Secret Santa for NAILS 2013!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by DonnaD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Apparently Beauty Brands has DL on sale for $8.50 to $9.50.   http://www.beautybrands.com/category/brands/deborah+lippmann.do

I'ma get in on that for secret santa and hope my person might want them.
Damn...and me with no more extra money...LOL (daughters bday coming up, have to renew my license by the 5th and that swap box...not to mention BILLS)

I've been wanting to try DL polishes too but could never justify the price, I'm too cheap..LOL

Apparently Beauty Brands has DL on sale for $8.50 to $9.50.   http://www.beautybrands.com/category/brands/deborah+lippmann.do

I'ma get in on that for secret santa and hope my person might want them.
Well, if you don't beat me to it and run them out of stock, DL's are my weakness .... Besides the nail care basics, I have Amazing Grace, Fade to Black, Through the Fire, It's My Prerogative, a mini bottle of putty color (without a name) and Wicked Games. Just got an email this morning that she is doing a holiday release of Back to Matte and three other Sateen colors ... the purple is TO DIE FOR .... (IMO) ...  but I don't remember the name.

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Damn...and me with no more extra money...LOL (daughters bday coming up, have to renew my license by the 5th and that swap box...not to mention BILLS)

I've been wanting to try DL polishes too but could never justify the price, I'm too cheap..LOL
Dang, lissa, did you have to bring up that nasty, nasty WORD? BILLS
icon_evil.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dang, lissa, did you have to bring up that nasty, nasty WORD? BILLS
icon_evil.gif

sorry, i don't like that word myself but it's nastiness has caused my bank account to be put on an extreme diet

Quote: Originally Posted by lissa1307 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  sorry, i don't like that word myself but it's nastiness has caused my bank account to be put on an extreme diet
Ha! There's times that my borders on starvation! 

Quote: Originally Posted by angismith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Ha! There's times that my borders on starvation! 
I'll admit...I have starved a couple accounts to death over the years...

This is my sentiments as well.

Years ago in my late teens and early 20s I for sure did.  That is back when I felt the compulsive need to keep up with every beauty trend because I modeled, I was 5'1o and l06 pounds.

Now, that I just turned 30 and have a large family my beauty pursuits fall a little to the wayside.  However, my husband prefers me with little to no makeup.  But, my constant is nailpolish.  I can go almost bare with the face just colored eyeliner, mascara, and clear chiny lipgloss, but bright fun nails are a must.  I will gratefully thank God though that I have a clear tan complexion that looks like I already have been touched up with makeup.  And luckily my little girl got that easy to handle complexion and skin tone too.

Quote: Originally Posted by Momma4 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Years ago in my late teens and early 20s I for sure did.  That is back when I felt the compulsive need to keep up with every beauty trend because I modeled, I was 5'1o and l06 pounds.
I didn't keep up with trends as much as I tried everything before settling into a routine that worked for me with products that proved themselves. And though I never modeled, I was asked to send my pictures in one time. I am 5'11", but am now a far cry from 106 lbs! LOL!!!
yay.gif

But, when I do spend money it never goes to a nice candle, or cozy book, nailpolish here I come:)
I will splurge occasionally on a good-smelling candle! But everything else is nails, nails, nails! My latest obsession with candles is Woodwick Candles and my current favorite scent is Vanilla Bourbon! OMG does it EVER smell like heaven burning!

Just a reminder that we are going by the same rules as the Original Secret Santa with just a price reduction and different people to PM! November 1 will be here before we know it!

Santa was checking his list of naughty and nice and found a name he recognized ... MRS. CLAUS! It turns out that not ALL of those deliveries to the North Pole have been for toy parts - Mrs. Claus has a serious addiction to NAIL POLISH!In the spirit of marriages everywhere, Santa has decided to provide an outlet for all her friends on MuT to share their addiction with their nail friends: Announcing the FIRST ever MuT Secret Santa for NAILS!Elves assigned to help him in this massive task of satisfying nail addiction at Christmastime will be @magicalmom and @angismith!The rules are the exact same as for MuT's Secret Santa 2013 with the exception of lowering the price limit to $20 USD and PM'ing @magicalmom with your information.LET THE FUN BEGIN!Here are the rules:Secret Santa for NAILS 2013 rules:Sign ups for Secret Santa for NAILS will begin November 1, 2013 and last through November 15, 2013. This is a two week window to sign up. (May be extended to November 22, 2013 depending on how many people sign up.)After signing up please PRIVATE MESSAGE @magicalmom your personal information (name, address and country) no later than November 15, 2013 so your info can be shared with your Secret Santa on November 16, 2013. Your Secret Santa will be assigned to you on that date.Please indicate if you're unable to ship to a foreign country.If you have an allergies please make sure to let @magicalmom know in your PM so your Secret Santa can be informed.Gifts must be sent out between December 1, 2013 and December 15, 2013. This gives members approximately a two week window to shop or place an order. (If deadline is extended this will also be extended several days. To be determined.)Shipping priority is not mandatory but for most it may be the best option since it includes a tracking #. If you use Paypal to ship there are 1st class options that may be less expensive and will typically include free tracking.A tracking # is not mandatory when mailing within the US to another US address however it is highly recommended for your own records. If shipping from the post office and you ship 1st class I think it's an 80 cent add on. (It's part of Paypal's shipping option.) You don't have to give the gift recipient the tracking # as it's more for your own records. Note: International traders, tracking may or may be available.Total gift value should be approximately $20 (give or take $5).Item(s) must be NEW and never used, swatched or opened.Open to international traders HOWEVER note that gift receiver is responsible for any import fees, duties or taxes (if any). Also international shipping takes longer - up to 12 weeks depending on where the person lives and how it was mailed.Once you sign up please do not back out as it will cause problems with the assignment list.Please identify your USERNAME to the person you're giving a gift to avoid any confusion.General rules:Members who participate must have a minimum of 50 posts.Must be a member of MUT for at least one month (since October 1, 2013).Members must be in good standing with no serious infractions and/or no negative trade ratings.Enjoy the process and happy stalking and shopping!Love, Santa

I love woodwick candles too.  My family and friends tend to always give me candles.  My sister just gave me the autumn harvest woodwick candle.  It smells amazing.  I love anything pumpinky or citrusy smelling.

Wait the candle is called harvest time not autumn harvest.  It definitely gets me in the fall-thanksgiving mood.

Wait the candle is called harvest time not autumn harvest.  It definitely gets me in the fall-thanksgiving mood.
I have a pumpkin one picked up on clearance in a white sweater ceramic holder and it does not spread the smell like the "nipped in the middle" clear glass candles. Before I went gaga over Vanilla Bourbon, I was crazy about Fireside, and before that Biscotti, my very first WoodWick!

FLASH SALE! Beyond the NAIL ... from 1pm to 3pm EASTERN .... wonderful company to do business with ... you might want to check them out to pick up some things for your Secret Santa!

Back