Secret Santa for NAILS 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm doing both Secret Santas.  I'm so excited!
Me too. I can't wait to find out who I get so I can start shopping for them.

Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ha! I'm the same way about shopping as you, DonnaD. I'm going to have to leave some really nice gifts for my mailman and UPS man this Christmas!

Quote: Originally Posted by StickyLips /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm doing both Secret Santas.  I'm so excited!

Quote: Originally Posted by lemony007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Me too. I can't wait to find out who I get so I can start shopping for them.
I'm doing both, too! Nail polish is my first love, but I love makeup too, so I can't wait to start shopping for my person, too!!!

I always do.  I have really good service people.  I always buy $25 gift cards for the mail lady, garbage guys and UPS guy.  I try to pick a different type of card every year...last year was Starbucks, the year before was Applebee's  so this year I'm thinking Home Depot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ha! I'm the same way about shopping as you, DonnaD. I'm going to have to leave some really nice gifts for my mailman and UPS man this Christmas!

#zadidoll

Tech Question: Why does DonnaD's quotes not show up when you try to quote her?

#DonnaD

I was thinking of giving my UPS man (who I happen to know from another area of my life) a gift certificate from one of the companies I regularly order from ... if nothing else, Amazon.

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  #zadidoll

Tech Question: Why does DonnaD's quotes not show up when you try to quote her?

#DonnaD

I was thinking of giving my UPS man (who I happen to know from another area of my life) a gift certificate from one of the companies I regularly order from ... if nothing else, Amazon.
I'm not Zadi, but I've noticed that if you are quoting someone who has put their response *above* someone else's quote box, their above-the-box text will not show up when you quote them.

Quote: Originally Posted by meaganola /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I'm not Zadi, but I've noticed that if you are quoting someone who has put their response *above* someone else's quote box, their above-the-box text will not show up when you quote them.
Thanks, meaganola! Donna, I haven't noticed if you do this, but could you try that and see if it works for people trying to quote you? (You know you would want to be quoted right, right? Hehee ... I couldn't resist a little more teasing! Now I've got to desert you all for that thing we call sleep!

Ok.  See if it works.

Quote:

Thanks, meaganola! Donna, I haven't noticed if you do this, but could you try that and see if it works for people trying to quote you? (You know you would want to be quoted right, right? Hehee ... I couldn't resist a little more teasing! Now I've got to desert you all for that thing we call sleep!

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now I'll be on the bottom LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is what happens when you have replied above the box.

Now I'll be on the bottom LOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is what happens when you have replied below the box.

Ok.  See if it works.

Quote:

unless you do the nested quote thing then it all shows :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by nikkimouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  unless you do the nested quote thing then it all shows :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
How do you do the nested quote thing?

Thanks, @nikkimouse for the technology help ... and not knowing how to do the nested quote thing myself, how DO you DO a nested quote as @DonnaD asked??? Curious minds want to know ......

Really excited about nail secret santa!  I've gotten pedicures for a few years but only in last few months got into buying nail polish and doing my own nails so i'm still building my collection.  This'll be a great way to add to the collection but also go shopping for nail polish which is a new addiction of mine.
smile.gif

I'm a visual learner so i took some screen snips 

first click on you profile

then click here

then scroll down to here:

and make sure it is unchecked  (because you don't want to delete the quote you want to keep the quotes)

then click save

I hope that helped :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Back