(Spoilers) Julep November 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quote: Originally Posted by Boots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Quick question for you folks! I signed up today, as Julep did that offer with the first box being free (so why not, right?) and I figured out I will get the starter box. So does that mean I will get November's regular box, or nothing now till December? I'm a bit confused.

Thanks for any help! 

You should be able to get a box in the October selection window Oct. 20th - Oct. 24th, but the way Julep is set up it will actually be the November box.

I hope Julep does a holiday theme box. That would be nice and the extra could be a peppermint foot scrub or lotion.

I was just browsing on the Julep site and saw that the starter boxes have been updated to include newer colors; mostly from this month and last month and that the serum is the beauty product included. Not a bad deal for new mavens.

Quote: Originally Posted by Flowerfish /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I was just browsing on the Julep site and saw that the starter boxes have been updated to include newer colors; mostly from this month and last month and that the serum is the beauty product included. Not a bad deal for new mavens.

Can you link this?  When I look it up the starter boxes are still the ones with the foot cream

ETA: they really need to be on top of updating their pages, the intro info still talks about golden boxes and we haven't seen those in months.

Quote: Originally Posted by gemstone /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you link this?  When I look it up the starter boxes are still the ones with the foot cream

ETA: they really need to be on top of updating their pages, the intro info still talks about golden boxes and we haven't seen those in months.

Ditto, that's what I'm seeing too. They have October, September, and August boxes for sale so maybe that is what she's thinking of? 

Here's the link: http://www.julep.com/maven-subscription/intro-box-bg.html

If you search the Julep site for "starter box" all the pictures are updated with the serum and new colors.  But, when you open some of them, they show the foot cream and the older colors (it looks like they are in the process of updating).

Interesting, they are all fully updated when I look. Here are some screen shots:
I would post a link but I'm writing from my phone so it's a bit too complicated right now.

I am not good with being "on trend" or anything like that I just go with what I like... downside of that is I usually don't know what I like til I see it (and I'll end up wearing summer/spring colors during winter/fall or vice versa lol). So that being said.... with November being my birthday month, I'm hoping for some that I like!! I will totally upgrade if it's a neat set as a treat to myself... then again I upgraded in October too. I guess I just like treating myself lol! The 20th seems so far. 

I know there seems to be a lot of Julep blase around here, but since I've signed up in August, their marketing seems brilliant. It's pretty much something to keep you interested every single week... 20th being selection window, 1st being secret store, mid month being mystery box, then back to selection window. It's been painful on my wallet!

Julep does have great marketing. There is always something in my email about them every week. So it's like you can't forget them.

Quote: Originally Posted by Boots /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  Dang, I wonder which I'll really get then, when I signed up yesterday it was the "older" It Girl colours. I did the search, and only found the old colours as well. Hrm.

OH! I changed the link posted to: http://www.julep.com/maven-subscription/intro-box-it.html and it worked. I like the older colours better... Haha.

Well if anyone was interested in the serum I hope they held off so they could get it in the starter box. That way they can get an additional two nail polishes for the same price as the offer sent earlier this week. Seems like they're starting to put new products no one has tried in these boxes. It would be nice to get an email about it or something so I don't ever waste my money...it's a far better deal.

I just realized that Julep never responded to the email I sent last Wednesday 
frown.gif
Between that and reading all the frustration over how long it is taking everyone to get their October boxes, I think I just want to cash in my jules for November and kind of forget about Julep.  I'm sure I'll still make the occasional purchase here and there, but the maven boxes are so lackluster to me now.  I loved them when they were a small company but now it just seems like they don't care about their subscribers.  Not even feeling excited about the next window because I really don't think they listen to what we want to see in the boxes anyway.

Angi - I didnt recognize you with your new photo! Love it!!  Pink with sparkles is my favorite kind of mani :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> As for Julep,  I would really like to see that latex finish in another color besides black.  Maybe a plum or maroon color.  I would also like a matte glitter.  I wouldn't mind some nice oranges for Thanksgiving, but I know a lot of people don't like oranges.  And a champagne colored shimmer would be nice, I can never find one that is just the right shade without being too yellow. For products, I really want a warming body/foot scrub that smells like brown sugar.
I want jewel tones. An oxblood color, possibly with the latex finish.
I would love to see a velvet color. I want a deep rich color that screams opulence.
Jeweltone shimmers/metallics/foils over here, please. Especially a super deep ruby. But shimmer absolutely required,
I think a lipstick set like the ones that came in the May boxes but with fall colors would be great.
YES YES YES all of the above!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Jac13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

This month is flying by. 10 more days until the next window.
I feel like the months fly by now that I've been subbed to so many things, and Julep makes it super fun too.

Quote: Originally Posted by dousedingin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
  I feel like the months fly by now that I've been subbed to so many things, and Julep makes it super fun too.
Yes, the subs make life so much more interesting ... esp. if you are a nail polish addict!

This month is flying by. 10 more days until the next window.
Totally! Especially when you have subs that have their spoilers and selection windows spaced through the month. Between the 4 I get I'm pretty occupied all month :-D

Back