Walmart Beauty Box? Sweet!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in, too!

I loved walmart back when I was a kid, it wasn't as well known, and met Sam many, many times. Those memories are like an uncle you vaguely remember...beat up pick up truck, guns, labs, and camo. He loved duck hunting. My aunt got to know him through working at walmart since nearly the beginning.

I absolutely hate how walmart ended up, and now I refuse to shop there at all. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

So about 20 minutes ago I noticed I was charged 3x for this box. I decided to send an email and less than 10 minutes after I sent the email I had a response saying that I would get a refund on Monday. So far I am very impressed with the customer service and glad  I signed up.

I signed up - $5 and drugstore brands can be good! It really was too tempting although I kind of wish I was able to get a Target box instead.

When I signed up all of the pages were using https, but I do what I always do for new subs which is generate a temporary credit card number with a specific dollar limit just in case. Maybe they heard the complaints about the site not appearing secure and changed it?

I wonder if it will ship Monday? They took the $5 from my account yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
AHA!  Thank you @@CuriouslyAmanda !  When I clicked the link again, it was still showing insecure.  BUT, when I got to Step 2 (where you enter the CC information), I just clicked the link in the address bar, and typed https:// in FRONT of where the beautybox.walmart....etc URL.  I hit enter, the page refreshed, and I had my security lock!

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS if you are entering your CC info.  But, seriously happy that I'm now signed up with the rest of you!  

I signed up - $5 and drugstore brands can be good! It really was too tempting although I kind of wish I was able to get a Target box instead.

When I signed up all of the pages were using https, but I do what I always do for new subs which is generate a temporary credit card number with a specific dollar limit just in case. Maybe they heard the complaints about the site not appearing secure and changed it?
How does one generate a temporary CC number?  With all the CC database compromises at the larger corporations it's got me carrying and spending more cash these days...

How does one generate a temporary CC number?  With all the CC database compromises at the larger corporations it's got me carrying and spending more cash these days...
I have Bank of America and they have a feature called ShopSafe. It allows you to generate a temporary card number and specify a dollar limit and an expiry date. I use it for all new subscriptions (usually generating one with enough money for one to three months for that sub) and then I can just update my payment info (or extend the dollar limit/expiry date for the temporary card) when the temp card expires for that sub. This also keeps me from getting into a bind with the subscription services that ignore cancellation requests and so forth. 

I'm sure that a lot of the other large CC companies have something similar, so you might be able to look into it? 

It doesn't help for in-person transactions, obviously, since you still need your card on you for those, but for Internet purchases it's fabulous. 

I have Bank of America and they have a feature called ShopSafe. It allows you to generate a temporary card number and specify a dollar limit and an expiry date. I use it for all new subscriptions (usually generating one with enough money for one to three months for that sub) and then I can just update my payment info (or extend the dollar limit/expiry date for the temporary card) when the temp card expires for that sub. This also keeps me from getting into a bind with the subscription services that ignore cancellation requests and so forth. 

I'm sure that a lot of the other large CC companies have something similar, so you might be able to look into it? 

It doesn't help for in-person transactions, obviously, since you still need your card on you for those, but for Internet purchases it's fabulous. 
Thanks!  I'm going to find out if Wells Fargo has it!  

ZoomButt.gif

looks like the billed me already even though I cancelled immediately.  It was already approved and paid by the credit card. 
@ I think when you purchased, you were already paying for the first box. So when you cancelled, you just cancelled any subsequent boxes *after* that. It bills you immediately for the first box. If you want to cancel, I would look at the fine print for a number or just call your banking or CC company. But I wouldn't worry about this service at all- I know you're not used to Walmart, and as much as I loathe what they've done to business in America, they aren't a fraudulent company- they're the biggest retailer in the world. That being said, if you don't feel comfortable, call your CC!

Also, I your icon makes me melt every time.

This is SUCH an ingenious idea. I wish I had had this when Julep started charging me 3x a month...

@ I think when you purchased, you were already paying for the first box. So when you cancelled, you just cancelled any subsequent boxes *after* that. It bills you immediately for the first box. If you want to cancel, I would look at the fine print for a number or just call your banking or CC company. But I wouldn't worry about this service at all- I know you're not used to Walmart, and as much as I loathe what they've done to business in America, they aren't a fraudulent company- they're the biggest retailer in the world. That being said, if you don't feel comfortable, call your CC!

Also, I your icon makes me melt every time.
Thanks so much  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />   Glad you like the icon   !!   I am going to let it go . 5 dollars isn't to much to worry about.  Thanks for the  info  :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for mentioning this temp credit card number . I see that my citi card has it and I have been using it. Great idea

Back