POPSUGAR Must Have February 2013 Box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by JessP /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If they're sending boxes out early because they want us to have them by Valentine's Day, I wonder what kinds of V-Day things they might include?

Thinking of popular Valentine's Day gifts:

Chocolate - is a given, this could be anything

Something cuddly - could be the scarf

Flowers - rose-scented product (I think this was speculated earlier?)

Candles?

Dinner and a movie? Although that would be similar to the PopUp Pantry/movie tickets done already.

Any other thoughts?
Hmm since they have done books in the past maybe 50 shades of grey?! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hmm since they have done books in the past maybe 50 shades of grey?! ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> lol
I hope not!! Definitely cancelling then! Awful books - but I'm one of those people who cave in & read things to see what all the hype is about. 

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pistacia Vera is a fabulous little bakery that I love to visit not far from home!  I particularly love to go there for brunch.  It is always exciting when I see someone link to Columbus, Ohio foods.  We aren't well known outside of Central Ohio for having great food, but we do have many nationally acclaimed restaurants and bakeries. 
Oh! How lucky you are!!! I am jealous :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was looking through Internet high and low for good places to buy affordable macarons, and that's when I found them!

Originally Posted by jesemiaud /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I work about 4 blocks from there and I keep thinking I will walk over on my lunch some day. Now, I'm even more motivated...their website made me drool
Let us know if you do visit how you like it. I really liked the macarons from them. And the packaging was beautiful, I still have the box to keep my essential oils :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by kitnmitns /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Exhibit A: https://sugarinc-a.akamaihd.net/v1736/themes/onsugar_themes/musthave/imgs/backgrounds/meet-our-editors-2013-01-29.jpg

And she is CLEARLY thinking about tea (yes, I realize I have gone overboard and probably need a cup of that Ambrosia since I have not tried it yet)

https://sugarinc-a.akamaihd.net/v1736/themes/onsugar_themes/musthave/imgs/backgrounds/meet-lisa-2013-01-29.jpg
Know what would be really cool!  One of those serving trays on the table.  Perfect "must have home" item since no home item was included in the January box.

Very excited this is my first box!! My husband bought me a 3 month for Christmas and Jan was sold out. I can't wait to get it!!

You can check fedex and track by using reference number (which is your subscription number) - They just sent my shipping info to Fedex yesterday and the weight is 2.4 lbs

Originally Posted by Beauty-Flawed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't mind tea but I don't drink coffee. The boyfriend would be tickled if we got a french press, I on the other hand have just trained him to use the keurig so I can put the french press we have away so it's not just hanging out on my counter... lol

I think macaroons would be cool as a v day food but not sure how mass produced macaroons would taste... 
Ha! I just did the EXACT opposite!! Trained my boyfriend to use the french press so I could put the keurig away! Hahaha it was taking up way too much room in my tiny kitchen.. too funny!

Pleaasseeee no more candles/diffusers/perfume/anything overly smelly!! I've hated the scents of everything we've gotten in the past!!

Originally Posted by Heavensent8480 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You can check fedex and track by using reference number (which is your subscription number) - They just sent my shipping info to Fedex yesterday and the weight is 2.4 lbs
Thanks! I just did that and for mine, too, the shipment info was sent to Fedex on 2/4; same weight of 2.4 lbs...

I

I hope not!! Definitely cancelling then! Awful books - but I'm one of those people who cave in & read things to see what all the hype is about. 
I definitely would be upset about them too, I don't think they're appropriate to give to everyone who subscribes. Same with the perfume idea, perfume seems too personal and many people will be disappointed in the scent. I would kill for a French press however.

Plus, that book is "old", the hype for it has died down, and I don't believe a movie for it is coming out soon so I doubt they'd send it. 

I hope they do send macarons, I've always wanted to try them but am too cheap to shell out $1.60 for one without knowing if it's worth it or not. (That's the cheapest that I've found in my city, there's a place right down the road from me that charges $4!)

Originally Posted by brokenship /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I

I definitely would be upset about them too, I don't think they're appropriate to give to everyone who subscribes. Same with the perfume idea, perfume seems too personal and many people will be disappointed in the scent.

I would kill for a French press however.

yeah... that book would not be appropriate for everyone who subscribes. I could see a lot of parents with CS issues if they sent that book to their teenage daughters : /

they'll probably send something having to do with chocolate, rose type item (like a coupon or lotion scent) something for the home like a valentines date night, etc. If they did perfume, it'd probably be the high ticket item, and everything else in the box would probably be chocolate with lots of coupons haha. But, it is too personal as scents smell different on all people, so, like you, I doubt it.

Originally Posted by Heavensent8480 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This is going to be my first box :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />  I tried to look it up by reference number on Fedex and it said not found... I guess this means my shipping info hasn't been sent, since all of my shipping info is correct?

Originally Posted by Kerryliz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! I just did the EXACT opposite!! Trained my boyfriend to use the french press so I could put the keurig away! Hahaha it was taking up way too much room in my tiny kitchen.. too funny!

Pleaasseeee no more candles/diffusers/perfume/anything overly smelly!! I've hated the scents of everything we've gotten in the past!!
That is too funny!! Mine make such a mess with the french press I just couldn't take it anymore coffee grounds all over my counter every morning, it's like he was asking me to yell at him lolol

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Plus, that book is "old", the hype for it has died down, and I don't believe a movie for it is coming out soon so I doubt they'd send it. 

I hope they do send macarons, I've always wanted to try them but am too cheap to shell out $1.60 for one without knowing if it's worth it or not. (That's the cheapest that I've found in my city, there's a place right down the road from me that charges $4!)
Good point, since everyone who wanted to read it have probably already read it by now.

The last book they sent out was brand new so there was a much lower chance of that.

Hmm...I still haven't been charged and I'm not "Processing" yet. I could kick myself for not updating my card! Come on, Popsugar! Take my money!!!
icon_lol.gif

I was charged on Friday. I immediately sent an email asking if it was possible to reverse the charges (I figured that was a long shot, but...) and letting them know I needed to cancel. No response yet.
icon_rolleyes.gif

I have really mixed feelings about PSMH -- I was "meh" on the January box (my first) but would be lying if I said I wasn't the teensiest bit excited about one more box.
icon_wink.gif
 Still, this especially is not a good financial month for us and I can't justify keeping my subscription what with the high-ish price, the sporadic billing/shipping, the apparent lack of CS, etc.

Does anyone have a phone number for them? Or can anybody tell me about how long it takes on average to receive a response to an email?

Usually they respond with 48 business hours- not including weekends!! You should hear something today.

Originally Posted by CAPSLOCK /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Pistacia Vera is a fabulous little bakery that I love to visit not far from home!  I particularly love to go there for brunch.  It is always exciting when I see someone link to Columbus, Ohio foods.  We aren't well known outside of Central Ohio for having great food, but we do have many nationally acclaimed restaurants and bakeries. 
I love that place!  I've been 3 times and have never been disappointed.  It takes me over an hour to get there because I no longer live in Columbus...If I did, I would be going there a lot more.  (Was going to post a pic, but it won't let me!! I think it's because I'm still a new member.)

Debating on whether to cancel my gym membership or psmh next month...i haven't been to the gym all month...i can't afford both anymore.

Back