What is your signature or favorite perfume?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've always been in love with Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden. I love its citrus smell and it's not so powerful like those strong perfume grandma wears! I also love Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs. This scent is more fruity, more bubbly, more fun! It leaves me feeling and smelling fresh all day!  :lol:  

I used to love YSL Paris and wore it for years! I also like vera wangs signature scent and Donna Karan's cashmere mist. I mostly wear philosophy's amazing grace or summer grace...just found that these scents didn't bother people's perfume allergies at the office.

Tory Burch! I just got it and love it! But I must say it doesn't have super long staying power. But I love it anyway!

Sadly mine is Clinuque simply which has long since been discontinued. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I hoarded a few bottles though so I will have some for a while.

Another is secret wonderland from BBW...which is also...yup, discontinued.

Oh! and i forgot Demeter Jasmine which I got in an Ipsy trade and loooovvve so much. It's a summer favorite for me this year :wub:

Sadly mine is Clinuque simply which has long since been discontinued. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I hoarded a few bottles though so I will have some for a while.

Another is secret wonderland from BBW...which is also...yup, discontinued.
I liked secret wonderland too. If you have a rite aid near you I think they have a dupe of the body mist. The bottle looks just like the BBW one and I think the name is similar. And it's only 5.99. Haven't tried it yet myself though.

I use an organic kind of spray... more like a body splash I would say (but it doesn't fade fast AT ALL!) by the Brazilian brand "natura". It's called EKOS Açaí and smells very fruity and exotic :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I love it!

Posted in this thread already, and those answers still hold but since it has been summer I have been wearing my new Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Lys Soleia almost exclusively. This is sooo nice, light and fresh for summer but still with that musky vanilla base that I love so much about Guerlain's fragrances.

Some reviews I have read say that this scent "smells like summer" and while I can't necessarily agree with that (to me, summer smells like hot asphalt and barbeque, not something I think one would want to bottle :lol: ) it does smell like flowers blooming in the sun, or something similar. I love it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Prada Candy.

Sadly I just ran out and to broke to afford a new bottle so I rock the Lady Gaga perfume for now.

I tend to mix it up based on the season and my mood, but my general go-to spring/summer scents are DKNY Be Delicious, Coach Love, or Davidoff Cool Water Woman.  For fall/winter, I do Prada Amber Pour Homme or Vince Camuto.

I've got tons more perfume (samples and bottles) that I wear occasionally, but those are the ones I reach for most often.  I loved Clinique Happy back in the day, but I think they've changed it, since it smells differently to me now.

Here's the backstory on my "signature scent".

Up until Chanel, I wore LaCoste's Inspiration in my teens after a French girl I knew commented that it was so pretty and then to D&G's "marshmellowy" scent Pour Femme, which I still love but it doesn't last very long.

A family member of mine had a one time sale on Chanel perfume where she works so I had her pick up a bottle of Chanel's Coco Mademoiselle.  Never tried it before didn't know what it smelled like.  Received it from her, sniffed the free sample it came with.  HATED it.  Smelled so heavy and scented in the bottle.  Never used it.

Then, went on vacation for a week.  Took this with me as a, "I paid $50 for this, going to use it at least once thing.  Will try to make it work"  The first time I wear it, that day, a guy is walking about 8 feet from me, early 30s, pretty suave.  

Says aloud, "Miss, that scent, WHAT is that scent, WHAT are you wearing?  It smells SO good.  I have to walk behind you just to smell it." (yes, half pervy thing to say but whatever, we were in a crowded lot).

I tell him "Chanel" and I'm smitten that entire day as a man has never complimented me on my perfume before only women.

So...there it is.  Lasts long and makes me feel good.

Prada Candy.
Love that scent too.  Only had a free sample from around Xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yeah, men love Coco Mademoiselle - I wore that all the time when I was....  shall we say... "on the hunt"? :laughing:   And now, unfortunately, that's all it reminds me of. I do think it is a great scent, though, probably my favorite of Chanel's.

Oh yeah, men love Coco Mademoiselle - I wore that all the time when I was....  shall we say... "on the hunt"? :laughing:   And now, unfortunately, that's all it reminds me of. I do think it is a great scent, though, probably my favorite of Chanel's.
I'm on the hunt for a man and this fits me perfectly then.  :laughing:

See funny thing is, I was reading some reviews for it online and specifically remember this one male saying, "It's an old lady perfume, I would NEVER find this attractive on a girl."

Body chemistry mixing with the scent makes a huge difference.

I'm on the hunt for a man and this fits me perfectly then.  :laughing:

See funny thing is, I was reading some reviews for it online and specifically remember this one male saying, "It's an old lady perfume, I would NEVER find this attractive on a girl."

Body chemistry mixing with the scent makes a huge difference.
Ahaha, seriously? I bet he smells it on a girl one day and is bowled over by the difference. It's a great one, because guys never seemed to be like "oh, you're wearing a nice perfume" but always "oh wow, you smell good".

One time my husband told me a girl at his work was wearing the scent and he told me, "All I could think about were the fun times before kids!" :lol: Scent is a wonderful thing, I think!

Ahaha, seriously? I bet he smells it on a girl one day and is bowled over by the difference. It's a great one, because guys never seemed to be like "oh, you're wearing a nice perfume" but always "oh wow, you smell good".

One time my husband told me a girl at his work was wearing the scent and he told me, "All I could think about were the fun times before kids!" :lol: Scent is a wonderful thing, I think!
Nice.  Loving it even more.

Back