WTF???? The Elvira show just emailed me???

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, right?

I was thinking that...

...since no one can really live up to the actual Elvira. Personality-wise.

(I mean, look-wise - them drags are pretty top notch. Haha.) It'd be hard to track down what they're really looking for. You most deff gotta have that inner sex-kitten in you. Were sex just oozes out without being slutty. That was her whole shtick. I loved that woman since I was a kid - I swear.

Maybe that's why I'm real juiced you're in the competition.

And being the beyotch of the show won't get you far - just gotta be on point with your personality.

Are you studying Elvira stuff for the time being or have you?

Lemme just tell you....there were lot of vulgar chicks there. We're talking see through dresses with thongs, mini skirts with booty cheeks out...yikes.

I always loved Elvira because she is sexy and funny. She isn't vulgar, she's suggestive. And to me that is far sexier than someone running around in crotchless fishnets. There is no person that can replace Elvira. She has perfected her style and her persona. She is an Icon. Anyone who tries to step into those pumps is in for a rough road...haha

I just want to be me. People kept asking me.."Who's your character?" I was like...."I don't need one, I am a character in Real Life!!"

And yeah...those Drags were on point.

Damn.

Are you sure you're in the search for the next Elvira and not Jenna Jameson?

Some females be doing too much to get attention.

Save the crotchless pantie's for your Grandma's birthday party, you feel me? Haha.

hahaha....

I felt bad for the families that decided to visit the Queen Mary that day. Needless to say I saw a lot of Husbands getting their heads smacked! I also saw a lot of teenage boys with camera phones.

The difference between this and the Next Jenna search.....I never saw so many black-haired girls in my life. The one blonde I saw came out of the casting room crying....lol

Haha. A lot of happy boners went on that night.

Oh yeah, was gunna ask if anyone looked 'not elvira-like'.

Poor blondy. What happen to her, you know?

How was the interview process like.... and how did your scream come out? Haha.

i can only imagine the freak show you saw hahha..

i wonder what they would possibly say to make a girl cry..hmm..was it like american idol? was simon cowell there to insult people? ahaha.

There were some non-Elvira people. One girl wore a juicy sweatsuit and sweatband with a black wig? Another girl came dressed like a 50's housewife? Maybe they had a character or an act or something? There were also a lot of..ahem...older women. Elvira herself is about 50 and wanting to retire, why would she pick someone older?

When blondy came out she was crying and they were filming. She said Elvira asked her why she would even try-out? But you know Elvira is blunt like that!

In the interview they asked me what I did. I told them I was a makeup artist and Elvira said....."See little girls, stay in school!" I laughed. When I did my scream it was so loud.....one of the drag judges said..."I think she peed a little" and I was like "I probably did!" They didn't intimidate me at all. They tried to say that because I am young that I didn't appreciate Elvira and didn't know her movies. Soooo I told them all the ones I'd seen and that at age 6 I had an Elvira poster on my wall....no Debbie Gibson...Elvira! After I came back with that they smiled and said I was pretty and had pretty eyes.

You gotta be tough on drags or they'll walk all over you.

haha! tough on drags.

man you probably impressed them big time, they just didnt wanna seem too impressed cause they think theyre the shit haha.

but you sound like you really rocked it. i bet nobody else even came close. they should just give you the crown now.

Damn. So Elvira is like Janice ****son. Omg - I'm so gonna record this show.

Them drags don't play around either.

I've seen, "To Wong Foo Thanks For Everthing". They don't mess around. Especially ones who resemble Wesley Snipes.

That whole "stay in school" bit made me laugh. My psychology teacher said that to my friend when we annouced what we wanted to be growing up.

It's somewhat true - because these girls who go to beauty school really don't have the chops to make a good, long lasting career out of it. But meh.

Good to know they didn't faze you.

You're from NorCal - not Laguna. Haha. Tough Skin
biggrin.gif

That is AWESOME!!!

You got to meet THE ELVIRA!!! Dammit, you do not even KNOW how jealous I am right now, LOL!

I always loved her wit, and I always thought she was so gorgeous! Even at fifty she absolutely FLOORS me, it's unbelievable!

What can I say, I've always been a sucker for a woman with balls, and that's my favorite thing about her!

By the way, you look GORGEOUS in your pictures, and they would be idiots not to pick you. It's not just your eyes, but it's the whole package. (You have it all, so work it =0] ) I don't know you in person, but from I've read from your posts, I have to say that you have that same biting wit and smarts.

You have my vote, no doubt about it!

Do you know when the show is due to air? I really want to see it! =0]

*Big Bear Hugz* I have my fingers crossed for you!

Oh wow Amanda! You looked fabulous! I WANT that bra you're wearing..your boobs look great! lol Sounds like you had an awesome time, I think your outfit was stunning, you put your own style into it, and didn't try to actually copy Elvira, I think you did a great job
smile.gif

Can't wait to hear more updates
smile.gif

Celly- I have a feeling Frisco Drags are a little tougher than Malibu Drags..haha. The Bay Area was good training.

Stranger- I think the show airs in mid October.

Bec688- The bra is the strapless Victoria Secret Very Sexy....freakin' love it!

OMG>. YAY! I am so excited.. I am sure that Amanda learned a lot of goth shit since her BFF is goth! =) Dude.. shopping for Fendi handbags.. yesss.. we are really gonna do this!

SHizzzzzzz.. I just checked out the "Next Elvira" myspace page and there were chicks posting comments about how they tried out and were on the Queen Mary.. UGLY!!!!!!!!!!!! THey were all little 19 year olds with crappy black wigs or ugly makeup. I am laughing my ass off right now.

It sounds like you did really well! You looked absolutely gorgeous too. I am rooting for you over here in Sweden!

sounds like you did great!! good for you for showing them that you are a confident woman!!!!!!!!! when will you hear from them next??

I cant tell you how excited i am for you because i love elvira and i really hope you get it!

Back