POPSUGAR Must Have February 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google it I am talking about macaroons, the colorful ones that I grew up with ( being European) regardless of what was being talked about here:))))

Originally Posted by stylishmomofnw /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Google it I am talking about macaroons, the colorful ones that I grew up with ( being European) regardless of what was being talked about here:))))
I grew up in Europe too and finally moved to the US last year. I am no stranger to macarons since I used to have them quite often :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I googled just like you suggested and here's what came up as the first result.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macaron

That's what we called them and I agree it says macarons in Wi but I am saying that's how WE spelled it at out bakeries, and if you google macaroons the colorful ones come up as well, no problem though the whole point is to have fun here! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />)))

I will keep calling them as I learned lets have fun here:))
By all means, but when you try to correct someone on a factual term make sure your version is actually correct ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I am not trying to correct you just friendly telling you that there are people in some parts of the world ( other than France) calling it that and that's why it also come up googling, I am not looking for arguments I come here for a bit of fun and was just simply telling you my version;)

I am not trying to correct you just friendly telling you that there are people in some parts of the world ( other than France) calling it that and that's why it also come up googling, I am not looking for arguments I come here for a bit of fun and was just simply telling you my version;)
Well, here's your own quote where you basically say that in Europe you call it macaroons:

"Google it I am talking about macaroons, the colorful ones that I grew up with ( being European) regardless of what was being talked about here:))))"

I'm not sure which european country you are originally from but in France, Germany, Spain, Croatia, Italy, Netherlands, Russia, Poland, Portugal, Finland and Sweden they are called macarons with one o. So you are the one who generalized everything under the "I'm european and in europe we call them macaroons, go google it girl". I'm also here to have fun but you were the one with the wrong attitude here and adding a bunch of smileys to your sentences doesn't make them look any less snarky.

Sorry if I offended you I want to drop this as I sincerely had good intentions and there is no need to continue on

As much as macarons would be great in the box, it's perishable so 10 to 15 day journey, will not stand a chance :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually cooked them myself 3 years ago when I got mad about these little treats. I did them 3 times and only one time they were perfect. This almond paste is so hard to do right with egg whites, I still have a great recipe somewhere. I dream to visit Laduree one day...

If they're sending boxes out early because they want us to have them by Valentine's Day, I wonder what kinds of V-Day things they might include?

Thinking of popular Valentine's Day gifts:

Chocolate - is a given, this could be anything

Something cuddly - could be the scarf

Flowers - rose-scented product (I think this was speculated earlier?)

Candles?

Dinner and a movie? Although that would be similar to the PopUp Pantry/movie tickets done already.

Any other thoughts?

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as macarons would be great in the box, it's perishable so 10 to 15 day journey, will not stand a chance :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I actually cooked them myself 3 years ago when I got mad about these little treats. I did them 3 times and only one time they were perfect. This almond paste is so hard to do right with egg whites, I still have a great recipe somewhere. I dream to visit Laduree one day...
I have just made them for the first time last week and they ended up sticking to the silicone pad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they're sending boxes out early because they want us to have them by Valentine's Day, I wonder what kinds of V-Day things they might include?

Candles?

Dinner and a movie? Although that would be similar to the PopUp Pantry/movie tickets done already.

Any other thoughts?

You know what would be nice? Since they love to send us all of those discount codes and vouchers, it would be cool if they sent us something like a free bouquet from 1-800-flowers or a similar flower delivery service :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by OiiO /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have just made them for the first time last week and they ended up sticking to the silicone pad :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

You know what would be nice? Since they love to send us all of those discount codes and vouchers, it would be cool if they sent us something like a free bouquet from 1-800-flowers or a similar flower delivery service :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 
They are tricky to make, if they fall flat, they are basically ruined, i know. I ordered them twice online, one place was la bourdick from boston, the other one was these http://www.pistaciavera.com/store/product.php?productid=16&cat=7&page=1, la burdick does not have them. I thought back then they were reasonably priced and tasted good.

I wonder if we get perfume in this box?

How do I cancel PS? I don't see anywhere on the site, so just call/email them?

Sadly, I think this is my last PS box.

All of that sounds good to me. Hopefully it is a better themed box than the New Years one.

Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Candles?

Any other thoughts?

Originally Posted by Sheeeeeelby /img/forum/go_quote.gif

How do I cancel PS? I don't see anywhere on the site, so just call/email them?

Sadly, I think this is my last PS box.
Click on your "billing" info, at the bottom of the screen theres the option to cancel.

Originally Posted by Eleda /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They are tricky to make, if they fall flat, they are basically ruined, i know. I ordered them twice online, one place was la bourdick from boston, the other one was these http://www.pistaciavera.com/store/product.php?productid=16&cat=7&page=1, la burdick does not have them. I thought back then they were reasonably priced and tasted good.

I wonder if we get perfume in this box?
Pistacia Vera is a fabulous little bakery that I love to visit not far from home!  I particularly love to go there for brunch.  It is always exciting when I see someone link to Columbus, Ohio foods.  We aren't well known outside of Central Ohio for having great food, but we do have many nationally acclaimed restaurants and bakeries. 

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pistacia Vera is a fabulous little bakery that I love to visit not far from home!  I particularly love to go there for brunch.  It is always exciting when I see someone link to Columbus, Ohio foods.  We aren't well known outside of Central Ohio for having great food, but we do have many nationally acclaimed restaurants and bakeries. 
I work about 4 blocks from there and I keep thinking I will walk over on my lunch some day. Now, I'm even more motivated...their website made me drool!

Back