What is your signature or favorite perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 3 perfume which are: Chanel No. 5 (my favorite of all, wear it every day), Trésor de Lancôme and Hypnotic Poison de Dior.

Mine is the all amazing Vanderbelt. I adore the smell and it makes me smell irresistible and delectible. You people should try it... They don't always get it here in NZ. Sigh.... :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> But I won't give up yet... :rolleyes: Bluey xD

My #1 favorite since I was fourteen years old is "Shalimar" (original none of the new spin-offs), second "L'Heure Bleue", third "Apres L'Ondee" all by Guerlain.

I also like "Muguet des Bois" by Coty, "Jasmin & Bergamote" by L'Occitane,  "Kai" perfume oil by Kai, and "Tommy Girl"

But I wear one of the Guerlain's almost everyday.

Quote: Originally Posted by Courtnee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine is the all amazing Vanderbelt. I adore the smell and it makes me smell irresistible and delectible. You people should try it... They don't always get it here in NZ. Sigh....
frown.gif

But I won't give up yet...
rolleyes.gif

Bluey xD
I also love this! In Australia, this retails for as low as about $12. I have a real thing for kitchy vintage fragrances. Some people turn their noses up at them, but I find them fascinating. Fragrances like Charlie, Vanderbilt, Tabu.....I am really fussy about fragrance actually. I have been given quite a few expensive ones by my brothers (doctors) including Joy, but if they don't smell right to me, I just can't wear them. However, mostly my brothers get it right. I really enjoyed Anais Anais and I absolutely loved Fidji (which my dad purchased once) and I have never been able to find it again. Does anyone know if this was discontinued?

Quote: Originally Posted by patentlyvee /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My signature scent is Flowerbomb by Victor @Rolf. As you can surmise, it is extremely floral. It is not the most long lasting fragrance, though.

This is mine as well. I actually was slightly annoyed at a friend who bought it despite knowing how much I love it. I've been wearing it since 07 and I still get tons of compliments on it. Surprisingly a lot of guys/guy friends like the scent, they comment that it smells 'so good'.

As I'm a beauty junkie like the rest of us on here I have a ton of other scents that are runners up. In the summer I use Pacifica's Indian Coconut Nectar for days on the beach or when I'm playing in leagues. I've recently started liking Juicy Couture's Viva La Juicy so I've been doing swaps for that and other JC scents to see what else they have. Luckily I work in a lab with a very informal dress code (I wear yoga pants and a hoodie or fleece almost every day) so I end up wearing a lot of the sample vials to work as the beauty standards there are lower than in other places and a fragrance has to smell really rank or be extremely overpowering to draw any attention in that workplace. It allows me to figure out the misses without having a coworker wrinkling their nose at me all day
icon_lol.gif

My fave at the moment is Ange ou Demon by Givenchy. Fruity floral and oh, so spring perfect. Second favorite is Santal Majuscule by Serge Lutens. reminds me of the forest and dessert at the same time - a one-of-a-kind fragrance. 

My favourite perfume is "Sicily" by D&G. Until a few years ago you can buy it without problems in my country, but recently I have to buy it from foreigners ebayer (German for example).
I suppose that is out of production...
I don't know :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Does your Sephora sell it? 

Can't say I have a signature scent, but my recent obsession has been Jo Malone.  Love me some Wild Bluebell mixed with English Pear & Freesia!   :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

My "signature" scent would probably be Guerlain Angelique Noire because it is everything I look for in a fragrance and just one dab on the backside of the wrist will get me compliments for hours. :wub:

My longest running favorite has been Presence D'une Femme by Montblanc. This is an EDT but it has the most indescribable scent that just makes me feel sexy and happy and like Sophia Loren - just a beautiful, sultry siren. Montblanc website says the fragrance has top notes of pineapple leaves, pepper and tangerine. Mid notes are cyclamen and orchid and base notes are sandalwood, Brazilian rosewood, vanilla flower and patchouli. It's classified as Oriental, but I definitely think it is on the soft side for an Oriental. This is my #1 pick for someone looking for a new scent. However, you may need to reapply more often, as this doesn't have a very strong sillage, or much longevity.

One recent purchase that I haven't used much is the Mon Précieux Nectar also by Guerlain. This is a parfum extract, so I use it in literal drops at a time. Three drops is enough for the whole day, and the fragrance stays sweet with a hint of musk because it has that base of sandalwood and musk that is vitally important to me.

I am a fragrance junkie, so I could easily list many more, but those three are my top so I will leave it at that! ^_^ /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Paris hilton can can, Versace yellow diamond and Gucci guilty. Those are my three signature scents. Usually wear Guilty on work (more sophisticated smell), and cancan and yellow diamond everywhere else. Yellow diamond is such a nice citrus-y smell and can can is more of a floral/fruity smell. Both are lovely! :wub:   :wub:

Back