipstick. I got the brick red shade. It's not the most pigmented formula but that's actually not a bad thing with this one, at least for me anyway. I saw 2 other reviews and they each had a rose shade. For once I'm glad to have gotten a darker color. The scrub was also fantastic (I say was because I've already used it all in the past week) and left a very subtle sheen on my skin. Nothing disco-fabulous or anything but enough to be noticed close up. The toner packet was surprisingly full and I got several uses from it. The scent wasn't overpowering as it can often be with rose scents. All in all I call this box a win!

I really like this month's box. The face brush is great and I'm looking forward to using it with the face cleanser. The scrub/masque sounds really refreshing (green smoothie). For the price $15 I'm happy with this box. I'm always looking to try organic/healthy cosmetics and this box is great for that purpose.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back