What is your signature or favorite perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On a slightly humorous side note, T.J. Maxx was having a huge sale on justin beiber's fragrance line.

I must have something strange with my body chemistry.  Scents that I love out of the bottle rarely smell good on me,  It is hard to find something that works well for me.  My go to daytime right now is Eau So Fresh Daisy.  And I am embarrassed to admit that my nighttime fave is actually Kim Kardashian.  I just turn the bottle around so I don't have to see the name.  I was also a bit dismayed to find out today that the Elizabeth James Nirvana Black is pretty amazing on me.  (I hate celebrity lines in theory)  I also loved the Oscar de la Renta in Sargasso and Granada samples that I got from Glossy Box this summer.  I just haven't broken down and bought those yet.

Quote: Originally Posted by makeitupasigo /img/forum/go_quote.gif

On a slightly humorous side note, T.J. Maxx was having a huge sale on justin beiber's fragrance line.
I saw that last night.  My first thought was "I hope no one over the age of 13/14 actually buys/wears that."  (although I have never smelled it)  My second thought was "I hope there aren't many moms left who would let their daughters under the age of 14 buy that now."

I've been in love with the Marc Jacobs Daisy eau so fresh perfume! ive never found a perfume that I love more!

I've been wearing Clean Skin and Clean Rain in constant rotation. Love both of them for a clean, just-showered smell.

I have a couple of favorites :rolleyes: One is my Winter scent Estée Lauder's-Knowing My other favorite scent is-Lancomes MidNight Rose Thru the Summer I wear more body sprays, VIctoria Secrets and B&B

For the summer: True Religion's - Hippie Chic

Description of the scent: "Capturing the greatest of nature's gifts by embracing a soft floral body, feminine fruity undertones, and a sensual sheer musk base."

Buy it here: http://www.truereligionbrandjeans.com/store/productdetails.aspx?productid=5058&Categoryid=1172&colorid=26674&sli=1

For the winter or special occassions: Santa Maria Novella - Angels of Florence

I love the story behind this one because when there was a flood in Florence, young people throughout the world came to help preserve the priceless works of art and the city so this fragrance was create to honor those volunteers... it also smells DIVINE.

"Scent of jasmine, lilac, rose and gardenia with peach, melon and violet plus a drop of grey amber. 5% is given to help restoration of Florentine Monuments after the flood of 1966."

LOL I just noticed I have a favorite fragrance bottle shape apparently because they're the same! o_O

Buy it here: http://www.santamarianovellausa.com/product/10925.html#.Uv6G8oZBnlY

My all-time favorite is CKN2U by Calvin Klein. I think they stopped making it years ago though. I found some at TJ Maxx recently, and it still smells fresh, so I've been using it obsessively. My 2nd would be Viva La Juicy. But I'm a fragrance fanatic, you can never have too much of a good thing! lol.

It sounds so silly, but my all time favourite perfume is Live by Jennifer Lopez! I'm not even a fan of her, but that perfume is fabulous, I've since purchased Marc Jacob's Daisy, which I fawned over for months, but once I bought it, I found that Live lasted way longer. I think it's since been discontinued but it continues to stay around in discount stores. I can pick up the biggest bottle they make for $20 so that's okay with me! But Daisy is definitely one of those special occassion/day date/scents people have told me I definitely smell like when I bring the roller ball out of my purse. 

My current signature perfume is Oh, Lola! by Marc Jacobs. I absolutely love the scent, but it has very little lasting power.

I recently spoke to a salesgirl at Bond #9 and she gave me a whole bunch of samples. I kind of fell in love with the one called Madison Square Garden. That might be my next perfume purchase.

Don't really have signature fragrance, but I am currently in love with Hippy Fizz by Moschino, far departure from my usual fresh/citrusy/flowery scents... go figure

I have about 15 perfumes on my dresser and none of them can replace my all time favorite body shop vanilla circa 1992. They reformulated it and now it smells all flowery on me. But the original was rice krispy treats in a bottle. I "like" pink sugar, viva la juicy, ralph lauren romance, VS angel, demeter marshmallow, hanae mori, VS heavenly stardust, ck euphoria, armani mania, barr co. original scent. But none can replace that old vanilla.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jacks /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Donna Karan Cashmere Mist works for me.
That was the scent I used on my wedding day.

My make my day instantly better perfume is Vera Wang Princess. For the summer I like Moschino Cheap & Chic I Love Love. Im currently in love with Jo Malone English Pear and Freesia. Also I really like Paris Hilton Heiress.

I am almost embarrassed to post this, but I absolutely love Tabu by Dana. It's very, very old school, but I guess there's a reason why it has stood the test of time. I have tried so many fragrances, many of them on the very expensive end of the market, but I keep coming back to Tabu. Funnily enough, I get comments about how nice I smell when I wear Tabu!

Back