Julep New Years 2013 Mystery box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait for mine now. Ahhhh. It'll be until next Thursday at least since I'm out of town for the holidays. Ohhhh welllll.

I got the tracking number on Wednesday, but the USPS site says that it was received into their system today. So it's likely been waiting around to be shipped out for 2 days minimum. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and get it in the mail.

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got the tracking number on Wednesday, but the USPS site says that it was received into their system today. So it's likely been waiting around to be shipped out for 2 days minimum. Maybe I'll get lucky tomorrow and get it in the mail.
Check again, I got that same tracking update this morning but mine was delivered today!

Spoilers for some people's boxes are up:

http://www.renolynreviews.com/2012/12/julep-new-years-mystery-box-2012.html

http://katlynemakeup.blogspot.com/2012/12/julep-new-years-mystery-box.html

(note: obvs not my blog, I pulled these off of Julep's FB page where people were advertising)

The two boxes content's seem relatively similar. I hope I don't get the same product they get since I've gotten that... though I've gotten a majority of their products at this point 'cause I received a $200-value product lover's box last time around. o_O Still... hopefully there won't be any polishes I don't already have.

I can't believe some people are still complaining. True the first box "barely" made the $100 value, but considering the fact that you're getting all when paying $20... I still Julep overvalues their products sometimes (and then subsequently deppriates them), but I'd definitely say that even the lowest "values" of boxes feel like you got your money's worth.

Now you have me excited!! I got my shipping notice on Wednesday too and it just showed up as received today. Now I have hope that it's coming tomorrow. This is my first mystery box and I'm super excited- I can't wait to start using my new iPad mini...lol... A girl can dream:D

Originally Posted by artemis76 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Check again, I got that same tracking update this morning but mine was delivered today!
Interesting. The status is still the same, so I'm hoping it just hasn't updated in the system and that I'll get it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Spoilers for some people's boxes are up:

http://www.renolynreviews.com/2012/12/julep-new-years-mystery-box-2012.html

http://katlynemakeup.blogspot.com/2012/12/julep-new-years-mystery-box.html

(note: obvs not my blog, I pulled these off of Julep's FB page where people were advertising)

The two boxes content's seem relatively similar. I hope I don't get the same product they get since I've gotten that... though I've gotten a majority of their products at this point 'cause I received a $200-value product lover's box last time around. o_O Still... hopefully there won't be any polishes I don't already have.

I can't believe some people are still complaining. True the first box "barely" made the $100 value, but considering the fact that you're getting all when paying $20... I still Julep overvalues their products sometimes (and then subsequently deppriates them), but I'd definitely say that even the lowest "values" of boxes feel like you got your money's worth.
the second one is my blog :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> and I do feel like I got my money's worth, and either way, I'm not into complaining, i just went off what the website said and compiled it into a list, since most people care about "bang for your buck". I'd be ok if I got 2 nail polishes, because its still 1.5X my input.

Hey girls I'm new here. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I also got one of the Mystery boxes but i was wondering if any of you know how long it takes for them to arrive in California, for those of you who live here 

Originally Posted by Nikki Apostolou /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine is in kent wa. I'm in NYC. This is going to take a while
My Julep stuff always gets to DC really fast. Like 2-3 days. 

Mine just came!

Four colours: Isla, Portia, Hoch, mystery that looks almost exactly like Hilary except slightly redder glitter. ($14 * 4)

Matte coat ($14)
Age-defying hand brightener ($32)
3 nail polish remover pads ($3) Tote bag ($5) + 1 glitter pot + 3 hand brigthener packets   =$110 As I said earlier, I can't complain because I feel like I got my money's worth. That, however, does not mean I particularly care for the contents since I got so many dupes, but that's a risk with mystery bags always, isn't it?

though I don't understand why they're giving the packets when it's the same product in the bag =_=;;

Originally Posted by Kyuu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mine just came!

Four colours: Isla, Portia, Hoch, mystery that looks almost exactly like Hilary except slightly redder glitter. ($14 * 4)

Matte coat ($14)
Age-defying hand brightener ($32)
3 nail polish remover pads ($3) Tote bag ($5) + 1 glitter pot + 3 hand brigthener packets   =$110 As I said earlier, I can't complain because I feel like I got my money's worth. That, however, does not mean I particularly care for the contents since I got so many dupes, but that's a risk with mystery bags always, isn't it?

though I don't understand why they're giving the packets when it's the same product in the bag =_=;;

haha, you and I got the exact same bag! except I got 2 hand scrubs(which I thought was cool because youre supposed to use the hand scrub before the brightener, I thought it was on purpose, so idk why you got the brightener packets!!!!! seems redundant :/) instead of the 3 hand brighteners. but awesome, we're bag twins!!! I really like the fact that it seems like the polishes theyre sending out(with the exception of the mystery glitter) are coordinated, they fit well together. I plan to put portia over both Hoch and Isla! lol, I will probably save the mystery for halloween, thats what the colors remind me of, I will put it over a bright orange polish! lol. I've NEVER used a matte top coat, so idk how I'll deal with that. lol. but its fun to experiment.

Got my boxes. One is a gift for MIL. Hope she likes the colors she's getting. On the invoice it says Mystery Box 1

HATE that they are still giving out those stupid bags. They are a size worth using for anything.
My box:
Stupid Julep bag
Sandra (this makes 3 bottles I have of this now)
Mystery glitter
Courtney
Elosie
Matte Coat
silver glitter pot

Brightening Lotion
various sample packets like everyone else
Guess I'm kind of over the mystery boxes for a while.

Originally Posted by CaptainSassy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Got my boxes. One is a gift for MIL. Hope she likes the colors she's getting. On the invoice it says Mystery Box 1

HATE that they are still giving out those stupid bags. They are a size worth using for anything.

My box:

Stupid Julep bag

Sandra (this makes 3 bottles I have of this now)

Mystery glitter

Courtney

Elosie

Matte Coat

silver glitter pot

Brightening Lotion

various sample packets like everyone else
Guess I'm kind of over the mystery boxes for a while.
ooh, what does Courtney look like? I can't find it on the website!!

Originally Posted by lloronita /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Courtney is green--you can Google:  Julep Courtney swatch
lol yeah. I thought about that...AFTER I posted. silly me.
hahaha.gif
wassatt.gif

I got mine today. While overall, I'm of a mixed bag of what I received, I think I did better on the mystery box than I would have on January's box. So I can't complain.

Pedi creme
Yet Another Melissa. I literally gave one of the 4 I've gotten in mystery boxes away as a gift yesterday. *sigh*
Matte Top Coat - already have one from the suedes
Gwyneth
The mystery glitter
Sandra
Brandt - from the Trina Turk collection
Blue glitter pot
2 nail polish remover pads
2 packets of the glycolic hand scrub

Originally Posted by DragonChick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got mine today. While overall, I'm of a mixed bag of what I received, I think I did better on the mystery box than I would have on January's box. So I can't complain.

Pedi creme

Yet Another Melissa. I literally gave one of the 4 I've gotten in mystery boxes away as a gift yesterday. *sigh*

Matte Top Coat - already have one from the suedes

Gwyneth

The mystery glitter

Sandra

Brandt - from the Trina Turk collection

Blue glitter pot

2 nail polish remover pads

2 packets of the glycolic hand scrub
That's the same box I just got. Out of all the boxes I saw, this was the one I was least excited about :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Oh well. I got a few new colors and the pedi creme (which I already have from a previous box) will be a great addition to the gift basket I'm putting together for a friend! I can't complain for the value and it was fun to get a sub box that I had NO Idea what was coming. I always spoil my BB, Ipsy, etc. 

Back